Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Finally, this thread can GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May it rest in peace. We will have to have a rip roaring Irish wake for it. ;)

LAKid53

Premium Member
It can't be long for LMA. It would be right in the middle of whatever gets put in that area (I'm expecting Pixar :))

Sounds like the only rides left will be Indiana Jones, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours and Toy Story. If I missed some, my apologies.

Talk about a MAJOR park reboot....

TyrantBoss

I remember going to MGM when it first opened and the Hat wasn't there. The visual down the street of the Chinese Theater looked so much better.
The hat was always awkward...like putting Liberace in the middle of the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra. It just seems out of place.
I for one will be very happy to see it go.

And a good point was made in an earlier post. They are most likely going to want it down and cleaned up before Star Wars Weekends in May. So very early 2015 should be the time of removal.

MarkTwain

That doesn't make a lot of sense (which given Disney these days should be a point in the credibility column). LPS is all about interacting with a physical environment as a digital environment can already create that variety of experience.

Staggs is in love with Kitchen Calamity; recently he's been pushing the ride concept on attractions for other parks over and over to WDI. This rumor wouldn't surprise me one bit.

flyerjab

Since there are now so many announcements of closures, as well as the demise of the BAH and the presence of Disney execs in the park, should we be expecting an announcement soon about the changes coming to DHS?

FettFan

From the rumor mill it appears so. From what I was told the ride itself would be almost a clone of Ratatouille. It would be to Ratatouille what Transformers is to Spider-man.

As long as it's multiple movies I'll be happy. No sense in the Chinese theater ONLY for GotG. Maybe make the last scene change each year to showcase what Disneu film is being released?

FoozieBear

Oh okay. Yeah, wouldn't be surprised to see that go too. I hope nothing else closes this year. DHS is a pretty boring place to visit with all these closures going on.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Personally, I love the Hat but after seeing the photos of Hollywood Blvd with the view of the theatre, I saw the light and agree it was misplaced. And the stage in front was the worst of the two. Hopefully Disney can find a more appropriate spot for it and replace those funky "ears".

FoozieBear

Crazy rumor time: A friend of mine who was a the parks recently asked a manager there about Star Wars and if it would affect Muppets, in which he replied "no, actually they're expanding Muppet-Vision".

Has anyone heard anything about this? It's seems unlikely at the moment, (more likely Disney will go after mega-blockbusters like Star Wars, Marvel, and Frozen first), but is there any chance of a expansion. I would not be surprised if a new update was coming to the MV3D film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom