Is the buy 4 get 3 free really worth it?

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
My wife and I are seriously thinking of booking the first week of may. But im not quite sure it is a good as it is. We would get the meal plan. What do you guys think is it really a good deal? Thanks

Mystic

My wife and I are seriously thinking of booking the first week of may. But im not quite sure it is a good as it is. We would get the meal plan. What do you guys think is it really a good deal? Thanks

If we hadn't already booked for the first week in June with a pin code, we would be seriously considering this deal. Might want to confirm with Disney if you are able to add the dining plan to the deal, it may or may not be possible depending on the package.

kasey1988

i think its a good deal, we are paying about 1100 canadian per person (without airfare), for 7 days at a moderate with parkhopper+water and the dining plan..

krankenstein

It is not for me. I ran the numbers several times and it never came out to benefit me. Actually it would've cost $100 to add the 3 free days that I don't really need. Now, keep in mind that I am a solo traveler and an AP holder. It might be different for someone else with a larger group or if you make fewer visits during the year.

epcotWSC

I think it's a great deal especially with the $200 gift card through march.

3 days free hotel = great
if you aren't an AP holder, 3 extra days on your pass is also great. Although if you're going for 7 days, I doubt you will be going to the parks all 7 days (maybe you will though, who knows) plus no park hopper as a base kinda stinks. You'll have to make a decision whether you want to get the no expiration.

I get a discount through my company for tickets, so I'd rather do that. $261.65 for 7 days & park hopper for me.

GrumpysWife

I think it is a pretty good deal - just couldn't convince hubby to go again (we've gone three times within a year). If you have any questions, or would like more information, please feel free to send me a PM or call. :)

Computer Magic

It depends. We are booked for Sept with free dining and then compared to May. May resort prices are higher as Sept is considered a value time. So it would have cost us more.

If you go doing a value time then the savings is great.

RiversideBunny

The deal gets better as the resort type goes up.
Moderate is a better deal than Value, in terms of total savings.
Deluxe is better than Moderate.

So- spend more to save more.

:animwink:

plum pirate

Compared to normal May rates, I think it's a great deal. We went last June for 8 nights and 9 days at Pop Century with park hopper for a package costing a little over $2100 - not a great deal at all. For June 2009 we booked a package for 7 nights and 8 days for around $2650, a little more than a $500 increase to go from a value to a very nice deluxe, but we did forego the park hopper. We were tempted to book at the Port Orleans Riverside which so far has been our favorite resort for a cost of less than $1800, but decided that the buy 4-get 3 was the best way to try out a deluxe resort.

As an aside, I know you didn't ask about this, but we have had the free meal plan twice and last year paid for all our meals as we went. Even with a lot of table service meals (Ohana twice, Le Cellier, Sci Fi, Crystal Palace), it still cost us less than the meal plan, and we didn't feel pressure to eat as much food. We were also able to eat at the Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood, which I don't believe are part of the DP. For future trips, unless the dining plan is free, we will pay out of pocket.

Rob562

Think of it this way: If you stay 7 nights (and you normally would have gone for 7 nights because staying longer simply because it's free defeats the basis of the calculations), you're getting a 43% (3/7) discount on your hotel room. And that's for ALL hotel types, not just certain ones. (Because Disney likes to run different discount amounts for different level hotels)

I don't think I have ever seen room discounts at that big of a discount.

I've had to weigh my options between the "Buy 4 Get 3" deal and a PIN code e-mail offer I got for Free Dining. After calculating it all out, the Free Dining was only worth it at the Value resort level. At a Value, getting Free Dining over "B4G3" was only about $200 difference, which is probably less than I'd budget for my food costs for the week anyway...

Above the Values, it would be cheaper to get the Buy 4 Get 3 deal and pay for the meal plan (which would be about $70 cheaper per person). Though at that point I'd have to weigh things and determine whether to pay all food Out-of-Pocket, get the Quick Service plan or get the regular Dining Plan... They're all within $70 of each other.

The only drawback for me is that I'm an AP holder, and these are all packages. I'll have to get the 1-day base ticket to get any of the deals.

-Rob

We are going during the first week of April, which is supposed to be blacked out. When I go through there website, for the exact same accommodations, it is $200 cheaper, for two more days. It makes no sense at all, but I am canceling my old reservation, and booking a new one.

ryguy

If you go with a deluxe its a no brainer, but you have to take the 3 free days. For example, my mom is staying at the Poly in Feb. and his paying $331.00 a day for a room, meal plan, and a Seven day no expiration parker hopper. She saved $1200.00 just for the room. Plus she gets a $200 gift card. How is that a bad deal?? Best one of have seen in a real long time. So if you can afford do it, pull the trigger. Of course if 2009 pans out like everyone is thinking maybe the deals will get even sweeter. I am hoping Santa brings a 50% off room only discount code!!:xmas:

DISMOM

We have been going in May since 2004 and THIS IS THE BEST DEAL YET. In 2004, the kids were free and we got a $200 prince/princess gift card. In 2006 and 2008, it was a free ticket upgrade to park hopper and more with the purchase of a base ticket package. Yes, this is a good deal. We've been quoted at $1770 for seven nites with 2 adults and 2 juniors at the French Quarter. This includes base tickets and no meal plan. For park hopper tickets, it's $1983.
This is the best deal that we've had since 2004. And I'm insanely jelous that i can't take advantage of it, can you tell????

gators38

I've been reading everyones comments and the ones that say its not a good deal are funny. The comments about going in Sept. and than looking at May, How can you even compare. Both months are priced different so thats why May is higher. My family and I are going in Jan. for 7 nights and 8 days, after running numbers we are going to save $500 dollars plus at check in we get a $200 gift card.
So my opinion is yes it is a good deal!!

CleveRocks

It's been an INCREDIBLE deal for me!!!

We've never stayed at a Deluxe before, and really wanted to be on the monorail, but couldn't commit all that money towards it. So we reserved 4 nights at Coronado Springs (a Moderate) and 3 nights in COntemporary in a theme park view room. These were both room-only reservations and I got the AAA discount on both. I planned to buy 8-day park hoppers from one of the authorized wholesalers; we are 2 adults and 2 kids.

Then the 4/3 promo came out ...

I was able to book all 7 nights at Polynesian in a theme park view room, for the same price (the same price, if you include the value of the $200 gift card we will receive at check-in, and then spend on normal expenses like food, etc.).

So ... we got all 7 nights in a Deluxe in a theme park view room instead of 4 nights at a Moderate and only 3 nights in a Deluxe in a theme park view room.

So for me, it was an incredibly good deal.

In addition, I was playing around on the official Disney website and plugged my new reservations in, using the normal prices (without the 4/3 promo). My 7 nights in that room + tickets is $2,200 cheaper with the salw than without it.

Computer Magic

I've been reading everyones comments and the ones that say its not a good deal are funny. The comments about going in Sept. and than looking at May, How can you even compare. Both months are priced different so thats why May is higher. My family and I are going in Jan. for 7 nights and 8 days, after running numbers we are going to save $500 dollars plus at check in we get a $200 gift card.
So my opinion is yes it is a good deal!!
I think you are refering to my comment....That is what I stated. Look at 2009 as a whole. If you had the choice of going anytime in 2009, what price is best? Why wouldn't you crunch the numbers for the best price point. In fact, The room only is cheaper in May with the 3 free days. It's the free dining that makes the Sept a better deal:

AKL Room only in May: $290 * 4 = $1,160
AKL Room only in Sept: $240 * 7 = $1,680

So your statment is unneccessary and misleading. If you can't get the free dining in Sept, May is better because of the 3 day discount. Every situation is different. In fact, I'm saving $3500 by not going in May :wave:

stitchsMom

It is not for me. I ran the numbers several times and it never came out to benefit me. Actually it would've cost $100 to add the 3 free days that I don't really need. Now, keep in mind that I am a solo traveler and an AP holder. It might be different for someone else with a larger group or if you make fewer visits during the year.

We found this to be the case for us as well - My son and I have AP but no one else does. So, we thought that this would be a great deal, not realizing that everyone (including my son and I) would have to get the tickets through the package. We had already booked our rooms through Disney Travel (with AAA discount), so when I saw the deal I called them back up. The poor guy who was helping me was just besides himself because there was no way he could beat the pricing we have, because we have the AP's. This is a great deal if you need a package that includes everyone you are traveling with - but for our situation it would have cost us $400 more than what we are currently paying...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom