Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

note2001

What is the condition of the dragon mural on the Theater? I know it's not as bad as the one on the real theater, but want to prepare myself if it's discolored from age before it's revealed again.

note2001

Here's another angle, courtesy of themetaphorgirl.

https://instagram.com/p/zce7gqyMfU/?modal=true

Seems the coating they put on the metal has fooled more folks than just me into thinking it was concrete. :) (For those not reading along, don't get confused: we established it is metal some time back... like, when they built it.)
Love how she thinks it looks like a giant "C".

JWG

You can tell what's likely going next as the scaffoling givest the ends away. Looks like the ring will take 3 more days to remove (midde section between support on the theater side, one side over main support, other side over main support. By the end of the week everything above the wall may be gone!

RayTheFirefly

You can tell what's likely going next as the scaffoling givest the ends away. Looks like the ring will take 3 more days to remove (midde section between support on the theater side, one side over main support, other side over main support. By the end of the week everything above the wall may be gone!
What I don't get is why they're only removing one section of the ring a night. How long do two big cuts take?

dstrawn9889

can you balance a lift? can you, just by looking at it, position the lift straps so that it does not twist pitch or slide out of them? are you the person that will insure that crane and Disney property so that they can just pick and fly? SAFETY is the reason they are not rushing, that and there is no hurry to complete the demo. they are on track. see below from permit:
DOC it 20140588232 B: 19836 P: 6793 Permit Number:
11/18/2014 11:37:05 Page 1 of 2

9. Expiration date of notice of commencement (the expiration date may not be before the completion of construction and final payment to the contractor,but will be 1 year from the date of recording unless a different date is specified)

RayTheFirefly

can you balance a lift? can you, just by looking at it, position the lift straps so that it does not twist pitch or slide out of them? are you the person that will insure that crane and Disney property so that they can just pick and fly? SAFETY is the reason they are not rushing, that and there is no hurry to complete the demo. they are on track. see below from permit:
DOC it 20140588232 B: 19836 P: 6793 Permit Number:
11/18/2014 11:37:05 Page 1 of 2

9. Expiration date of notice of commencement (the expiration date may not be before the completion of construction and final payment to the contractor,but will be 1 year from the date of recording unless a different date is specified)
I'm not saying I think they should rush and sacrifice safety. I'm just saying one more cut can't take THAT much more time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom