Is Spiderman better than Mission Space?

I initially thought that these two rides could not be directly compared, but now that I have thought on it, I believe that Spiderman is a better attraction. The que of Spiderman makes me feel as though I'm actually there, which gives me butterflies in my stomach. I had the same feeling on M:S, however that was more from the fear that had been building that it would upset my stomach. :hurl: (Fortunately, it didn't :) )

My vote is for Spiderman, the theme is carried through the entire que, into the loading area, and even in the after ride.

Just my humble opinion. :)

Brooke

They are two completely different rides but Spider-Man is about a billion times better than Mission:Space. Maybe I had my hopes up too high, but I was not that impressed with Mission:Space at all whereas after riding Spider-Man hundreds of times I still think that it is the most amazing ride on earth.

WDWScottieBoy

I've never been to IOA only because I won't leave Disney property for something that is second best when I can have THE best where I'm at. M:S is the greatest thing I have ever been on, I've always asked myself what it was like going into space, and if NASA approved this ride and said its the cloest thing to going into space ever, than it's got my vote for topping everything. One more thing, I haven't seen any publicity for that other ride, but Mission:Space had A LOT of publicity. If a park is going to make "the best ride that M:S can't beat," then why didn't they publicize it anywhere? I'm sorry but M:S will always be better to me and I won't even think about leaving WDW to try the other.

Wilt Dasney

WDWScottieBoy said:
I'm sorry but M:S will always be better to me and I won't even think about leaving WDW to try the other.

I respect your feelings, but, seriously....saying M:S will always be better to you when you admit you'll never even experience the other? That's like someone who's only eaten chocolate ice cream their whole life saying it will always be better than strawberry to them. OF COURSE it will always be better, because they have nothing to compare it to.

Again, no disrespect intended, and I'm glad you enjoy Disney so much, but you're really not in the position to do anything beyond speculate as long as you refuse to go to Universal.

barnum42

Brian_B said:
Man, I really think eating sushi is wayy better than riding an elephant.
I could not have put it better.

Rather than say one is better than the other I will say that i prefer Mission:Space, as the topic of the ride has more interest to me. As a kid I played at walking on the moon a lot more than I did webslinging. :D

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
what?

WDWScottieBoy said:
One more thing, I haven't seen any publicity for that other ride, but Mission:Space had A LOT of publicity. If a park is going to make "the best ride that M:S can't beat," then why didn't they publicize it anywhere?

Hello? Spiderman has only been considered (by many independent television channels) as the #1 Amusement park attraction ever created.

I love MS, but to be honest, I think I had my hopes up too much when I went on it. I was sort of in overdrive to a point where I was a little let down.

WDWScottieBoy

civileng68 said:
Hello? Spiderman has only been considered (by many independent television channels) as the #1 Amusement park attraction ever created.

Guess I never saw that TV show.

Wilt Dasney said:
I respect your feelings, but, seriously....saying M:S will always be better to you when you admit you'll never even experience the other? That's like someone who's only eaten chocolate ice cream their whole life saying it will always be better than strawberry to them. OF COURSE it will always be better, because they have nothing to compare it to.

Again, no disrespect intended, and I'm glad you enjoy Disney so much, but you're really not in the position to do anything beyond speculate as long as you refuse to go to Universal.

I guess I can't compare. I have been to Six Flags Great America and St. Louis and I still can't find anything in comparison to any WDW ride. I just don't get a thrill anywhere else but at WDW. I will keep to my speculations from now and just say that I love M:S and can't compare it to anything I HAVE been on rather than something I haven't nor never will. Sorry again if I caused any harm to anyone!

Mattimus

civileng68 said:
Wow! The "Wow, that was amazing" is EXACTLY what I feel when I come off of Spiderman.
Different strokes for different folks. :animwink:

Don't get me wrong, Spiderman is one of my favorite rides but as far as the experience goes, Mission Space just stuck with me the rest of the day. It was unlike anything I've ever experienced on a simulator at a theme park. I guess maybe I've been on Spiderman so many times that it's a bit too familiar to me now.

Legacy

WDWScottieBoy said:
I guess I can't compare. I have been to Six Flags Great America and St. Louis and I still can't find anything in comparison to any WDW ride. I just don't get a thrill anywhere else but at WDW. I will keep to my speculations from now and just say that I love M:S and can't compare it to anything I HAVE been on rather than something I haven't nor never will. Sorry again if I caused any harm to anyone!
Someone else comparing Universal to Six Flags...

Look, it's a simple as this. I have never seen Saving Private Ryan, and have no desire to. However, by word of many mouths I have heard that it is an amazing movie. Because of how many people have said it was a good movie, and how very few (almost no one) didn't like it, I am inclined to believe it's a good movie. I don't like war movies (hits too close to home for me), but I still believe it's a good flick.

You don't like Universal. That's fine. One less person for me to wait behind. But at least give credit where credit is due. Universal Creative made a ride that has thrilled, entertained, and captured the hearts of more people than ever anticipated. At least give it the benefit of the doubt.

imagineer99

I'm not dissing Universal. As much as I love Disney, I give Universal major props. for what they offer--both great attractions and theming.

That said, I went to Universal three years ago and I don't plan on ever going back. Just my opinion. As the old adage says, different strokes for different folks. Frankly, I just don't have enough time to waste there during my short WDW trips.

I was never impressed with Spiderman. Maybe it was all the hype...but the ride was just (for lack of a better word) dull.

The 3-D was completely blurry. The plot was incomprehensible and it wasn't all that thrilling. (These are strictly my opinions. They will not be swayed, so please do not attempt to do so):)

Tower of Terror will always (to me) be the pinnacle of a Thrill Ride. That baby gives me goosbumps...:D

If given the choice between spidey and M:S, I would choose M:S in a heartbeat.

Legacy

My opinion of Mission: Space is a Gravitron with a movie. And considering Disney didn't develope the ride system, I just don't think it an amazing addition to WDW. Probably the most incredible aspect of it is multi-plane LCD moniters. THOSE I want to take home. The rest of the ride though is so not what I was expecting. The lift-off is great, and then what?

At least with Spider-man I am smiling the whole time, loving every minute I am on it. I want to see them update the film with movie versions, instead of the cartoon), and I think that is the only thing that could make the ride better. Besides that, it's the best thing since Pirates.

Miss Bell

I think both are pretty amazing rides, but even though they are both simulator-type rides I wouldn't have thought to compare them, as they are such different types of experiences. I will say that Spiderman was one of the coolest rides I have ever ridden, and that I was amazed by the way the whole thing was put together. But...there is also something truly inspiring about feeling like you are actually traveling in space.

Ooh, as much as it hurts my inner well-being to say this, if I had to choose, I'd say Spidey is a better ride than Mission Space. :brick:

Personally, my vote is gonna have to go to Spiderman. To me, it is one of the best, if not THE best, theme park attraction ever built. Every time I ride it I smile the whole way through.

Not that I prefer Universal Orlando over WDW, it's just that Spiderman happens to be amazing. But, I most definitely prefer Disney overall.

ILOVEDISNEY

Merlin said:
Darn it, I wasn't quick enough! When I saw this thread, I was going to warn you to prepare that at least ONE person will give you the ol' "You can't compare the two!" excuse. I love your response though, because it's so true.

To answer the original question...Spider-Man is SUBSTANTIALLY superior to Mission:Space, both in show quality and in technology. As has already been stated, the queue for Spider-Man is awesome. The one for Mission:Space is a major letdown. I personally think Spider-Man is the best theme park attraction ever. The only Disney attraction to even come close, in my opinion, is Tower of Terror.

Well said. May I add that Dinosaur, or whatever it is called now, could have been equal to or better than SM if, and that's a big if, Disney would have spent a few more millions on the ride to include virtual reality technology and or advanced AA like that cool dinosaur at Universal they brought pack to life. There is still hope.

The_CEO

civileng68 said:
Ok, put aside all bias here. We all love Disney here. Keep to the topic and debate.

In my personal opinion I love both rides incredibly, however, I still feel that Spiderman at IOA is better than Mission Space, any comments?

100% better.

KevinPage

Spiderman defintely has a greater "WOW" factor than Mission Space does. But my number 1 rule of thumb is: what park is the ride located in? An attraction is only as good as the park and setting it is in. I enjoyed IOA initially but totally bored to tears with it now, unlike Disney which I go to all the time.

Spiderman is like an album that you LOVE the first time you hear it, but it fades from your mind over time and loses some of its luster. *(candy - good at first, sick of it after awhile)

Mission Space seems to be a more slow and steady that doesn't club you over the head, but you appreciate it more as time goes on, kinda like fine wine. (the more you eat the more you like)

Spiderman definitely is a more "fun" ride if you are only going to go on 1 attraction for the 1st time.

So I think the question should have been "Which ride do you like better" not "which ride is better".

I myself do not have a "favorite" attraction, park, album, color, etc. It depends on my mood, what I'm into at that given minute and what I want to listen to, view or experience. :)

flyersmv

SPIDERMAN is the best themed attraction EVER.....theres nothing that can even be mentioned in the same sentence with it...........M:S is infact an unbelieveable expierence but SPIDERMAN is the best overall ride there is......that ride combines 3d affects, real life affects and sum special affects that make for an unbelievable ride..........when the one villan shoots the fire and it comes out with real fire through the wall was just awsome.......

PS- dont give excuses that Disney is better so MS is better and that spiderman isnt good after the riding it and MS isnt b/c if u rode them 200 times each you know that you would be bored with them both...so stop beating around the bush and answer the question

and y does every1 hate MS que? IMO it was very good and was VERY well done

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom