Is spaceship earth closing?

j cav

Original Poster
I have heard that they are about to close spaceship earth in Epcot and put a new ride in the ball or knock it down completley!
Is this true?
Thanks,

imagineer99

Originally posted by j cav
I have heard that they are about to close spaceship earth in Epcot and put a new ride in the ball or knock it down completley!
Is this true?
Thanks,

Considering...EPCOT's symbol is Spaceship Earth, they aren't going to knock it down.

The post show will be changed.

Also, I would love to see the ride system be updated. But I doubt anything too drastic is going to happen to harm the ride's overall message and feel.

Chape19714

I highly doubt that Spaceship Earth will be knocked down, it is the icon. The ride inside may be changed, but this is not offical. The post-show will probally be changed, beacause last time i was there, a wall covered the whole area, 2 wood hallways led to the exits on both sides. I highly doubt that they will demolish the globe, but maybe the ride inside in the next 10 years. I personally hope nothing changes.:D

barnum42

Originally posted by j cav
Is this true?
Thanks,
There have been a number of threads rife with rumours about this. Do a search for “Time Racers”. The worry was that they were going to turn it into a roller coaster. However it seems “Time Racers” will be the new post show exhibit.

pilka214

i did hear bout the roller coaster going in but then the ball whould become unstable and possibly collapse so no roller coaster going in the ball. but i think some updates on the rides whould be great

DarkMeasures

I heard that it was originally going to be planned to replace the omnimover track with a ride system like Spiderman's and have 3D screens for the exhibits... and stuff....

But it got killed... and now it will be a cheap simulator ride in the post show like the attraction used to have.

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
I heard that it was originally going to be planned to replace the omnimover track with a ride system like Spiderman's and have 3D screens for the exhibits... and stuff....

But it got killed... and now it will be a cheap simulator ride in the post show like the attraction used to have.

When did SSE post show ever have a simulator? I remeber them having different interactive exhibits, but nothing like that. And this is the first I have ever heard of a spiderman type ride system going in the sphere. Where is it you get your information from anyway?

hypercatmatt

Thank the Lord that they will finally get rid of that annoying lady who talks about Global Neighborhood at the end of the ride.

Theres also the annnoying lady who says " Attention travellers. Your vehicle will be rotating backwards for you return to Earth" That es me off every time. She repeats it over and over again!!! It should be destroyed!!:fork: :hurl: :brick: :hammer:[

Actually she still talks about the Global Neighborhood, as loudly as ever. It just isnt there. That was as of two weeks ago anyway.

The only thing I have ever heard about the ride changing is that it would get a system like Journey Into Imagination, coaster tech, dark ride use. Much easier and affordable to operate and maintain than omnimovers.

Kwit35

NOOOOOO!?!

They had better not change SE. Why do they always have to mess with the classics! They have already taken away my WOM, Horizons, and JII, leave me at least ONE of the classics.
And, this post show everyone is talking about, is it supposed to be one of those hydraulic dohickies? They already have too many of those.
Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now.

General Grizz

Re: NOOOOOO!?!

Originally posted by Kwit35
They had better not change SE. Why do they always have to mess with the classics! They have already taken away my WOM, Horizons, and JII, leave me at least ONE of the classics.
And, this post show everyone is talking about, is it supposed to be one of those hydraulic dohickies? They already have too many of those.
Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now.

I think we're safe to say that the SE is safe!! :D

DarkMeasures

The Simulators SE used to have only rotated left and right... it was very dumb....

I know they were there in 1995 but I am not sure about any other time.

the-reason

Question

Is this Time Racer thing supposed to be somthing worth tearing the Global Neighborhood down. Or is it really goin to be a cheap simulater about traveling time. I think I read somewhere before that it was gonna be a simulator. If it is, it had better be something cool. Or atleast be a post show worth spending a few minutes to explore.

cloudboy

Like the Global Neighborhood was anything worth keeping? Other than the cool glass floor the technology in there was pretty bad. They just didn't seem to be able to keep it interesting.

All4Gemini

Originally posted by cloudboy
Like the Global Neighborhood was anything worth keeping? Other than the cool glass floor the technology in there was pretty bad. They just didn't seem to be able to keep it interesting.

Plus you got that annoying voice at the end of the ride which has already been pointed out in this thread...

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by Michael72688
Good the ride stays, that means we all have a place to sleep when at Epcot!

Sorry to hear the ride bores you. I myself do not find it boring and I am sure many are in agreement with me. Then again, that history is interesting to me, particularly the Renaissance, Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome. And SE presents that history with the link to communication so beautifully. Oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom