Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

Myth Maker

Vekoma - the manufacture of this roller coaster has nice new vest restraints that are much better than the older over the shoulder restraints. They still drop down the same but they are made from a software rubber and hug your chest instead of boxing in your head. Makes head banging a thing of the past.

If there was any update to this ride, that would be the one I would vote for.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Still love RnRC, so of course I don't want it to change. :p I understand that, eventually, it will need to be updated. But, I also know there's no way to duplicate what they have there already. So, unfortunately, we're probably looking at some lame- movie IP layover, or, even worse, some of the D-list "musicians" Disney likes to push.

lazyboy97o

Vekoma - the manufacture of this roller coaster has nice new vest restraints that are much better than the older over the shoulder restraints. They still drop down the same but they are made from a software rubber and hug your chest instead of boxing in your head. Makes head banging a thing of the past.

If there was any update to this ride, that would be the one I would vote for.
They should upgrade the trains but leave off the optional vests. Lap bars only!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
They should upgrade the trains but leave off the optional vests. Lap bars only!

If Premier can do it with their similar launched coasters (like Joker's Jinx at Six Flags America or Flight of Fear at Kings Dominion), there really is no reason that Vekoma shouldn't be able to do something similar (assuming the state of Florida doesn't have some sort of requirement requiring inverting coasters to have OTSR).

lazyboy97o

If Premier can do it with their similar launched coasters (like Joker's Jinx at Six Flags America or Flight of Fear at Kings Dominion), there really is no reason that Vekoma shouldn't be able to do something similar (assuming the state of Florida doesn't have some sort of requirement requiring inverting coasters to have OTSR).
Vekoma has already done it. Their current restraint really is just a lap bar. The over-the-shoulder vest is optional and not what actually holds you in your seat.

Adam N

Florida def hasn’t a law like that as evidenced the restraints for RRR at Uni.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
I have always disliked the location of the RnRC more then the ride itself. Disney spent all this time, money, and effort on Sunset boulevard and then plop down an un-thematic building right off of it. Talk about breaking theme. I would love for them to build a Monsters INC land on the old warehouse land and block off/change the entrance to RnRC from Sunset. Make it the door roller coaster ride and build a entrance to Monster Inc land to loop back around to the old animation courtyard.

One can dream.

TheDuke

I've said this a couple times before, but I think the best thematic match for this attraction (if it does, in fact, change) is Elvis. It'll never happen, but I think it makes the most sense. Change the limos to pink Cadillacs. Resynch the music. Repaint/rebuild some of the props. Done.

That actually sounds cool, I would like that. One thing is that I'm pretty sure Elvis did most his recording in the South and obviously lived there, so it wouldn't fit with the LA theme.

Generally I think a retheme to another music act would be really hard given the state of rock music commercially and the lack of that many truly universal artists these days. Unless it's a huge icon like Elvis. I've previously suggested a RnRC style Beatles ride for the UK in Epcot.

When it is rethemed at some point (it's got to happen sometime, when Steven Tyler dies it's not like they're going to keep him there, that would just be weird) I would guess the ride name and everything will change and it will just be an IP.

TrojanUSC

That actually sounds cool, I would like that. One thing is that I'm pretty sure Elvis did most his recording in the South and obviously lived there, so it wouldn't fit with the LA theme.

Generally I think a retheme to another music act would be really hard given the state of rock music commercially and the lack of that many truly universal artists these days. Unless it's a huge icon like Elvis. I've previously suggested a RnRC style Beatles ride for the UK in Epcot.

When it is rethemed at some point (it's got to happen sometime, when Steven Tyler dies it's not like they're going to keep him there, that would just be weird) I would guess the ride name and everything will change and it will just be an IP.

They tried a massive-budget Elvis Cirque du Soliel show a few years back in Vegas, capital of everything Elvis (aside from maybe Memphis). It flopped. Sadly the Elvis brand has carried on to the point where most gen y and millennials can tell you who Elvis was but probably not name more than one of his songs. If you're gonna go the classic route, the answer is probably the Beatles but that's a whole other issue with a lot of money for clearances etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom