Is new leadership needed at this point?

shambolicdefending

Here’s a radical idea, what if the head of the parks was someone with some actual theme park experience?

Parks experience would be a step in the right direction. But, here's what I really want...

Anyone who WANTS to become head of the parks has to plan and execute their own week-long Disneyland vacation with a predetermined middle class budget, and no perks or freebies. Like an "undercover boss" type thing, but as a guest. They have to make the same reservations, use the same parking garages, download the same app, stand in the same lines, and eat at the same tables as the rest of us... all week long.

After that, they can be considered qualified enough to interview for the job.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Parks experience would be a step in the right direction. But, here's what I really want...

Anyone who WANTS to become head of the parks has to plan and execute their own week-long Disneyland vacation with a predetermined middle class budget, and no perks or freebies. Like an "undercover boss" type thing, but as a guest. They have to make the same reservations, use the same parking garages, download the same app, stand in the same lines, and eat at the same tables as the rest of us... all week long.

After that, they can be considered qualified enough to interview for the job.
It’s wrong for them to turn on a “middle class” clientele...
But ultimately they have. It’s been building for probably 3 decades but went in lightspeed this last 10.

They won’t go back.

What is the “middle class” anymore anyway? I think the comfortable Disney travel family probably needs an annual household of at least $100,000-120,000 to be consistent visitors, don’t they?

Last edited:
It’s wrong for them to turn on a “middle class” clientele...
But ultimately they have. It’s been building for probably 3 decades but went in lightspeed this last 10.

They won’t go back.

What is the “middle class” anymore anyway? I think the comfortable Disney travel family probably needs an annual household of $100,000-120,000 to be consistent visitors, don’t they?
WDW is crowded, DLR is crowded when there are AP holders. Best way for the company to uncrowd the parks? Either charge more or spend more. They are doing both. It sucks but its the way of the world. Until they have drastic changes in visitors that isnt attributed to blackouts then I would not see this changing anytime soon.

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
I forgot about the changes to POTC.

la-1528494847-5ll842ucsw-snap-image.jpeg

850. Poor creative decisions

There were many who opposed changing the POTC auction and were immediately condemned as misogynistic. Still others somewhere in the middle were okay with changing it because perhaps its time had passed...I don't know. I don't think anyone was really happy with what they delivered. Even the Frankensteined scene of pirates chasing the women while that fat guy blabs about the key turned out better than this mess. The voice work is terrible. All I ever hear the robots blabbing about is chickens or something stupid. This is clearly not the best they could come up with. Or is it? If so, I have a huge problem with that. I have no doubt if some real old-school Imagineers were pulled out of retirement to come up with a new scene, we could have ended up with something decent. Perhaps great. Who knows?

Disorbust

Anyone who WANTS to become head of the parks has to plan and execute their own week-long Disneyland vacation with a predetermined middle class budget, and no perks or freebies. Like an "undercover boss" type thing, but as a guest

THIS!! My DD worked in resorts and was stunned by how many "execs" really never stayed/vacationed there.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I forgot about the changes to POTC.

View attachment 389328

850. Poor creative decisions

There were many who opposed changing the POTC auction and were immediately condemned as misogynistic. Still others somewhere in the middle were okay with changing it because perhaps its time had passed...I don't know. I don't think anyone was really happy with what they delivered. Even the Frankensteined scene of pirates chasing the women while that fat guy blabs about the key turned out better than this mess. The voice work is terrible. All I ever hear the robots blabbing about is chickens or something stupid. This is clearly not the best they could come up with. Or is it? If so, I have a huge problem with that. I have no doubt if some real old-school Imagineers were pulled out of retirement to come up with a new scene, we could have ended up with something decent. Perhaps great. Who knows?

Honestly the dialogue, and Redd's voice, is downright awful and ruins the entire scene for me. I don't have an opinion one way or the other regarding the "controversy" of the previous scene. I liked it and didn't think it was really necessary to change, but on paper this new scene didn't sound bad.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I consider nearly all of the Pixar films post Wall-E to be awful. Up is a good movie in the start until it gets into dogs talking with high pitched voices as its main attempt at humor.

I don’t know why everyone called Lasseter the “next Walt”. He never came across that way to me. He is someone who liked toys and was a train enthusiast, but that was it. It is also evident that his big franchise Cars was stolen from the drawing and idea of another Pixar Employee (who was never credited). Besides him pushing to get more money spent on his land based off a franchise he stole, I don’t see his benefit to the parks (unless you count the entertainment value of him drunkenly announcing Pixar Pier).

Perhaps drunken John at the Golden Horseshoe could be the next big show at Disneyland. I can imagine him trying to cop a feel on the can can dancers there as part of the act.
If Disney hadn’t bought Pixar....one would assume that they would not have become a sequel factory

It’s no coincidence all the original ideas were in production when the sale was made...and there’s been barely any after

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom