Is it always this busy this time of year?

kcnole

Original Poster
I thought this was supposed to be the slow time of the year. We went about 4 years ago in late January and everything was a walk-on. We went to the Magic Kingdom on Saturday and it was summer time busy. Space Mountain was carrying a 2 hour wait when I came by around 4 to use my fastpass, Pooh was an hour, Jungle Cruise took almost an hour to load, etc...

What happened to the slow season? Has this 100 dollar FL ticket really attracted this many visitors or is this always a busy time of the year?

DisneyJoe

February crowds really pick up on and after President's day weekend - and it continues through Easter - and Disney calls this Peak season.

SirGoofy

I thought this was supposed to be the slow time of the year. We went about 4 years ago in late January and everything was a walk-on. We went to the Magic Kingdom on Saturday and it was summer time busy. Space Mountain was carrying a 2 hour wait when I came by around 4 to use my fastpass, Pooh was an hour, Jungle Cruise took almost an hour to load, etc...

What happened to the slow season? Has this 100 dollar FL ticket really attracted this many visitors or is this always a busy time of the year?

Discounts, dining specials, DV\C, etc have killed the time formerly known as offseason.

There is no "offseason" anymore.

zurgandfriend

It is school vacation in New England, Mass last week NH this week and after 8-9 weeks of snow and cold, people here are sick of winter. Add in spring training starting and it’s almost an exodus of people heading to the warm.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
tombstone1.jpg

JWG

Need to go pre-President's Day week. We went post President's Day last year (2/17 - 2/24) and it was crowded at all but AK. This year we went 1/25 - 2/2 and had a much difference experience. Fantasyland was still a wreck midday, but everything else was maneageble and nothing more than 30 minute waits usually.

kcnole

Original Poster
This coming weekend is ESPN the weekend, so I don't know how much that will impact crowds or not.

cblodg

This coming weekend is ESPN the weekend, so I don't know how much that will impact crowds or not.
We were down for part of school vacation week and ESPN the Weekend and didn't really notice any drastic increase for ETW. About the only area that really sees an increas is DHS as that is where the stage is. You'll see an increase at the ESPN Zone on the BW as they have M&M and other radio shows there.

stormalong bay

My wife and I are both former cast members. We would always advise
people to visit WDW the first couple of weeks of December as the parks and
resorts would be decorated for Christmas and the occupancy would be low.

I can remember working at Y&B and the occupancy rate being 4% at that time.
There would be whole floors devoid of guests. Almost kind of spooky.

Nowadays this is not the case. We still go during that time period, but
now it has become just like any other time. During this time I believe a lot
of it is due to the Pop Warner footballers. Which is another story all together.

BigRedDad

You just happened to go during President's week. This is a busy time with many northern school systems off for Winter break.

karlbeau

There are few down times if ever anymore. Perhaps late September or mid-January. However, having spent at least 3 days per month at WDW for the last couple of years, I can honestly say that the crowds are surprisingly large on any given day or in any given season. (It makes me wonder where the economic problems are?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom