Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

BrerJon

I too hate knowing that a higher resolution image exists behind these pixelated low res pieces of garbage that my sensitive eyeballs are exposed to on a daily basis here on the information superhighway. Here's what I do...

You don't need to go through any of that, I've seen enough TV to know that you just point to the section of the picture you're interested in and say 'enhance 200%!'.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Well thank goodness the ride is dedicated to the history of film, not which legal entity owns which rights. Although again, most of the film segments represent films owned by TCM.

And no, it would be like going to the Baseball Hall of Fame and seeing merchandise there from many different teams....

What if it were a "Baseball Hat Hall of Fame?" Did you consider that?

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I did not research every single film in the ride, but Sony bought MGM for about 5 billion 11 years ago didn't they? Time Warner didn't like the price so they passed on it and let the Japanese have it from what i've read. I'm not saying any of the movies are bad or aren't classics but Disney wanted to compete with Universal Studios and at the time didn't have much of a live action resume for exciting theme park attractions...which is most likely why up until Pixar moved in, Disney studios has the most non disney brands in it...which i'm not against. Just couldn't picture going to Yankee stadium and they have Red Sox memorabilia for sale

Through the years MGM has sold many lines of business and partnered with other studios to co-distribute major films. They currently are their own company after filing bankruptcy a few years back. Much of their classic library was sold in bankruptcy to other studios, mainly TimeWarner (who owns movies such as The Wizard of Oz).

Expo_Seeker40

Mornin' my little hush puppies. SURPRISE! Crew worked last night! More hand and brim removed.

image.jpg

lazyboy97o

Disney may have wanted to compete with Universal when they broke ground for MGM, but they were planning an Epcot pavilion all around classic film before. Michael Eisner and Marty Sklar decided that there was enough ideas there that they should build a theme park, but Eisner was probably thinking lets compete with the theme park that's there to compete with WDW. I get what you're saying. Who cares who owns MGM now, Turner/Warner Bros/TCM owns the rights to the important MGM movies ;)
Eisner knew there was enough content for a whole park because he saw the plans for Universal Studios Florida when he was at Paramount, who Universal courted as a partner. Eisner took not only the idea of having a park, but also getting a production partner to help better establish Florida as a place to film.

BrerJon

We have this really cool time machine. In fact you are sitting in it right now!
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...orcerer-mickey-hat-icon-construction/3415.htm

Previous discussions were about the skin - not the absence of a superstructure or not.

I didn't realise it was so visibly permanent at the time of building. I really can't fathom how the people back then didn't go ballistic over it, did people really think that it improved the theming? What on earth was going through people's minds that no-one thought to complain?

G00fyDad

I didn't realise it was so visibly permanent at the time of building. I really can't fathom how the people back then didn't go ballistic over it, did people really think that it improved the theming? What on earth was going through people's minds that no-one thought to complain?

People complained. However, there were no social media sites back then and the goofballs at Disney did not hear any loud vocal complaining until recently. The only complaints they may have heard would have been from word of mouth.

Rob562

Because a number of slightly-naive fans (like myself) actually believed them that it would be a temporary structure for the 100 Years of Magic celebration, but knew that the darn thing had to withstand hurricane-force winds if needed, thus the mega steel structure.

-Rob

Goofyernmost

Seabasealpha1

We have this really cool time machine. In fact you are sitting in it right now!
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...orcerer-mickey-hat-icon-construction/3415.htm

Previous discussions were about the skin - not the absence of a superstructure or not.
Check out how much better the paint on the theatre looked...I'm sure not as good as it did when it opened, but you can see some serious fading in recent photos...sad...

And those spires!

Hoping the make a solid and long-overdue come-back! Looking at the original theatre in CA, it's like...wierd having them gone...it doesn't look complete...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom