Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's just after seeing dinosaur a month ago I really started to think how Disney should replace it. It's too dark, not enough detail and just isn't as fun as Indy. Indy definitely could fit in now that I think of it.

I would be happy if they simply reprogrammed the Dino car to not shake you back and forth so much so needlessly. It's not thrilling, it's annoying.

Last edited:

Kman101

It's just after seeing dinosaur a month ago I really started to think how Disney should replace it. It's too dark, not enough detail and just isn't as fun as Indy. Indy definitely could fit in now that I think of it.

I'm very torn on this idea. I enjoy Dinosaur but I'm kind of surprised this iteration has lasted so long. With the parks aiming for the kidlets ... but I don't want to lose a dinosaur presence.

Indy could work in AK. I know some find it the end of the world but it doesn't have to be.

I feel either Indy or the Dino's would benefit from a flume/boat ride. Imagine falling over "the falls" in one of these rides? So fun. Would love a water ride at DHS. An Indy ride on the level of Shanghai's Pirates with a LARGE drop. I'd be one of the first in line.

Haymarket2008

The aesthetic of Indy would fit quite beautifully into Animal Kingdom, but it would have to fit into the ideology of the park. Say what you want about Avatar, but it’s quite a great and respectful addition to DAK. Whether it be in DAK or DHS, Indy needs a ride asap. And preferably using the Shanghai Pirates flume ride system.

jimbaker84

I feel either Indy or the Dino's would benefit from a flume/boat ride. Imagine falling over "the falls" in one of these rides? So fun. Would love a water ride at DHS. An Indy ride on the level of Shanghai's Pirates with a LARGE drop. I'd be one of the first in line.
This is a great idea for an additional attraction. I would be up for it being Indy as long as they can make the theme fitting for DAK.

Bocabear

This is a great idea for an additional attraction. I would be up for it being Indy as long as they can make the theme fitting for DAK.
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Dinosaurs....lol But seriously the aesthetic works perfectly within that park, there are already crumbling temple structures to be found throughout the park... The park is about Adventure... that is exactly the sort of location where Indy would be exploring....

Haymarket2008

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Dinosaurs....lol But seriously the aesthetic works perfectly within that park, there are already crumbling temple structures to be found throughout the park... The park is about Adventure... that is exactly the sort of location where Indy would be exploring....

I agree, but there needs to be a differentiation between what goes into Adventureland and Animal Kingdom. Two very different places. Lots of similarities, yes. But different ideals.

ppete1975

I would be happy if they simply reprogrammed the Dino car to not shake you back and forth so much so needlessly. It's not thrilling, it's annoying.
i think they should slow them down, that would mean less guests, but would give you more time to absorb the action and see the detail. Its really not a thrill ride like a roller coaster so no need for it to be that fast and jar you around so much.

rle4lunch

i think they should slow them down, that would mean less guests, but would give you more time to absorb the action and see the detail. Its really not a thrill ride like a roller coaster so no need for it to be that fast and jar you around so much.
Dino doesn't need slowing down. It's practically a 4th grade field trip to the natural history museum, filled with bad jokes and a pointless plot that tries to create urgency yet fails miserably.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Dino doesn't need slowing down. It's practically a 4th grade field trip to the natural history museum, filled with bad jokes and a pointless plot that tries to create urgency yet fails miserably.
Somebody already used the right word for Dinosaur!... annoying.

Last edited:

jimbaker84

Yeah, they could do with updating the intro as it also looks pretty dated in addition to your comments, hopefully it can also provide a better plot. May be best if they reduce the rocking motion slightly to reduce any discomfort and enhance the effects/dinosaurs throughout the attraction.

Myth Maker

I am on board with this idea as long as they go all out with it. An entire South America themed section with its own animal trail, indy jones ride, new show maybe and revisit the excavator coaster idea would be amazing!

Keep the dig site playground as it fits the concept well. Just re-do dinosaur, replace or re-theme the spinning coasters and add a bunch of theming and some animals and it would fit nicely.

Squirrel29

I think IJ would be good in AK. I could see changing Dinoland into the middle East and then you you tie in Aladdin. Do some cosmetic adjustments to to Dinosaur and turn the building into a pyramid. Primeval swirl could be reskinned as minecars. The Boneyard as already mentioned changed to a archeological dig.

It could be about the damages to historical sites and ways to protect them. With a middle East location you could have camels,oryx,gazelle and the Arabian Tahr and a Bazaar.

Aladdin show where Nemo is. It would tie in nicely with the rest of AK and not be purely IJ.

peter11435

I think IJ would be good in AK. I could see changing Dinoland into the middle East and then you you tie in Aladdin. Do some cosmetic adjustments to to Dinosaur and turn the building into a pyramid. Primeval swirl could be reskinned as minecars. The Boneyard as already mentioned changed to a archeological dig.

It could be about the damages to historical sites and ways to protect them. With a middle East location you could have camels,oryx,gazelle and the Arabian Tahr and a Bazaar.

Aladdin show where Nemo is. It would tie in nicely with the rest of AK and not be purely IJ.
:banghead:

Movielover

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Dinosaurs...

Already been done...

DinosaurEggs_e.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom