is project gemini dead

Hank Scorpio

I too hate the idea of splitting the park into two.

Perhaps maybe we are missing the point - World Showcase wasn't ever invisioned to be attraction based - that's FutureWorld.

But I still think it would be awesome to have an icon attraction in each country. You'd still have all the culture and experience of that nation, but also a signature attraction. I feel that this will only add to the overall experience and not take anything away.

cloudboy

I saw stuff I liked in the China stores but I thought I can go to Chinatown in Toronto and get the same stuff cheaper.

It wasn't always like that. At one point the shops and restaurants were a lot of fun, and there were a lot of unusual things to find. When I was down there about 2 years ago, everything they were selling you could find in either Pier 1 or Homegoods. And you saw how cheap some of that stuff was!

I think that they have made it a little too superficial (is that the right word?) to be a cultural draw, and yet they havn't put in enough attractions if they just want to be different themed lands.

Maybe this isn't the case in Florida, but up here ethnic restaurants are the norm. So when you walk into World Showcase and get americanized versions of some of the foreign specialties it kind of looses something. I think that the world has grown a little smaller and they need o update things a bit.

Don't get me wrong - World Showcase is still my favorite part of Disney. but I would like to see better shops and food, OR some attractions. Just something...

tomm4004

I think attractions are part of the cultural experience, getting to see vistas of China, France and Canada, getting to learn an even-handed and throughly accurate view of American history. The Maelstrom does give a good sense of Norway's adventure and spirit, certainly more than the Helly Hansen merchandise in the store or the herring in the eatery. So attractions add to that sense of the cultural experience, as does the entertainment and architecture.

jrriddle

Just off topic for a second. There are alot of us Canucks on this site as of late.
Just 6 months ago there were just a few of us.
Cool.
:D

Jungle Skipper

James...I dig the P& Gamble proposal....I think it will be great once Comcast takes over and we get the E! Entertainmentland in Future World....complete with CELEBRITIES UNCENSORED: The Experience!...a dumbo style ride with card board cutouts of paparazzi taking flash pictures of you on the ride..which you can later buy on the covers of tabloid magazines afterword of course!

Not to forget the Style Channel Darkride and hotel. Man I cant wait..:lol: :rolleyes: :lookaroun

sorry....this post is laced in sarcasm...

Oh by the way James...Go Wildcats! I'm a fellow Cat fan....born and raised in Owensboro KY. Cant wait to get started!

Jungle Josh

jrriddle

Originally posted by Jungle Skipper
....I think it will be great once Comcast takes over and we get the E! Entertainmentland in Future World....complete with CELEBRITIES UNCENSORED: The Experience!...a dumbo style ride with card board cutouts of paparazzi taking flash pictures of you on the ride..which you can later buy on the covers of tabloid magazines afterword of course!
Jungle Josh

I think they already have this: Superstar Limo. UGGGH!
Worst Ride Ever!:D

tomm4004

Just off topic for a second. There are alot of us Canucks on this site as of late.
It takes a while for things to make it to Canada. Plus, with those beavers always chewing through the cables it makes high-speed impossible.

jrriddle

Originally posted by tomm4004
It takes a while for things to make it to Canada. Plus, with those beavers always chewing through the cables it makes high-speed impossible.

:lol: Pesky Beavers!

Pixmel

Originally posted by jrriddle
Harry Potter aside, I think that World Showcase needs an overhaul almost as badly as Future World.
As it is right now, it's the "World's Nicest Foodcourt".
It could really use some new pavillions, rides, entertainment, etc.

I have to agree with it needing some new things.........as long as they don't ever get rid of the Restaurant Marrakesh in Morrocco.......oooh, or Alfredo's in Italy......oooh, or the Boulangerie Patisserie in France........or the eggrolls at the quick serve restaurant in China.........

Guess I shouldn't do any messaging when I'm hungry. :lol:

Seriously, the food is incredible, but it does need a little more exciting things than boat rides and big screen travel movies. Granted, the footage in gorgeous, but there needs to be some other kind of draw.

(And now excuse me while I go make some nachos.........:p

Pixmel

Originally posted by Mikejakester
You MAKE nachos?? wow.:hammer: :p

OK....so they're just restaurant style Tostitos with lots of cheese melted in the microwave......but they're yummy all the same. :lol:

sniggle74

Originally posted by Pixmel
OK....so they're just restaurant style Tostitos with lots of cheese melted in the microwave......but they're yummy all the same. :lol:

Now, just add a salted glass (complete with an beverage of the adult nature) and a boat ride....BAMB! You're in Mexico.

On the Original thread....I think we are seeing the starts (at least) to the revitalization of Epcot. Are there any other rumors still floating around?

sniggle74

Originally posted by General Grizz
World Showcase should still be part of EPCOT as a whole. . . I'd hate to see it separated.

The meeting is coming up in several days. :)

Is this the proposed meeting on 5/5 or is this another to talk about Soarin' or is this totally different meeting all together.

34 days and counting!!!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom