Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

donsullivan

Premium Member
I'm not saying lessen the codes, I'm suggesting they lessen the impact of the temporary structure. :) If it's to be huge, these days they can use balloons, projections, or a combination of both. If it's made smaller, then all the better.

If it's going to be there for more than 6 months then it needs to meet all of the Epcot building codes no matter what size it is. Anything like that has to be able to withstand hurricanes, tornadoes, Florida Thunderstorms, etc.. In the case of BAH, it survived 3 hurricanes in 2004 alone. Temporary structures like the stage can't be there for more than 6 months continuously or they are no longer temporary and must meet the full code. That's why even though it seems the stage never goes away sometimes, it can't stay up for more than 6 months straight.

From what I've seen of this disassembly process they appear to be intending to keep all of the concrete platform and planters that surround it fully intact, at least initially, which required the more meticulous disassembly approach vs just ripping it down quickly.

Last edited:

jdmdisney99

Looks like they can finally start on the new project of constructing the world's largest teacup...
Sorcerer-Hat-Icon_Full_23291.jpg

Tea_Cup.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom