Is the Hand Coming off of SE???

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Super Duck
Be careful what you ask for.

What if when the hand came down, they erected a 1200 ft. golfer with a huge golf club ready to hit spaceship earth.

Interesting.

Hey, That would work as long as the golfer was Goofy.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by dliddi
SirNimajneb- when I seen that link I almost fell off my chair with laughter, and worry. :lol: :eek:

I agree with you on the fiber optics, I think they could to lots of cool effects, like back it the late 80's, after the fireworks they would make SE look like a spinning globe with a laser. There is lots of new tech. that could give it some really cool pizzazz, with out the sign, at least it dosn't blink on and off.:lol:

WDW1971- Thank you for the complement

They actually projected the globe on Spaceship Earth until right before the Millennium Celebration--I thought it was kewl, although a bit dated...now they just shoot those lasers off into space; you can see them when you walk out of the park after Reflections...one is blue, the other green.

WDW1971

Originally posted by DogsRule!
They actually projected the globe on Spaceship Earth until right before the Millennium Celebration.

I remember that when I was there for the 25th Anniversary. They would project a big "25" on it at the conclusion of Illuminations. I thought it was great and expected to see it again when I was there in December 2002. But it wasn't. I thought they'd have a big "100" on it or something.

SirNim

I for one remember that spinning globe projected via lasers on SE...

And I loved it...

I wish it was back! When they take down the hand they'll probably create some new laser effect on SE, but for now, while the Hand is there, SE will be a blank sheet of paper, waiting to be drawn on with lasers and lights and such...

Plus, down on the other end of the Park Illuminations has it's own spinning earth globe that's also a TV!!:D

But there's nothing that can take the place of those beloved lights and their patterns on SE in the pre-2000 days, especially the "earth lights"...:(

:)

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
I think a pre-Millennium-looking Epcot (i.e. w/out the Hand) will be quite a startling contrast now that we all subliminally have gotten SOOO used to it...

Yeah, I'm used to it....
:rolleyes:

It's one of the many visions of which my nightmares are formed

Fido

Well when I was young I used to have a nightmare consisting of a witch chasng me around, but never one with a giant hand holding a wand sporting the word 'Epcot'. At least you can see it coming in the dark, right?

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Fido
Well when I was young I used to have a nightmare consisting of a witch chasng me around, but never one with a giant hand holding a wand sporting the word 'Epcot'. At least you can see it coming in the dark, right?

*Diva just shakes her head and grins...*

:lol: Now that was pretty funny! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom