Is Mickey mouse married?

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
How about someone go see the talking Mickey and ask him if he is married to Minnie? If the answer is no, then follow up with "What are you waiting for?":)

EpcoTim

Mickey is married. Unfortunately, it's not to Minnie. You see, Minnie is what we would call a home-wrecker. Mickey's wife, a mouse of slight proportions called Hortense, is never really allowed to leave the house. She would divorce Mickey, but she has grown accustomed to the way in which Mickey bankrolls her internet gambling addiction. Minnie calls her "that woman", and waits for the day when Mickey leaves Hortense. Minnie is in no hurry, as Mickey continues to buy her anything she wants. Even Mickey is aware of the painful truth that both women are with him because of his wealth. The whole sordid affair is quite sad, actually.

What was sad, became tragic. A story that Walt tried to hide for years. A story that crippled Walt himself, for he had created the mouse that would go on that rampage that dreary October night. Some say Minnie made him do it, for he could never leave Hortense. People often wonder why alcohol was never allowed at DisneyLand. If only they knew what lurked in the cold, black heart of that famous mouse, would he be loved at all?

mickeyarrested.jpg

Goofnut1980

Mickey is married. Unfortunately, it's not to Minnie. You see, Minnie is what we would call a home-wrecker. Mickey's wife, a mouse of slight proportions called Hortense, is never really allowed to leave the house. She would divorce Mickey, but she has grown accustomed to the way in which Mickey bankrolls her internet gambling addiction. Minnie calls her "that woman", and waits for the day when Mickey leaves Hortense. Minnie is in no hurry, as Mickey continues to buy her anything she wants. Even Mickey is aware of the painful truth that both women are with him because of his wealth. The whole sordid affair is quite sad, actually.

I just saw Donalds family tree. Hortense is a McDuck! ha

I_heart_Tigger

No they aren't married!!! That would ruin the magic!!

So knowing that they're most likely boinking like rabbits and sneaking out of each others house in the middle of the night is "magic" is it ;)

Honestly, I just assume that Mickey and Minnie have the same opinion of marriage that my BF and I do - waste of money, waste of time both of which are spent on better things than a meaningless ceremony that neither of us are interested in. It's nice to have some celebrity relationship icons like them.

vonpluto

Donald has a twin sister, Della Duck. Huey, Dewey and Louie are her kids.
don_duck-familytree1.jpg

I wonder when Donald's sisters name was changed from Dumbella to Della? Dumbella is first mentioned as the mother of H,D & L in the 1938 short "Donald's Nephews".

On another note Mickey's "nephews", Morty and Ferdie, only screen appearance is in a 1934 short called "Mickey's Steamroller". They are first seen in a stroller being pushed by Minnie. Hmmmm.....
:rolleyes:

meyeet

On another note Mickey's "nephews", Morty and Ferdie, only screen appearance is in a 1934 short called "Mickey's Steamroller". They are first seen in a stroller being pushed by Minnie. Hmmmm.....
:rolleyes:

They do both have the same last name...

tracyandalex

In the new Minnie's Bow-Tique, Minnie has 2 nieces. Anyone have any insight?

Also, is Minnie's Figaro the same as Gepetto's Figaro?

tare

So knowing that they're most likely boinking like rabbits and sneaking out of each others house in the middle of the night is "magic" is it ;)

Honestly, I just assume that Mickey and Minnie have the same opinion of marriage that my BF and I do - waste of money, waste of time both of which are spent on better things than a meaningless ceremony that neither of us are interested in. It's nice to have some celebrity relationship icons like them.
Really nice talk for a Disney fan!!! Your first paragraph in this quote is just disgusting and pathetic that you would even say that!!

JIMINYCR

I found this to add to the discussion: Are Mickey and Minnie married?????
According to Walt Disney, Mickey and Minnie Mouse have never been married on screen. But, in 1933, during an interview with Film Pictorial, Walt said, "In private life, Mickey is married to Minnie... What it really amounts to is that Minnie is, for screen purposes, his leading lady." Two years later in 1935, he told Louise Morgan in the News Chronicle "There's no marriage in the land of make-believe. Mickey and Minnie must live happily ever after." The discussion of Mickey and Minnie's wedding has been fueled by the 1932 film Mickey's Nightmare in which Mickey falls asleep in the armchair instead of meeting Minnie at the local dance. Mickey dreams of being married to Minnie and is surrounded by numerous little Mickey mice. Then in 1935, a cover for for the sheet music "The Wedding Of Mister Mickey Mouse" shows a picture of a beaming Mickey, dressing in a tux, leading Minnie, dressed in a veil, from the church to the happy cheering of Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom