Is Paul Pressler Captain of the Submarines Again?

CHOX

My favorite part is the flash during the Angler Fish scene. I like looking past the figures to see the huge empty warehouse that thing is in. All it does is remind me of what could have been. They could have put an updated Sea Serpent or something in there, but noooooooooo.

No, seriously. My favorite part of that ride is looking back there and wondering what was there before. The ice caps? The squid? Whatever, Disney!

I wonder how much money they pumped into this project in 2007. At one point I figured it was enough to justify keeping it open for another 50 years. At this point, Iā€™m not so sure.

Last edited:

Phroobar

The thing I don't like about Nemo is you are either looking at a wall two inches from your window or an area of black. The angler fish idea was a bad idea. I wonder if they can use the robot arm now like they intended too? Even then it isn't really worth it for the half second you see it.

TROR

I've never been on the submarines. Along with the Monorail, SS Colombia, Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes, and Tom Sawyer's Island are the only real attractions I've never experienced. Is it worth checking out just once? I always hear about cramped and miserable it is which has deterred me away from it. Also the incredibly long wait time due to incredibly long boarding time.

Phroobar

I've never been on the submarines. Along with the Monorail, SS Colombia, Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes, and Tom Sawyer's Island are the only real attractions I've never experienced. Is it worth checking out just once? I always hear about cramped and miserable it is which has deterred me away from it. Also the incredibly long wait time due to incredibly long boarding time.

post-11542-NPH-thumbs-up-gif-Imgur-Swi2.gif

Expand your horizons.

dweezil78

It's worth checking out once at night, it's a far better experience then. You should do all of those things. Except for the canoes. They are torture devices, especially in the summer time.

TROR

post-11542-NPH-thumbs-up-gif-Imgur-Swi2.gif

Expand your horizons.
It's worth checking out once at night, it's a far better experience then. You should do all of those things. Except for the canoes. They are torture devices, especially in the summer time.
I'm trying at least one new experience every trip to Disneyland. A few years ago it was the Mark Twain, then two years ago the Tiki Room, and Great Moments last year. Only problem is I'll be at DCA as well this trip which might mess me up a bit. I've never mastered parkhopping but I'm still considering Maxpass which would help.

Phroobar

I'm trying at least one new experience every trip to Disneyland. A few years ago it was the Mark Twain, then two years ago the Tiki Room, and Great Moments last year. Only problem is I'll be at DCA as well this trip which might mess me up a bit. I've never mastered parkhopping but I'm still considering Maxpass which would help.
I hear Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout is

DisguisedDizzyBaleenwhale-size_restricted.gif

dweezil78

What's your priority -- soaking in the sights and sounds of the parks or seeing all you can cram in for one trip? I was there for 8am rope drop yesterday, a busy summer day, and was able to get in all the big e-tickets and then some at both DL and DCA (including 2x Pirates, 2x Thunder, and 2x Incredicoaster) by 3pm with MaxPass!

TROR

I hear Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout is

DisguisedDizzyBaleenwhale-size_restricted.gif
Delete

What's your priority -- soaking in the sights and sounds of the parks or seeing all you can cram in for one trip? I was there for 8am rope drop yesterday, a busy summer day, and was able to get in all the big e-tickets and then some at both DL and DCA (including 2x Pirates, 2x Thunder, and 2x Incredicoaster) by 3pm with MaxPass!
I tend to only go once a year so I like to get as much as I can done then, especially knowing I might not be able to next year with Galaxy's Edge opening. When I was there and on my own a couple years ago I was able to get all the attractions I wanted to done in four hours about but that was just Disneyland. Only ride I'm really interested in at DCA is Radiator Springs Racers (and the Red Car Trolley, I suppose). Maxpass would allow me to get a ticket for RSR without ever stepping in DCA until the FP time but that's the only big benefit I'm seeing but it is a big one. For only $10 a ticket it really doesn't seem that bad.

Antaundra

I was there yesterday too and it wasnā€™t busy at all by Disneyland standards. It was just crowded enoigh that that the park was running at full capacity but wasnā€™t so crowded that you canā€™t move. This has been one of my more pleasant trips.

Antaundra

Delete

I tend to only go once a year so I like to get as much as I can done then, especially knowing I might not be able to next year with Galaxy's Edge opening. When I was there and on my own a couple years ago I was able to get all the attractions I wanted to done in four hours about but that was just Disneyland. Only ride I'm really interested in at DCA is Radiator Springs Racers (and the Red Car Trolley, I suppose). Maxpass would allow me to get a ticket for RSR without ever stepping in DCA until the FP time but that's the only big benefit I'm seeing but it is a big one. For only $10 a ticket it really doesn't seem that bad.

How many days are you going?

TwilightZone

The subs are a lot of fun, but it really depends on the person. I love them. Night time is better than daytime, but the daytime version of the ride is still pretty good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom