Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
and that is not a 'backhoe' behind the walls it is an excavator

backhoe
JCB_3CX_Backhoe_loader.jpg

excavator
View attachment 85753

Is there a picture somewhere?

Mouse_Trap

OMG thanks for that! I love that you got zero people in it! :)

I do love the photo, but the absence of people does show up how awful all those trash cans look. Pretty sure I count 9.
Did they ever used to be better themed? Right now they look like the regular Disney trash can with Hollywood Boulevard sticker on the side.

Imagineerwannabe

I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I'm qualified to copy and paste from a legal website:
"The Architectural Works Copyright Protection Act (AWCPA) only protects 'architectural works' created on or after December 1, 1990, and some earlier designs so long as they were unconstructed and unpublished as of that date. In determining when a design was created remember that a drawing can be created gradually, as each part is committed to paper."

Having been a student of architecture this is the case that copyright of architectural works only extends as far as this. Any works Prior to this date would not have the same protection and this is also the information I refer others to who quote the same urban myth around the rights to use the Chinese theatre in promotional material.

SoupBone

they seem to be taking their time on destroying the concrete and leaving the planter area untouched, interesting!

Yeah that photo really brings up quite a few questions. I think the most obvious answer is that they'll use that area, even if temporarily, for some sort of planter area for shrubbery. Maybe some Fantasia topiary to pay homage to the ugly hat. :hilarious:

The Rocketeer

Yeah that photo really brings up quite a few questions. I think the most obvious answer is that they'll use that area, even if temporarily, for some sort of planter area for shrubbery. Maybe some Fantasia topiary to pay homage to the ugly hat. :hilarious:
I honestly wouldn't mind that.. Fantasia is a great film. If that happened I would hope they would change it out between films that were made in the late 30's/ early 40's. Or maybe they could move the director statue and dedication plaque to that place. We shall see what they do there soon enough.

Brian

I honestly wouldn't mind that.. Fantasia is a great film. If that happened I would hope they would change it out between films that were made in the late 30's/ early 40's. Or maybe they could move the director statue and dedication plaque to that place. We shall see what they do there soon enough.

I'd love if they spruced this up and moved it to that area.

Sorcerer+Mickey+Topiary.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom