Is March really THAT busy!?!?!

matt_taylor1985

Original Poster
We've just booked to go on the 4th of March to WDW, but I didn't realise that Spring Break was on. From what I hear, it's incredibly busy at this time.

Have I just made a really stupid mistake?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Early March should not be bad. Spring breaks are scattered over March, so they don't make as big an impact...unless they coencide with Easter week. Last week in March leading into Easter will be bad. (of course that is the week we are going...:brick:)

fmingo36

Just so you know the Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend is March 5-7, and I believe there is also a dance/cheer competition or two that weekend as well.

NewfieFan

I'll be going from the 4th to the 19th but probably do alot of Disney towards the beginning.

The crowds will roll in around the 12th... so doing Disney early is to your benefit! The 1/2 marathon is on the weekend of the 6th and 7th - this will increase crowds on that weekend! Other than that you should be fine!

I'll be there the 2nd to the 10th! Have a great trip! :wave:

pixiesteno

We checked in on the first weekend of March last year (2009) and the Princess Marathon was in full works and there was a dance/band comp. at the same time and we did not find that the parks were overly crowded. In fact, the parks were less busy the beginning of March than they were Dec 13 - 18, 2008.
We really enjoyed our stay and we were at All Stars Music with the bulk of the dance/band kids.

matt_taylor1985

Original Poster
We'll be staying in our own villa so being in a hotel won't bother me. I don't mind if it's crowded - I just don't want it to be packed. But there's always fast passes.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
We'll be staying in our own villa so being in a hotel won't bother me. I don't mind if it's crowded - I just don't want it to be packed. But there's always fast passes.

Fast Passes are good, plus if you arrive at the parks at opening, you always have about two or so hours of normalcy, even on the most crowded days. As I said, we have been doing the week before or after Easter (due to school break time) the last few years and it is doable with early starts and a plan. I was even able to get all of the ADR's we wanted (easier than during free dining weeks)

BigRedDad

I will be there the 6th through the 14th. I am expecting moderate to slightly busy crowds on the weekends and light to moderate crowds during the week. The hours of operation indicate that crowds may not be too bad.

beyondyou

it was busier in febuary last year during the daytona 500, fathers day, and bike week than it ever was in march.

this is why i chose to go from march 11th-15th:wave:

fosse76

I don't think anyone is going to accurately predict crowds, as the economy is creating unpredictable patterns. Disney's major discounting, however, may have a large effect. I know last year I went during the Spring Break season and had a room-only discount (charging Value season rates when it was considered Peak season). The parks weren't crowded at all. I'd be prepared for crowds though.

DizneyPryncess

My in-laws time share used to be the first week of March, and it was always fairly low-moderate in crowds. Now their week is in mid-March and it was a huge shock to us. The bulk of Spring Break is mid to late March, and that's when it's bad. Like others have said, whenever Easter falls is very crowded too, and sometimes that falls in March. This year it's April.

spring break in florida vary from first week to third week and most of colleges... it does get busier when colleges are out and then when kids get out around easter

Matt and Kelly

We were at WDW last March (20th-29th) and I really didn't find the crowds too bad. There were a few longer waits (Soarin' and Toy Story) but that seems to be the norm at any time.

We always arrive at the parks first thing to try and beat some of the crowds in the morning though, so maybe that's why I didn't think they were that bad. I would go again during that time frame...have a great trip!

hrmom26

i have been twice at that time with no issues at all the only time it was a little hairy lol was leaving the park after wishes yeah that even freaked me out lol

heather

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom