Is it worth...

Philo

Original Poster
calling Disney and asking them to make a note against my ADR's to let the restaurant know it's my honeymoon?

There are a few places like Le Cellier, Hoop Dee Doo etc where I don't think it matters because, to my knowledge, there are no tables in a better position than others but for other places like Coral Reef and California Grill it might make the difference between a great view and a so-so view.

I know that they won't be able to guarantee anything anyway and perhaps just showing up with the wedding ears and honeymoon badge will be better than a note against our name

CAPTAIN HOOK

If you don't ask - you don't get.

It can do no harm notifying them, and as you say, they don't / can't guarantee anything. But if you don't tell them you'll always wonder "what if......."

gardenia

Showing up with the button and/or ears is enough. I've never heard of getting preferential seating because you're honeymooning, but they will often give you a special desert or a glass of champagne.

slappy magoo

You should go in with no expectations...but yeah, let them know it's your honeymoon. They'd never guarantee the best seat or special meals or desserts or anything, but depending on how busy the restaurant is, when your reservation time is, and a thousand other tiny little factors that add up, they might make the effort to make your meal there extra special. But again, no guarantees, no expectations.

Philo

Original Poster
Thanks, it's pretty much as I expected. I need to call them to confirm diet requirements anyway so I might mention it - you never know.

DisneyGigi

Dh did just that when he made reservations for our dinners for our anniversary. We got something special at just about every place. They even noted the year anniversary we were celebrating. It it was great. They also noted it on the resort ressie because they had the buttons waiting for us at the resort when we checked in.
Congrats! :wave:

PigletIsMyCat

Showing up with the button and/or ears is enough. I've never heard of getting preferential seating because you're honeymooning, but they will often give you a special desert or a glass of champagne.

Call and let them know. We received the best table in the house at CRT on our anniversary trip - right in front of the middle window overlooking Fantasyland. We also received a certificate and a set of champange flutes - and it was our first anniversary, not our honeymoon!!

Also, call ahead and let the Front Desk of your resort know it's your honeymoon. You will find surprises in your room!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom