Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just a note on the thread title. Thread titles are not changed over time based on the outcome of what happens during the lifetime of the thread. There is one thread that deals with the hat, everyone can open it and see its content, and if you read it from page 1 onwards, its name makes sense. I don't see the big deal. Anyway, on with relevant discussion.

cosmicray

Big progress today! Just saw a pic on Instagram! Photo credit to openlockets
10953740_1548085278775316_313113429_n.jpg

drew81

Just a note on the thread title. Thread titles are not changed over time based on the outcome of what happens during the lifetime of the thread. There is one thread that deals with the hat, everyone can open it and see its content, and if you read it from page 1 onwards, its name makes sense. I don't see the big deal. Anyway, on with relevant discussion.

Like how it will be gone within a week or two?

erasure fan1

The Wand that dwarfed SSE was much worse—it defaced one of the most recognized icons on earth.
I agree, the wand was terrible. The hat hurt the view of the attraction but with the wand you you hurt the attraction itself. I could still get a good view and pic of the theater and avoid the hat. But not so much with that dang wand. Don't get me wrong though, I'm very happy the hat is going.

dgp602

It's actually kind of fun going back to 2009 and seeing the rumors and theories, and then seeing what actually played out...!

dgp602

0yJYn1h.jpg

Holy "Escape from Tomorrow", Batman!

There are permanent platforms and what looks like a fan inside the thing. No wonder there was ventilation.

Wonder what nefarious business was being covered up by the hat? This was more than merely a pin shop. The plot thickens...
You know what's funny? We are all mesmerized by what extensive framework existed inside this hat. Last week, the inside of the fingers revealed air ducts and extensive drainage systems. Did we not notice this when they were building it?

note2001

As ones who really liked the hat, goodbye our friend. Lets see what awaits us for a new icon. I wonder if we can buy a piece of the hat, a moon would make a great yard piece.
It's no secret I thought the hat looked a whole lot better than the theater. But i'm resigned to knowing the theater will be the view from now on, no 'icon' will be built in it's place, and I'm fine with that. It will be nice to have that area back... or, let's hope Disney restores that area. It used to have very pretty gardens.

Fordlover

We need to start brainstorming now, a proper name for THE day when the final piece is removed. It will be forever more a holiday for us; a day of celebration to always remember. Years from now our children's children will bump this thread back up in tribute of us noble few who witnessed it happen.

Mark my words...we are pioneers.

The Hatppening? (al la Snappening?)

I know, pathetic, but it's all I got.

SDisney90

I will admit I am sad and happy about this. I've never seen DHS without the hat. I was 18 on my first trip 5 years later and I've been 4 times and have no intentions on stopping. For myself, its just bitter sweet. Cannot wait to walk down and see the theater; the way it was 'meant to be'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom