Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

lazyboy97o

I have to agree, Stephen Rock, LONG LIVE THE HAT!! The theater is cool and all, but just not a DISNEY ICON! For example, when you think Cinderella Castle, you think Disney; When you think of a giant golf ball/geodesic sphere/globe, you think Disney; When you think of a giant carved tree, you think Disney. On the other hand (if no hat was present), when you think of the chinese theater, you think hollywood. What's wrong with this? The fact that when you see this icon, you DO NOT think Disney. That probably don't sit too well with anyone in TDO. Too much of a loss of individuality, and money. KEEP THE HAT! :D
You were supposed to think Hollywood. It's from a time when Disney was not so insecure and Disney fans were not obcessed with self references and full of fear of the unknown.

MerlinTheGoat

I would be equally happy with ToT as the park icon.
But the BAH? A thousand times NO!
I still just want the theater as the park icon as originally intended. But ToT would still be infinitely better than the hat. ToT is still a wonderful part of the park from a visual perspective (and as a ride experience, though it terrifies me to go on it).

Funny note- I keep accidentally adding an "e" to the end of "hat" whenever I type it in regards to this discussion lol! Think my subconscious is trying to tell me something? Nah, that's a fully conscious thought there regarding the hat(e)!

Maerj

Someone I met online who claims to be a neighbor of a neighbor of a WDW bus driver told me that they are building a large hat rack and the Sorcerer hat will be hung on that. That way people will be able to see the theater yet the hat will still be there for those who like it. It's just gotta be true!! ;)

BryceM

I have to agree, Stephen Rock, LONG LIVE THE HAT!! The theater is cool and all, but just not a DISNEY ICON! For example, when you think Cinderella Castle, you think Disney; When you think of a giant golf ball/geodesic sphere/globe, you think Disney; When you think of a giant carved tree, you think Disney. On the other hand (if no hat was present), when you think of the chinese theater, you think hollywood. What's wrong with this? The fact that when you see this icon, you DO NOT think Disney. That probably don't sit too well with anyone in TDO. Too much of a loss of individuality, and money. KEEP THE HAT! :D
Yeah, you're supposed to think Hollywood. The park is called "Disney's Hollywood Studios". Though I do see where you're coming from.

Tim_4

And if it was at the top of the hill where one enters the amphitheater then it would also be visible from World Showcase.
I'm not sure I see the relevance of that bit. Astro orbiter is visible from Adventureland. The Contemporary is visible from the Polynesian. Just about everything is visible from Everest.

Sped2424

And when I think Hollywood studios I see the Chinese theater and I think, Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom