Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

NYwdwfan

I took this about 2 weeks ago.

024.JPG

The Rocketeer

I saw it on multiple shots in that update, so I think it's really that discolored.
View attachment 83684 View attachment 83685 View attachment 83686
The angle of the discoloration makes me think it has to do with a portion of the cupola being in constant shadow, while the sun bleached the rest? A BAH tanline, if you will.
I thought the same thing. The theater in general is looking pretty rough, now that we can see it.
The cupola in DHS is in better condition than the original's current condition.
image.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

note2001

Do we think Disney has learned their lesson about building huge 'temporary' structures that would take a tornado 5 times that of the one that transported Dorothy's house to Oz to pluck from place? It's almost as if someone were paid by the rivet when constructing it.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Do we think Disney has learned their lesson about building huge 'temporary' structures that would take a tornado 5 times the that of the one that transported Dorothy's house to Oz to pluck from place? It's almost as if someone were paid by the rivet when constructing it.
No, because the EPCOT Building Code is a huge benefit that Disney would be foolish to give up.

ABQ

A lot of places actually leave that to develop as the primary color.
411758-Large.jpg

It was stated when the Orlando City Hall was built that they were just going to let the green develop as its natural and normal color from before they built it.
Right, you don't clean or polish exterior copper and the green patina is sought after in most cases. Look at older roofs in many cities, such as the Eisenhower Executive Office Building in DC.
The question is, though, is the roof of the GMR entrance truly copper and aging properly or just very dirty?

note2001

No, because the EPCOT Building Code is a huge benefit that Disney would be foolish to give up.

I'm not saying lessen the codes, I'm suggesting they lessen the impact of the temporary structure. :) If it's to be huge, these days they can use balloons, projections, or a combination of both. If it's made smaller, then all the better.

lazyboy97o

I'm not saying lessen the codes, I'm suggesting they lessen the impact of the temporary structure. :) If it's to be huge, these days they can use balloons, projections, or a combination of both. If it's made smaller, then all the better.
The building code has its own definition of temporary. That is what dictates the heft of any structure, even if it is an inflatable.

dstrawn9889

Right, you don't clean or polish exterior copper and the green patina is sought after in most cases. Look at older roofs in many cities, such as the Eisenhower Executive Office Building in DC.
The question is, though, is the roof of the GMR entrance truly copper and aging properly or just very dirty?
it has to be real copper... the patina marks it as such. what WDI needs to do is go out and 'age' the rest of the copper to make it more uniform....

Make your copper green and blue with Miracle Gro. You can use concentrated Miracle Gro plant fertilizer to oxidize your copper quickly. Mix approximately one part Miracle Gro with three parts water for a bluer patina, or with red wine vinegar for a greener one.[9][10] Apply with a spray bottle or rag, doing so unevenly if you want to create a more natural, aged appearance. It should develop a patina within 30 minutes, and reach a more permanent state within 24 hours.

BoarderPhreak

LOL... Now they're just pulling out one bolt a day from what's left of the hat.

DEconstruction is stretching out for every day that goes by - so much so that the end date is now infinity.

It's like the Disney singularity. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom