Is Mickey Mouse Dead?

And here's round two of why this post annoys me. I am by NO means a Stitch fan. He's cute...but he's no Mickey. I'm a purist at heart (give me Snow White over Pixar anyday). But the execs at WDW have to play it smart. Pixar films (well, some of them...Nemo, Rat., etc.) sell. Now I'd kill to see a park full of Peter Pan merch, or to see some of the older characters wandering the parts, but it's just not going to happen. We WDW-philes are a crazy bunch, but the rest of the great unwashed wants what's popular and current.

Mickey is my love, and I mean no disrespect to the mouse, but it's a sign of the times to see the Stitch and the Pixar-related crap everywhere. So just sit back, and RELAX.

phenom1307

And here's round two of why this post annoys me. I am by NO means a Stitch fan. He's cute...but he's no Mickey. I'm a purist at heart (give me Snow White over Pixar anyday). But the execs at WDW have to play it smart. Pixar films (well, some of them...Nemo, Rat., etc.) sell. Now I'd kill to see a park full of Peter Pan merch, or to see some of the older characters wandering the parts, but it's just not going to happen. We WDW-philes are a crazy bunch, but the rest of the great unwashed wants what's popular and current.

Mickey is my love, and I mean no disrespect to the mouse, but it's a sign of the times to see the Stitch and the Pixar-related crap everywhere. So just sit back, and RELAX.

disney just needs to go back to its old roots and start creating more of the cartoon movies that most of us grew up with...like snow white, beauty and the beast, the jungle book, etc....they should drop pixar and start coming up with stuff that has only "DISNEY" written all over it

Fun2BFree

disney just needs to go back to its old roots and start creating more of the cartoon movies that most of us grew up with...like snow white, beauty and the beast, the jungle book, etc....they should drop pixar and start coming up with stuff that has only "DISNEY" written all over it

The problem is that all those classics you listed were adaptations of fairytales and other stories written by other sources. By comparision, all the Pixar movies have original plots and characters. Many of the good fairytales have been done already anyhow. We don't want another Chicken Little, do we?

phenom1307

The problem is that all those classics you listed were adaptations of fairytales and other stories written by other sources. By comparision, all the Pixar movies have original plots and characters. Many of the good fairytales have been done already anyhow. We don't want another Chicken Little, do we?

that is true, i forgot about that when i was writing....

and dear god please not another chicken little :lol:

scpergj

:hammer:This is quite possibly the most rambling and pointless post I've read in some time. And by the way, RELIZIN is now my favorite word.

Reading through this thread I was thinking the same thing...how could anyone intelligently comment on that incoherent rambling?

Kevin

imagineer boy

Honestly your gonna be saying "Why is this in the News and Rumors section" i'll tell you later why this topic is in the news and rumors. There is park rumors on new attractions here opn WDWMAGIC before they start constructing it, do they say something about Mickey's 80th Birthday, No. they don't tell any rumors on new stuff for mickey's 80th birthday.

Um, this isn't in news and rumors.:lol: In that case, why did you post this in general discussion if its a rumor thread!:brick::lookaroun:lol:

BTW, do you think MaElStRomRoCkS?:zipit:

goofyfan13

Mickey likes his seamen.

3_8_9.gif

imagineer boy said:
BTW, do you think MaElStRomRoCkS?:zipit:

How dare you speak of that name. :lookaroun

I love the profile of one of his many attempts to get back in here.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/member.php?u=10084

RiversideBunny

To paraphrase-

Yes, MickeyJman06, there is a Mickey Mouse. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Mickey Mouse! It would be as dreary as if there were no MickeyJman06's. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The external light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

:)

scpergj

To paraphrase-

Yes, MickeyJman06, there is a Mickey Mouse. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Mickey Mouse! It would be as dreary as if there were no MickeyJman06's. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The external light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

:)

Now that's COOL!!!!

Nice job!

I would say that even if you perception of Mickey not being around is exactly what the folks at Disney want.

a) you are paying attention to their most famous product
b) you miss him when you don't see him
c) they are so slick that they can "hide" him for a while, should the other ones they push for a while become dull, and he will return and be as good as new.

I can honestly say that I feel they do keep him away for a while, and agree with you to a certain extent, but he always seems to come back. Unannounced.

haveyoumetmark

yes...it wasnt my favorite thing, but i didnt hate it like practically everyone else on here

Oh, I wasn't referring to you. That was aimed at the OP. I'm sorry, I should've made it clearer. I didn't really detest the wand all the much either. I just felt it didn't belong. It wasn't really a reason for the bickering among forum members. :wave:

wdwforus

Lets not forget Mickey Mouse Clubhouse....one of the newer pieces of Disney Programming for National Television....If they are trying to hide him, they aint doin a good job of it.....dig?:lookaroun

We Tivo this show all the time for my boy, its his favorite and he being 4 years old immediately associates WDW with Mickey. And for the record my family liked the wand. We are sorry to see it gone but can live with it. It gave SSE some character, the boy could identify with it. As far as the original post, Mickey is everywhere. It may be the Disney channel but what do you see when they are advertising any show or upcoming event? A Mickey head sillouette. They greet you at the airport with Mickey hands. The main show in front of Cinderellas Castle ALWAYS has Mickey in it. He gets the most cheers and applause in the parades and is either right up front or on the last float. Its not Chef Donalds, Goofy waffles or Pluto Crocs. New characters will come, new movies will get made but it will always be about the "mouse."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom