is obama gonna do hop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steviej

Original Poster
Does anyone know if Barack Obama will be taping a speech for his animatronic at Hall of presidents? If this question has been asked already, I apologize

Nemo14

When I read the title here, I thought this that something to do with dancing at the inaugural ball.....:ROFLOL:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
More than likely, but I'm certain he has more pertinent issues on his plate right now

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There was a rumor floating around that the speech done by the sitting president was going to be removed from the show during the refurb. I have no idea if there is any truth to that rumor but I guess we shall see in a few months.

WDW Monorail

There was a rumor floating around that the speech done by the sitting president was going to be removed from the show during the refurb. I have no idea if there is any truth to that rumor but I guess we shall see in a few months.

Nah, that idea was tossed on Nov 5th.

WDITrent

I thought they weren't going to do any more speeches from the current president. I heard they will have an Obama Animatronic, but they will replace the current president speech with a speech by George Washington.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
It'd be smart. As long as Obama's popularity remains high, having him record a speech could turn HOP into quite the draw.

surfsupdon

Hopefully he will be respected and not made fun of by Guests during the attraction with negative shout outs and rude comments. After all, he is a President of the United States.

maggiegrace1

I think that any of the people who are Obama haters will not be interested in seeing the attraction so hopefully there will be no negative comments.

I am looking forward to seeing it with him in it though..:)

Not to try to start a problem , but I was very anti-Obama, but now that he is the 44th president of the USA I will try not to say negative things about him now. I wish him the best and hope that he will do all he promised and more, if not this country is going to get hit hard.
But I still look forward to seeing the new HOP when it opens up.
Anyone that was a Obama basher should take a look at it the way I did, if he fails we all fail. Pray for him and hope that we get good change for the Counrty's sake. I hate to here anti people say I hope he scews up, because we all pay then.
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW HOP!!!!:sohappy::sohappy:

surfsupdon

I guess because they do not like him so why would they want to see it especially since he will be in it now..

I guess that is what I think..I may be wrong.:shrug:

Even if Guests did not vote for Obama, I am sure they will still see the updated show. The problem comes in when haters make rude, disrespectful, and unneccessary comments during the show.

Here's hoping Guests will at least respect this president unlike the bashing that has happened in the past, spoiling the attraction for many.

I myself cannot wait until it opens again. While not the most exciting attraction, and I do skip it most vacations, it's always fun to watch it when our new president makes his first appearance!

Mr.EPCOT

Why not? Everyone loves delicious pancakes.

pancakes.jpg

sbkline

I guess because they do not like him so why would they want to see it especially since he will be in it now..

I guess that is what I think..I may be wrong.:shrug:

I voted for Bush the first time around, but then became dissallusioned with him and voted for a write in candidate in 2004. But my persuasion that Bush is an evil man had no bearing on my opinion of HOP. We visited the attraction on our 2003 trip, since it was my wife's first time ever and I was pretty much a newbie to WDW, even though I had made a couple visits in the past. We have never had any interest in seeing it again, but that lack of interest had nothing to do with the presence of GW Bush. I really don't care about that aspect of it. Like him or not, he's one of our presidents and part of our history, be it for good or for bad. There are other presidents in our history whom I find to be evil, corrupt, incompetent or immoral, but their presidency is a fact of history and I have no problem seeing them represented in that attraction. I plan to revisit HOP at some point on a future visit, but it's never been a priority attraction on our list.

Now that's just me, and there may be some people who take their politics very seriously, to the extent that they couldn't stomach seeing HOP (my brother would probably be one LOL). But I think most people would view the attraction and accept it for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom