Is Le Cellier worth it?

DisneyGigi

We used to love it, it was a must do. The last time in 2015, the amount of food was way less, hardly any risotto and the filet was smaller. The service was horrible, we almost thirsted to death and actually had to flag down another server for refills. In the past it had always been amazing. It definitely is not worth 2 dining credits IMO. I get the filet and soup at the food and wine now.

KTCpiano

Though I’ve been before, I cannot remember if it was ok or actually good. Also when we tried it we had the free dining but this time it will be out of pocket... so is it worth it? I love steak!
I will add another vote for Yachtsman. The steaks are far superior in my opinion, and it's a better dining experience overall. Less crammed and excellent service/food. Le Cellier is good, and I enjoy it. However, if I'm paying out of pocket, I feel like I get more for the money at Yachtsman.

analise

Original Poster
Depending on your tastes there some nice restaurants in Epcot. Tutto Italia, Chefs de France, Restaurant Marrakesh and Rose & Crown spring to mind. Check out the World Showcase and see what appeals to you.
I am retired Army recovering from total knee replacements, too many parachute jumps with that sudden stop at the end. If your husband is using a walker, I strongly encourage you to rent an ECV/scooter.
Thank you for these suggestions. And yes my husband had both hips replaced at 39 & will get a knee replacement too. I’d love it if he got himself one of those scooters but he feels very embarrassed to use an ecv because he looks like a still young normal healthy adult male just being lazy according to him lol & people stare at him. So he either uses a walker with a seat or a cane.

pax_65

I don't know if it's my memory but the last time we did Le Cellier we were shocked at how tightly packed everyone is in that place. It was super crowded and super noisy. Put that along with the fact that the food was just "ok" (I actually felt like the beer & cheese soup was the best thing I had), we'll probably skip it for a while. It's not worth it IMHO.

Hockey89

I don't know if it's my memory but the last time we did Le Cellier we were shocked at how tightly packed everyone is in that place. It was super crowded and super noisy. Put that along with the fact that the food was just "ok" (I actually felt like the beer & cheese soup was the best thing I had), we'll probably skip it for a while. It's not worth it IMHO.

Your memory is correct.... Tables on top of each other... Loud... Food blah

Phonedave

Depending on your tastes there some nice restaurants in Epcot. Tutto Italia, Chefs de France, Restaurant Marrakesh and Rose & Crown spring to mind. Check out the World Showcase and see what appeals to you.
I am retired Army recovering from total knee replacements, too many parachute jumps with that sudden stop at the end. If your husband is using a walker, I strongly encourage you to rent an ECV/scooter.

Any of these is better than Le Cellier.

Rose and Crown is not anything memorable, but it is still better than Le Cellier.

Forget all of the comparisons to other steakhouses, or what you get at home, or all of that stuff.

On it's own merits, the place is bad. The steak is poor, the plating is horrendous, and the atmosphere is terrible. Yes, I know, you are supposed to be in a cellar. OK, I get that, but you can have that effect without making it so crowded and noisy. Honestly, it is not an enjoyable experience - even before the check comes.

-dave

Dave B

Any of these is better than Le Cellier.

Rose and Crown is not anything memorable, but it is still better than Le Cellier.

Forget all of the comparisons to other steakhouses, or what you get at home, or all of that stuff.

On it's own merits, the place is bad. The steak is poor, the plating is horrendous, and the atmosphere is terrible. Yes, I know, you are supposed to be in a cellar. OK, I get that, but you can have that effect without making it so crowded and noisy. Honestly, it is not an enjoyable experience - even before the check comes.

-dave
To each their own, we love the place

aladdin2007

Does anyone know if they still serve the different breads like the pretzel? Or is it now just plain whitebread hard rolls. I am reading a bit of both within online reviews. Some reviews are from Sept and others from this month, and it seems to be back and forth, so anyone been within the last week or two? thanks

danyoung56

They don't serve the bread sticks like they used to. They still have the pretzel stick, and they serve it with a couple other types of bread. It's not plain white bread hard rolls, though.

I don’t really think it’s worth it’s Signature status (which wasn’t authentically earned anyway). That being said, it’s probably one of the better in-park places to get a steak.

westie

We Are DLR peeps who love WDW. I used to love Le Cell until last visit. Being Westcoasters we choose to dine as late as possible. Your 9pm is 6pm for us. So I order the prime rib as usual and I am given some cut of meet that has been pan fried. I asked what this was and am told its prime rib "canadian style." Argument ensues, manager gives us comped dessert, I don't leave a tip. I know its late, I know its probably sold out for the evening BUT don't lie to a foodie! It went from fave to never again real quick. Canadian style my @ss.

YankeeMouse

Only for the cheese soup. And that's what we get when we go. Only the cheese soup. I used to feel like we should order something else to be polite (?) but stopped the sham and now when we are seated I will say, We are only here for the cheese soup. :)

danyoung56

I've never had a bad meal at Le Cellier. Now, is it worth it? Can't say, as I usually don't look at prices while on vacation. But a fine steak, some tasty bread and that incredible cheese soup makes a pretty decent meal.

Amos1784

This I will agree with, while we are on the "its worth it side" as we have always had fantastic meals and service here. If you are a smaller party (we only have 2) we always get stuck at the tables for two that are literally an arms length away from the table right next to you.

OneofThree

Ate there is Sept. Worth it? Not even close. The mushroom risotto was as advertised and the poutine was pretty good, but my filet was just passable. I'm also good with college program overall, but not necessarily at a signature restaurant where that sort of experience really requires an experienced, professional serving staff. This was my first visit since the mid 80's, so by my math I won't be due again until about 2051, and I'm good with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom