Is The 2020's Disneyland Resort's Lost Decade???

Consumer

Does that mean the Avengers E ticket at DCA is now 2028 or could they still make 2027 If they break ground on it next year? As for some of those blue sky concepts like that Villains or Encanto land are probably 2029-2030 at this point if they come to be.
Villains and Encanto lane will be added to the Magic Kingdom on the 31 of February.

TP2000

Original Poster
Bumping this Autumn, 2023 thread now that it's Winter, 2024 because I don't know where else to put this...

So the Hyperion Theater is still closed up tight? No rumors about a new show in there?

Will we have to wait until August for D23 Fan Expo The Ultimate Katella Commute Experience for an announcement of a show that will open there in 2025? Will that show then be hyped as the "Big New Thing!" coming to Disneyland Resort in 2025 after Tiana Mountain opens in 2024? That seems... weak.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Bumping this Autumn, 2023 thread now that it's Winter, 2024 because I don't know where else to put this...

So the Hyperion Theater is still closed up tight? No rumors about a new show in there?

Will we have to wait until August for D23 Fan Expo The Ultimate Katella Commute Experience for an announcement of a show that will open there in 2025? Will that show then be hyped as the "Big New Thing!" coming to Disneyland Resort in 2025 after Tiana Mountain opens in 2024? That seems... weak.
Disneyland Forward will likely be approved by the time D23 rolls around. Maybe we will get further info on the Avatar experience for DLR because of that. And if we're lucky the Avengers E ticket will get a mention. At this point Disney needs to purge the park leadership team with people who actually want to invest in new attractions.

BasiltheBatLord

I think a better question: what's left at Disneyland Park?

The only new projects are TBA this year and Walt Disney: A Magical Life in 2025.

Wonder if we may see no new investments at DL for a while as the focus shifts to Forward (not a bad thing given the company's current track record).

Loose Pebble

I think a better question: what's left at Disneyland Park?

The only new projects are TBA this year and Walt Disney: A Magical Life in 2025.

Wonder if we may see no new investments at DL for a while as the focus shifts to Forward (not a bad thing given the company's current track record).
Hopefully we have a good 75th anniversary investment in the main resort for 2030; if we're lucky we'll hear more about that in 2026.

britain

Hopefully we have a good 75th anniversary investment in the main resort for 2030; if we're lucky we'll hear more about that in 2026.

I think they want to continue the good relations they’ve worked to build with Anaheim. Things like “Downtown Disney Redevelopment” “Giant New Parking Structure,” “New Transportation Systems” “Walking Bridges,” “Reclaimed Streets” etc, all that will have its day in the sun (probably within a year), but at a press conference with Anaheim city officials by their side.

DL Forward is important, but it’s also kinda dry. It, weirdly, is the key to the most amazing and ambitious expansions at DL, but it would fall flat at the Honda Center.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Yeah, on this scale, getting nothing is better than getting something terrible added.

What a sad sentiment (I agree with it, to be sure). After Tiana's "They Can Play" Adventure, Country Bear Humorless Musical Jamboree, the brilliant decision to pave MK's Rivers of America in favor of anthropomorphic race cars, and the likely demolition of Muppet Vision, maybe it's best if WDI stays away from Disneyland for a while. The 2020s could be DLR's "lost decade," but it's shaping up to be the decade WDW was obliterated.

Miru

What a sad sentiment (I agree with it, to be sure). After Tiana's "They Can Play" Adventure, Country Bear Humorless Musical Jamboree, the brilliant decision to pave MK's Rivers of America in favor of anthropomorphic race cars, and the likely demolition of Muppet Vision, maybe it's best if WDI stays away from Disneyland for a while. The 2020s could be DLR's "lost decade," but it's shaping up to be the decade WDW was obliterated.
It’s a wee bit too late for that: WEB SLINGERS (indeed a good chunk of Avenger’s Campus) is worse than anything you listed that has already materialized, but to be fair it’s only one attraction… but some of the above have parallels at ODL too… and Chase-a-Baby doesn’t count because the predecessor was already junk.

Last edited:

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

It’s a wee bit too late for that: WEB SLINGERS (indeed a good chunk of Avenger’s Campus) is worse than anything you listed that has already materialized, but to be fair it’s only one attraction… but some of the above have parallels at ODL too… and Chase-a-Baby doesn’t count because the predecessor was already junk.

Avengers Campus is (IMO) very poor; aesthetically unpleasant and lacking satisfying attractions. But it replaced a land I found ultimately forgettable and inessential, albeit somewhat charming, so it’s far less upsetting to me than the loss of the ROA, Splash, or CBJ.

I feel similarly about Pixar Pier. Jack-Jack-on-a-stick is the most embarrassing thing at the resort, but I never really cared for the pier in the first place, so it doesn’t register with me as a great loss.

We’re lucky we’ve been spared much of the damage WDW has experienced.

Miru

Avengers Campus is (IMO) very poor; aesthetically unpleasant and lacking satisfying attractions. But it replaced a land I found ultimately forgettable and inessential, albeit somewhat charming, so it’s far less upsetting to me than the loss of the ROA, Splash, or CBJ.

I feel similarly about Pixar Pier. Jack-Jack-on-a-stick is the most embarrassing thing at the resort, but I never really cared for the pier in the first place, so it doesn’t register with me as a great loss.

We’re lucky we’ve been spared much of the damage WDW has experienced.
But with how bad WEB SLINGERS was, it would be a travesty even if it replaced anything short of Superstar Limo. And yeah, Chase-a-Baby is about equal to CS actually, they’re equally bad but for different reasons; CS is forgettable and the new one is obnoxious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom