Is Mickey Mouse Dead?

Marley's Ghost

My favorite was:

" dd you guys hate the orcerer's apprentince? because the hat and the wand are both themed to the sorcerer's apprentince.":eek:

Because I LOVE the hat and the wand FROM the Sorcerer's apprentince. :brick:

What I don't like is people who just can't be entertain stop trying to break down the 4th wall. :zipit: sorry.... just had to plie on .

CThaddeus

Even though this is a months-old thread, I'll throw in my two cents:

1. There was no wand in "The Sorcerer's Apprentice." All of the magic was done using the Hat. Imagineering seems to have been the ones to adopt the idea of Mickey holding a wand while wearing the "Fantasia" garb. But, disliking both the Wand and the Hat do not indicate I dislike Imagineering and "Fantasia." Quite the contrary. The comparison is silly.
2. Mickey is still everywhere. Besides the new TV show that was mentioned, the hidden Mickeys, Mickey's Toontown, and the truly overrated "Mickey's Philharmagic" (which I hope doesn't replace the much more immersive "Muppet-Vision 3-D" at DCA), Mickey is in the current version of the Disney's Hollywood Studios logo, he's in the Toon Studios logo, he's undoubtedly the number one meet n' greet character in the Parks (and probably appears in the most variations of costumes, too), he's the only animated character to have his own scene in the Great Movie Ride(from "Fantasia," naturally), he's the main character of Fantasmic!, he appears in the opening ceremonies for Epcot and Animal Kingdom every day (and possibly the Magic Kingdom's too, I keep getting there too late for it), the Mickey Mouse Ice Cream bars are huge sellers, he's prominently featured in Dream Along with Mickey, he's still got that huge floral display at the entrance of every Magic Kingdom, he's got two after hours events named for him (MNSSHP and MVMCP), he's prominently featured on the World of Disney bags, he has tons of merchandise with him somewhere on them, the Disneyland logo for the 50th was in the shape of his head...need I go on? They've never lost the focus on Mickey. New characters will come, have their moments of extreme popularity, and then join the rest of the characters in the Disney pantheon as backup for the Mouse. He will never fade from the public eye.
3. Quit dissin' "Chicken Little." That was a very clever and fun film. No, it wasn't "Pinocchio," but it was much better than many appear to give it credit for.

GrimGrinninAnna

Now I'd kill to see a park full of Peter Pan merch, or to see some of the older characters wandering the parts, but it's just not going to happen. We WDW-philes are a crazy bunch, but the rest of the great unwashed wants what's popular and current..

What's frightening to me is most kids in the parks now never saw Cinderella, or Snow White, or Sleeping Beauty. They know them from WDW, not those lovable and bulky VHS tapes.

I agree- I would love to see more Mickey, but he's the figurehead now. He's the parade grand marshal, his image is everywhere... I always thought they were making him into a kind of manifestation of Walt. Mickey owns the park and welcomes you...

Figment82

The wand has absolutely no connection to Fantasia. None. Nada. Zip. Thus, one of the many reasons why I and so many other hated it so much. It made no sense.

You need a better argument. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom