Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

tirian

So why did they build it in the first place? And if they really intended it to only be around for a short while then planning something so expensive to remove was a real cluster****. I hope they at least fired whoever came up with the idea of the hat, in my view they should never be allowed to touch a theme park again.

In any temporary project, the budget should cover the entire life-cycle. If it was going to cost a ton to take down, that should have been allocated in the construction budget as well. If it wasn't, then it was clearly intended to be a permanent thing, whatever has been said to the contrary to appease the Chinese Theatre fans.

I'm hopeful that there has been a house clean and the incompetent imagineers of ten years ago are now long gone, and a new generation who understand theming and quality will be in place for any DHS re-imagining, but we'll see.
@WDWLover#1 answered this question.

Goofyernmost

Yep, neon can flash. Back in the day, there were lots of "animated" neon signs. The GMR exterior signs have/had flashing neon...I think the "sawtooth" border was animated and the interior marquee has flashing neon.

They still do, but I think the right sign is broken.

The theatre has seen better days.
Correct, which was what I said. Neon will, of course flash on and off if equipped with a switch, but the whole section would flash, not just part of it and if it did... it would mean it was broken.

Cesar R M

Don't be ridiculous! That's like putting a giant sorcerer's hat in front of the Chinese Theatre, and I'm sure they've never considered that. :angelic:
DIXt42l.gif

PeterMarcus

Correct, which was what I said. Neon will, of course flash on and off if equipped with a switch, but the whole section would flash, not just part of it and if it did... it would mean it was broken.

I don't remember the neon being out when I took the pic, I think I would have noticed, but I see what you're talking about. I took it with an iPhone, so I think it's just a camera artifact. Phone cameras can do some weird stuff with neon and fluorescents sometimes.

DisneyGentleman

I don't remember the neon being out when I took the pic, I think I would have noticed, but I see what you're talking about. I took it with an iPhone, so I think it's just a camera artifact. Phone cameras can do some weird stuff with neon and fluorescents sometimes.
That's because many of these light sources are actually flashing, and a fast camera will detect it.

RAXIP

I checked tonight and both neon signs on the Great Movie Ride are working perfectly.

RSoxNo1

I think Tower of Terror is the best choice. Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard are essentially a build up to that attraction. The attraction is the true "weenie" of the park. It's not centered, but is otherwise the building associated with it.

djkidkaz

I don't like the TOT for the icon because it's an attraction that's in almost every disney park ( WDW, DL, Tokyo, Paris ). I think they need to create a new icon for the park once all the changes are announced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom