Is Ryan Gosling one of us?

Riverrafter21

ryan gosling oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

He was talking about the Haunted Mansion in that "other" park, but good for him.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Not a fan of NBC, plus HM was closed when I was in DL in 2016 so they could put the NBC overlay in. Fully in agreement with Mr. Gosling here. My wife did ride HM at DL with the overlay, said "it was stupid". So, so happy they don't ruin it at MK with the overlay.

Marc Davis Fan

My wife did ride HM at DL with the overlay, said "it was stupid".

That's the best way to describe it, IMHO.

HM is one of Disney's masterpieces (and the work of 1st generation, Walt-era Imagineers, I might add).

HMH is the practice of strewing a whole bunch of cheap-looking props on top of it.

If I had to guess, most of the people who like HMH have done the regular HM a million times and are regulars who can easily return once the attraction is back to normal. (I'm sure there are a few exceptions, so no need to point that out!) If you try to look at HMH objectively, or as a first-time rider, it's just miles below HM.

IMHO, it's a shame to lose HM in favor of that for such a substantial period of every year. I hope the HMH overlay "tradition" at DL ends soon, and certainly that it never comes to WDW!

doctornick

If I had to guess, most of the people who like HMH have done the regular HM a million times and are regulars who can easily return once the attraction is back to normal. (I'm sure there are a few exceptions, so no need to point that out!) If you try to look at HMH objectively, or as a first-time rider, it's just miles below HM.

That's my guess as well. I suppose it is fine at DL where a lot of their guests are locals/APs/regulars and they are more open to seasonal changes like that. But I don't think it is a good idea for WDW which runs heavier with infrequent/once in a lifetime type guests.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

That's the best way to describe it, IMHO.

HM is one of Disney's masterpieces (and the work of 1st generation, Walt-era Imagineers, I might add).

HMH is the practice of strewing a whole bunch of cheap-looking props on top of it.

IMHO, it's a shame to lose HM in favor of that for such a substantial period of every year. I hope the HMH overlay "tradition" at DL ends soon, and certainly that it never comes to WDW!
Now I want to kiss you too

tirian

A former employee of TWDC, and has strong opinions about the legacy Disney attractions.

Most long-term Disney fans are “one of us,” especially if they love the classics and now have careers in the entertainment and creative industries.

If you fell in love with Walt’s own masterpieces or the Disney Channel’s Vault Disney, the Corporate Conglomerate IP Holdings Co. can be disheartening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom