Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Cesar R M

But if you remove the hat, the Chinese Theater becomes the icon, just as it used to be. Thematically it works far better... you're drawn into the world of old Hollywood, then into the most famous cinema of all time, and from there you'll enter into the world of movies, in the same way in Magic Kingdom you're going though small-town Edwardian America, but then there's a castle at the end that leads to a fantasy land of adventures.

The hat doesn't draw crowds in as a gateway to anything magical... it's just an ugly hat.
didnt they said they were gonna change the chinese teather design due of copyright issues?

also, wasnt the original park icon, the "Earful Tower" ?

G00fyDad

didnt they said they were gonna change the chinese teather design due of copyright issues?

ultimate_facepalm.jpg

Cesar R M

Why would there be copyright issues and Disney only place a hat in front of it? You can still walk around the hat and see the theater.

I guess the tower was more of the icon when the park opened but the theter still is the center icon on the park. When you walked through the streets of Hollywood you saw the theater.

I never said the Hat was the cause of the supposed change.
I remember reading, someone said that the permit for "using" the chinese theatre design changed.

Samuel_Johnson_by_Joshua_Reynolds.jpg

BrerJon

also, wasnt the original park icon, the "Earful Tower" ?

For a while it was suspected that copyright issues were in play, but this was later proved to not be the case.

I was responding to the OP who said that the hat couldn't move because the park's need an icon when you first enter the park to draw you in, so I was just explaining that without the hat the theater serves that purpose.

Cesar R M

For a while it was suspected that copyright issues were in play, but this was later proved to not be the case.

I was responding to the OP who said that the hat couldn't move because the park's need an icon when you first enter the park to draw you in, so I was just explaining that without the hat the theater serves that purpose.
gotcha!

Haymarket2008

In the past year I have noticed that on almost all of the "four park icon" merchandise (shirts, blankets, posters, etc.) the Earful Tower has been the icon for DHS. And no sign of the hat. That was a very surprising thing to see. I think we'll find out before the end of the year. I'm sure it's gone come spring. I hope!

Cmdr_Crimson

Tick. Tock.

on the clock
But the party don't stop no
Whoa-oh oh oh
Whoa-oh oh oh

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, Imma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
TiK ToK, on the clock
Whoa-oh oh oh
Whoa-oh oh oh

Sorry....Just breaking into song......No? That's what we weren't doing?....Uh.......Oh look My Monorail has arrived...Gotta go..
AnimatedMonorail.gif

aladdin2007

on the clock
Whoa-oh oh oh
Whoa-oh oh oh

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, Imma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
TiK ToK, on the clock
Whoa-oh oh oh
Whoa-oh oh oh

Sorry....Just breaking into song......No? That's what we weren't doing?....Uh.......Oh look My Monorail has arrived...Gotta go..
AnimatedMonorail.gif

LOL how did you do that with the monorail? I want one

SpaceMountain77

Like the vinyl leaves of Disneyland's Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse and Magic Kingdom's 25th anniversary cake, Disney will likely dismantle the hat and sell little pieces of it throughout the park. You can own a piece of the magic!

El Grupo

Like the vinyl leaves of Disneyland's Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse and Magic Kingdom's 25th anniversary cake, Disney will likely dismantle the hat and sell little pieces of it throughout the park. You can own a piece of the magic!

I think I would pre-order hundreds if it meant the hat would actually be removed. Heck, I'd probably kick in a nice contribution in exchange for a cheap, photocopied certificate that said I helped fund the relocation of the hat if that would work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom