Is it time for a new Disney?

cloudboy

Original Poster
I am not talking about a new gate here. I am talking high treason. Revolution. I am wondering - is the time ripe for a new entrant into the theme park world?

We already have Universal, which really focuses on the movies and pure sensory thrills. Then you have the Six Flags and assorted theme parks, which are all about the thrill rides. The (ex) Anheuser-Busch parks seemed to focus mostly on animals and crossing over into the zoo market.

Disney used to be the all-appealing park. It was all about the magic. But it's getting to be that in order to get the magic, you have to either be or be responsible for someone under the age of 12. It's become a kids-focused cross sell to children. I just discovered that there are new rides I don't even get any more since I don't actively watch every Disney themed show on TV.

Now that they have decided to Child Safe Disney, I am wondering if maybe there is room for a new Theme park enterprise. One that still focuses on the deep theming, but is geared to a little bit more grown up taste. I am not talking about Las Vegas level gambling and adult addictions, just something not so gimicky and sacharine but that isn't all thrill rides.

DisneyDellsDude

With the new park management change out that happened a few years ago, and with all the awesome rumors of changes coming up, I think Disney is going to start to perform at a very high level again in the near future.

dixiegirl

Absolutely not.Disney is unbeatable in my eyes.

Perfectly put!!!! Whether I'm with my girls or just the hubby I still feel The magic even before I enter the park when My vacation takes place the minute I'm picked up at the Orlando International Airport by the Magical Express ... When I see The castle peeking up over a hill as The Disney Bus is getting closer to the Magic Kingdom I feel the Magic....And when I enter the park and see that Beautiful castle as I stroll down Main Street USA...Yes I'm feeling it, all over the park, the rides , seeing other children as well as our own or even other adults getting excited being there...Magic ....Thats it..if your not feeling it, maybe you need to take a break....

njblackberry

Having just taken our first extended trip to the World with no children, I can safely assure you that the parks still have tremendous appeal to those over 40, with no children attached to us.

Keep adding attractions like Toy Story Midway Mania and the world will continue to by our Happy Place for years to come.

SWatsi

There is certainly room for another company to come in and develop a new property that rivals Disney in style, theme and fun.
Disney, I love, but isn't the be-all. I want competition, and new options of places to go and experience. A revolution isn't far-fetched. If there is someone with a big concept, and can get it to work, and it is good, I will be there..
It isn't a slight on Disney, because Disney should also move with any possible revolution or evolution in entertainment. Perhaps even lead the revolution.
I don't agree that Disney doesn't offer anything for those other than kids, there is a balance, not the same as in the past maybe, but there is a balance of sorts.
Basically my point is that there will be room in my eyes for another company to start up and drive competition.
I love Disney, Universal, Busch\SeaWorld... Flamingo Land (hehe..), I can embrace one more. Why are so many so closed to experiences other than Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom