Is Mr. Gold's Pawnbroker shop on the Streets of America new?

draybook

rick2_zpsvottbqyt.jpg

afb28

posted about this in the hollywood studios rebuilt thread

not sure if discussed in here or not but was at Star Wars weekends on friday and noticed a new window dressing for once upon a time

18594293782_04d6a37e0b_c.jpg

I'm not the biggest once upon a time fan, but they killed it with all the details. My girlfriend stood her for a good 10 minutes looking at all of it and a CM that walked by said it was the first day the window was open.

Matt_Black

Sadly!!!! I love OUAT and have watched it from the beginning. What a great walk through type of attraction that would be, and an even better gift shop!!! I can name a number of things that I'd love from the show. The Dark one's dagger for starters!!! Glad that Disney is being super relevant and current with this though. Marie

The only thing better would be a Granny's Diner sit down restaurant.

AEfx

After the show is getting ready to enter it's FIFTH season....

I'm really glad that they stuck it out and let the show find it's audience. I haven't been the biggest fan of every storyline (I thought the first Oz storyline fell a bit flat, and I was just bored to confusion with the Frozen stuff) but overall I really just love the approach and style of the show. I had a few friends that gave up during Neverland, and I felt so bad for them because by the end that one was all worth it, at least to me.

It's just really fun to watch, and so neat as a Disney fan because they have access to the Disney specific versions of things as well as the traditional versions, so they can pick the best of both really well in most cases (again, Frozen excepted - I'm far from a Frozen hater, I just didn't think the story line on the show was that well done).

In any case, while I don't really expect an attraction experience, this is really great to have - I can just imagine walking my mom past and saying, "Hey, look at this shop" and seeing her slowly realize what it was. Those are moments you used to have so much more at Disney that with the rush to get in to X line before X time to use your FP, and that they don't really seem to do quite so much anymore.

Matt_Black

It's just really fun to watch, and so neat as a Disney fan because they have access to the Disney specific versions of things as well as the traditional versions, so they can pick the best of both really well in most cases

The Rapunzel episode being a notable exception. I wanted to throw a brick at my TV.

AEfx

The Rapunzel episode being a notable exception. I wanted to throw a brick at my TV.

LOL - I think I blocked that one out of my mind! At least it wasn't ongoing. Though didn't that have some freaky lady crawling up outside? I remember thinking that part was cool.

But yeah, that's part of the fun of the show - sometimes it is a little silly. There is just so much stuff that ends up cool, though, and they also seem to realize when something isn't working and get themselves out of it.

Lana Parrilla just makes the entire show for me...I could watch her all day long. I would love a Universal-style shop/attraction based on the show like the Wand shop, that ended with an animatronic of her with an updated version of the Snow White witch transformation effect...

Bah, put that out of my mind...Disney just needs to load up stores with more generic crap that still somehow sells, they don't need to theme anything...and if by some miracle they did so something that elaborate, it would be a six-month out MM+ FP+ required by invitation only with a separate $15 admission fee (which includes a FREE exclusive pin that is worth $9.99!).

(You know, I had to work hard to exaggerate that enough for the effect of making it worse than would actually realistically probably happen...)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
LOL - I think I blocked that one out of my mind! At least it wasn't ongoing. Though didn't that have some freaky lady crawling up outside? I remember thinking that part was cool.

But yeah, that's part of the fun of the show - sometimes it is a little silly. There is just so much stuff that ends up cool, though, and they also seem to realize when something isn't working and get themselves out of it.

Lana Parrilla just makes the entire show for me...I could watch her all day long. I would love a Universal-style shop/attraction based on the show like the Wand shop, that ended with an animatronic of her with an updated version of the Snow White witch transformation effect...

Bah, put that out of my mind...Disney just needs to load up stores with more generic crap that still somehow sells, they don't need to theme anything...and if by some miracle they did so something that elaborate, it would be a six-month out MM+ FP+ required by invitation only with a separate $15 admission fee (which includes a FREE exclusive pin that is worth $9.99!).

(You know, I had to work hard to exaggerate that enough for the effect of making it worse than would actually realistically probably happen...)

And yet Disney manages to do things worse than you COULD have imagined...

wannabeBelle

Love Lana She is probably my favorite character on the show. So deep and complex. Rumple is probably the other again because of the depths of the character. Hook is also pretty awesome due to the twists he has taken. I would love to see more of a OUAT presence in the parks, I think that could be so cool. Marie

Matt_Black

I liked Will Scarlet, The Knave of Hearts, on Once Upon a Time In Wonderland, so I was really excited to learn he was coming to the main show. And then they... proceeded to not really do anything with him. But hey, that would cut into the amount of time they show Emma whining about some darn thing or another!

AEfx

Love Lana She is probably my favorite character on the show. So deep and complex. Rumple is probably the other again because of the depths of the character. Hook is also pretty awesome due to the twists he has taken. I would love to see more of a OUAT presence in the parks, I think that could be so cool. Marie

So nice to see you again, Marie! :) Long time.

And yes, I completely agree - there at least should be some merchandise available, T-Shirts and the like...I'm surprised there hasn't been more.

And Hook....ah. /sigh If only he wasn't in love with that Swan girl...

I liked Will Scarlet, The Knave of Hearts, on Once Upon a Time In Wonderland, so I was really excited to learn he was coming to the main show. And then they... proceeded to not really do anything with him. But hey, that would cut into the amount of time they show Emma whining about some darn thing or another!

I'm just glad he's there, too. He was in a dream of mine once, and funny enough Hook was there, too.

If I told you any more, though, you'd never see the show in the same way again. ;)

wannabeBelle

Great seeing you again too!!! I am usually popping around in some thread or another. I am kinda into Robin Hood as well and I love the romance between him and Regina, SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!! Hook, Robin, etc. What is it with me and the Bad Boys?? Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom