Is November the Forgotten Month

RiversideBunny

I was wondering-

Not counting Thanksgiving week, would November be a very good time to have lower crowd levels at WDW?

People go to WDW in October to attend MNSSHP and they go in December for the Christmas decorations and activities, but the first three weeks of November seem to be without any special things which would draw crowds.
Sounds like a good time to go.

Is this logic correct?

Thanks
:king:

LizziePooh

I hope your theory is right. I have a trip schedule November 1-8.
But I've already heard, especially on these boards, that there aren't really any "slow" seasons anymore. It's like the secret's out, everyone now knows when the slow periods are, and that's when they plan their trip. I would think that the first couple weeks in November would be less crowded, but I'm not expecting it to be that empty. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

November isn't value season anymore, its regular season. This tells me the crowds are a little higher.

"Jersey Week" is November 6-8, bringing many NJ families to WDW.

Super Soap Weekend is also November 7-8, as is the Festival of the Masters at DTD.

The Epcot Food and Wine Festival usually ends on that weekend too!

MVMCP begins November 10.

I believe the best lull in crowds would be between November 9 and Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

We go every year the week between Jersey Week and Thanksgiving Week. We never have any crowd issues, barely any wait times for rides, and our vacation is just more relaxing.

I call it the calm before the storm, because the day before we leave to go back home, you notice the parks get wayyyy more crowded than they were the whole week. And thats when I know when Thanksgiving crowds are coming in...it is such a big difference. I'd like to think of November as the "forgotten month" LOL....less crowds for us!!! :D

We are going the same week this year and I cannot wait!!!

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

We were in WDW Nov 9th - 16th and we were caught between Jersey Week, Food & Wine Festival ending and Thanksgiving. Crowds weren't horrible, but they were busier than I am used to (I usually go in January or September). So unfortunately there were some lines. Also MVMCP started the 2nd week of November, not that it brings in a lot of crowds, but it brings in some. It wasn't unbearable, the lines weren't bad, but the weekends were fairly busy and a lot of wait times went up around 70 minutes. Come to think of it the whole time we were there, Soarin', Mission Space, and Test Track were no lower than 60 minutes, we had to FP them.

But its very managable and not too bad... but it is a regular season now, no longer value so as a previous poster said... it does show the crowd level has risen.

But the weather was perfect!!!

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

The last week of November isn't too bad, but seems to be getting busier every year. I would recommend that you stay away during Thanksgiving week. It can get quite busy.

December is quite slow for the 2nd and 3rd weeks if that fits your schedule. January and early September are probably the best time still.

Upvote 0

UKHelen

I have been there the last two years in early November and the crowds have been light. Avoid DHS on Super Soap Weekend - it's busy. For us it's a great time to go.

Have a great trip:wave:

Upvote 0

stmize

I hope Nov isn't too bad. I know Thanksgiving is going to be crazy but we have planned to arrive on the 21st and leave on the 29th.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

I hope Nov isn't too bad. I know Thanksgiving is going to be crazy but we have planned to arrive on the 21st and leave on the 29th.

It will be busy during your visit. The crowd should be tolerable until the 25th ,but then it gets crazy. The Thanksgiving week is one of the busiest of the year. Do expect the crowds to be in the 8 - 9 out of 10 range with Friday the 28th being a possible 10.

Don't forgget that the Candlelight Porocessional start on November 28th. This being your last night try to see it. Also Illuminations should also be starting it's Holiday tag on the 28th and that is also a must see.

Upvote 0

DisneyNme

We have been the to WDW the week before Thanksgiving for the past 3 years...and it seems the crowds are swelling more and more every year! It stinks...theres nothing like getting on every ride with a 10 min wait. :shrug:

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Original Poster
Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday in November.
Last year there was an 'extra' week after Thanksgiving.
Normally Thanksgiving week is also the last week of November.

We have been during Thanksgiving week.
The crowds are OK up through Wednesday then, beginning on Thanksgiving Day, everybody and his brother heads for the parks.

:)

Upvote 0

Gooch

I usually go in (early) November because of my birthday, but also because I've never dealt with large crowds in the times I've gone. I'd say it's a safe time to book your vacation.

Upvote 0

dreamin_disney

I hope to miss the crowds 11/15-11/22

My co-worker told her Husband that i was going. He told her to remind me to wear my curly hair up because its so humid there. They went in May a few years ago. Please tell me Nov isnt humid, pleeeeease. What are the odd of it being hot and humid during nov 15-22 ?????

1st trip to wdw

Upvote 0

alilance

I hope to miss the crowds 11/15-11/22

My co-worker told her Husband that i was going. He told her to remind me to wear my curly hair up because its so humid there. They went in May a few years ago. Please tell me Nov isnt humid, pleeeeease. What are the odd of it being hot and humid during nov 15-22 ?????

1st trip to wdw
Sorry! It doesn't matter if it's hot or not! Your hair will still curl!! Trust me, I know! Just let it go!!:):ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Minnietoo

We will e there the week before Thanksgiving! YEAH!

Last time I went it was Easter week so I have to assume anything would e better then that! Heck it is WDW it is magical any time!

Upvote 0

dreamin_disney

Sorry! It doesn't matter if it's hot or not! Your hair will still curl!! Trust me, I know! Just let it go!!:):ROFLOL:

oh great! I was even thinking of straighten it and that would look even worse. Will mouse work?

Is the humidty really bad morning, noon or night(nov)?

Is there anytime thats good to go minus the heat and humidty? I know to stay away May, June, July, August, Sept-lol!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom