Is the parks going to be open in May of this year and is there going to be screening done at the hotels.

lissa_hulshizer

So are we going to have screening for the virus before people arrive at the hotels and before they are able to go to their rooms? And are you sure that they will be open in May of this year because I have a honeymoon planned and I would love not wanting to reschedule it.

seascape

Poor you. I spent yesterday ransacking my outpatient family med office ransacking it, hoping to find some overlooked Personal Protective Equipment. We found 100 face fields, 3 packs of gowns, and 5 N95 masks. The director of our testing center nearly cried.

It’s ok to be frustrated about cancellations but your sense of entitlement disgusts me. Your trip is a trivial drop in the bucket, and it’s not Disney’s fault they need to stay closed to prevent the spread of a deadly virus. Be thankful your son will have more birthdays. There are going to be many who will not have any more birthdays.

Would you like to know what I’ll be doing next week on Mon, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday? Swabbing. Swabbing for Covid. Swabbing for Covid for 8 hours straight.

I’m hopeful I’ll get a lunch break and a few bathroom breaks. Maybe.

And because Ive been asked to do swabbing, I won’t be able to be in my own office to see my own patients. I’m suspending my practice to do this and letting other partners overtake their care. It’s really hard for me to accept this but the testing center is where I’m needed right now. And this is going to go on indefinitely but at least through the end of April.

I also have two younger brothers in healthcare. None of us will go near our parents for the next few months so as to protect them.

GET SOME PERSPECTIVE

-A tired doctor
Thank you for all you are doing. Everyone is frustrated and under extreme stress. That is why it is critical that the government not only take steps to take care of our physical health but also our mental health. The Entertainment industry is needed. Regional themeparks are more important than the Orlando parks. Yes, we must make sure WDW and Universal Florida survive because Orlando would die without them but it is the regional parks that provide escapes for more people. WDW may draw over 50 million a year but the actual number of specific people is probably not even 15 million. Again, thank you for all you are doing.

Upvote 0

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Poor you. I spent yesterday ransacking my outpatient family med office ransacking it, hoping to find some overlooked Personal Protective Equipment. We found 100 face fields, 3 packs of gowns, and 5 N95 masks. The director of our testing center nearly cried.

It’s ok to be frustrated about cancellations but your sense of entitlement disgusts me. Your trip is a trivial drop in the bucket, and it’s not Disney’s fault they need to stay closed to prevent the spread of a deadly virus. Be thankful your son will have more birthdays. There are going to be many who will not have any more birthdays.

Would you like to know what I’ll be doing next week on Mon, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday? Swabbing. Swabbing for Covid. Swabbing for Covid for 8 hours straight.

And because Ive been asked to do swabbing, I won’t be able to be in my own office to see my own patients. I’m suspending my practice to do this and letting other partners overtake their care. It’s really hard for me to accept this but the testing center is where I’m needed right now. And this is going to go on indefinitely but at least through the end of April.

I also have two younger brothers in healthcare. None of us will go near our parents for the next few months so as to protect them.

GET SOME PERSPECTIVE

-A tired doctor
Thanks for everything and good luck.

Upvote 0

filipe

Anyway,

Just to let you guys know, my trip was for May 1st through May 16th. I had reservations for Universal's Endless Summer (Surfside) for the last 4 days. However, I just got an email telling me my reservation was cancelled and refunds were being made because the hotel would be closed at my dates as a precautionary measure.

I'm thinking they are preparing to announce the extension.

Upvote 0

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Poor you. I spent yesterday ransacking my outpatient family med office, hoping to find some overlooked Personal Protective Equipment. We found 100 face fields, 3 packs of gowns, and 5 N95 masks. The director of our testing center nearly cried.

Would you like to know what I’ll be doing next week on Monday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday? Swabbing. Swabbing for Covid. Swabbing for Covid for 8 hours straight.

GET SOME PERSPECTIVE

-A tired doctor
God Bless you. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. ❤️

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Can we allow Disney to "open" so all these entitled selfish people can go there, get trapped, and let natural selection do its job.
I want it to open so my trip can take place... but I would also like it to open so we can read her followup post about wanting a refund of her entire trip because she couldnt get the FP+ she wanted, had to wait in a line, she didnt get a free dessert for wearing a honeymoon badge and she couldnt ride in the front of the monorail.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

I don't understand the original poster's statements. I TOTALLY understand being upset and frustrated that Disney is closed, but I mean, EVERYTHING is closed. Obviously can't speak for anywhere else, but in PA all non life sustaining businesses are closed including schools and day care centers. Parks and playgrounds have been closed and taped up.

I mean, being frustrated is one thing, but there's absolutely no reason to be so MAD when Disney is closed to keep people as safe and healthy as possible. I've seen people that were incredibly healthy find out they were COVID-19 Positive that almost died. Don't risk the health and safety of you, your family, plus other people just to go on vacation. I love Disney, but if I were scheduled to go right now I'd be find rescheduling for another time that I could make work (and that means more time to save up if there's a pricing difference)

Upvote 0

mdcpr

I was supposed to be in Vegas in July for a couple of events and they were cancelled. If July in Vegas was cancelled, I have a feeling that May at WDW might not happen for you.

Upvote 0

njdkad

So are we going to have screening for the virus before people arrive at the hotels and before they are able to go to their rooms? And are you sure that they will be open in May of this year because I have a honeymoon planned and I would love not wanting to reschedule it.
test take 2 days for results to be determined, wait at check in 2 days to be allowed in ,are you real

Upvote 0

mdcpr

Then we need to say screw it to Disney then am I correct. Then Disney need to reschedule people’s times give them free air fair and all of that because I just wasted in you way of thinking like 400.00 on a plane ticket to go to their parks and then 2k on the resort and my package. They need to refund me all of my money including my air fair and btw that it wasn’t included and I won’t even receive half of that back. So do you think they will do all that for me?
Oh honey, it doesn't work that way. Disney will not refund air fare because that was your option to fly there. They might only refund your hotel and tickets.

Upvote 0

unmitigated disaster

I want it to open so my trip can take place... but I would also like it to open so we can read her followup post about wanting a refund of her entire trip because she couldnt get the FP+ she wanted, had to wait in a line, she didnt get a free dessert for wearing a honeymoon badge and she couldnt ride in the front of the monorail.
And Sam will still be doing nothing.

Poor Sam. I hope he or she has never seen the Katiebug post.

She reminds me of people who are calling the hotel I work at and even though Pima County has shut down all restaurants and bars except for delivery and take out they melt down when we explain that that includes our outlets, too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom