Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

EricsBiscuit

Problem is that in these histories, they only seem to show the purified version and say the good things. Almost never the bad things that many "millonaires" had to use to become said millonaires. (from Bill Gates playing dirty to get secrets from Steve Jobs), to things like Walt's money schemes in redirecting money towards himself directly and skipping shareholders.
True. RETLAW and WED were such. But, his positives far outweigh the negatives we can all agree or else we wouldn't be here.

MaximumEd

Spent a few days at Disneyland. I’m reminded every time I go that Indy is by far one of the major star attractions in the entire resort. A true, epic Indy E-ticket is a must for WDW. (Also, Guardians is truly half baked and the opposite of Indy in every way.)

Agreed. Spent several days at DLR late 2016. Indy is a fantastic ride and much better than Dinosaur in every way, even though I like Dino. Why Indy doesn’t/hasn’t had a bigger presence in WDW, specifically at MGM, is beyond me. An Indy E-Ticket would be a smash. Regardless of the quality of the later movies, the franchise has stood the test of time quite well.

doctornick

After spending time at WDW during marathon week it’s clear about 1 thing. AK needs more attractions, not updates to Dino, new stuff. Dino had 180 min waits during the week people. New builds are what the park desperately needs now! Even ITTBAB had an hour wait. Well everything else was near 3 hours or more. Crazy,

Yes, that's why I don't get that they'd even be considering spending money changing Dinosaur -- a perfectly quality ride that is a great fit for the park -- with another concept. They park needs capacity and additional attractions.

Personally, I wouldn't mind when It's a Bug Land closes in DCA -- I think that's happening for Marvel, right? -- if they would just move those rides across country to WDW and put them in DAK. I'm thinking along the long path between the FOTLK theater and Pandora. With the added capacity of those flat rides and having some stuff that is more child friendly, they can then tear down Dinorama and put in a higher quality dinosaur themed ride in that area (maybe a version of the Excavator).

I know the Bug's Land rides are cheap carnival stuff but they actually look nice and would be a boon to DAK which could use some rides like that and would perfectly fit the park.

BrianLo

Yes, that's why I don't get that they'd even be considering spending money changing Dinosaur -- a perfectly quality ride that is a great fit for the park -- with another concept. They park needs capacity and additional attractions.

Personally, I wouldn't mind when It's a Bug Land closes in DCA -- I think that's happening for Marvel, right? -- if they would just move those rides across country to WDW and put them in DAK. I'm thinking along the long path between the FOTLK theater and Pandora. With the added capacity of those flat rides and having some stuff that is more child friendly, they can then tear down Dinorama and put in a higher quality dinosaur themed ride in that area (maybe a version of the Excavator).

I know the Bug's Land rides are cheap carnival stuff but they actually look nice and would be a boon to DAK which could use some rides like that and would perfectly fit the park.

Flik's Flyers is being re-utilized in the new Pixar Pier...

Leaving Francis' Ladybug Boogie and what might be considered the worst ride in the entire DLR.

Can I veto your suggestion?

peter11435

Leaving Francis' Ladybug Boogie and what might be considered the worst ride in the entire DLR.

Has it actually been confirmed that Flik’s will be re-utilized. I know it’s the same style attraction but I’m seeing/hearing conflicting information regarding if it will be a new system or repurposed.

doctornick

1. I love Heimlick's. Unless you are talking about Tuck and Roll's, which I would agree does suck. You can leave that in Cali.
2. Even if Flik's Flyers is being kept at DCA, no reason they couldn't build a new one for DAK. I mean, I was suggesting reusing the rides for cheapness, but I think Disney can build a new nicely themed spinner clone at a relatively affordable price.

Flik's, Ladybug and Heimlick and with a M&G and a quick serve (a copy of the Bug Bar?) would make a nice small land for DAK to add to the ride count.

AEfx

They won't.

The only thing that makes people think that is that it has the same ride system as the existing Indy ride in California. It's a completely fan invented notion. I have no doubt that should an Indy ride come, even to AK, it will be a brand new attraction.

CJR

And it's one of the best shows at WDW too. I'd say only the shows at DAK are the ones I would put ahead of it (LK, Nemo, etc... I'd say Flights of Wonder was on the same level too, hopefully the Up version is just as good).

Easily the best show at DHS, which is impressive given its age. It has held up very well over the years.

MaximumEd

It has a large and expensive stunt show. Isn’t that big?

I wasn’t specific enough. It deserves a big E-Ticket ride. The stunt show doesn’t do a lot for me, but that can be chalked up to personal preference. It is always crowded when we are there and eats up a good bit of crowd.

rle4lunch

Easily the best show at DHS, which is impressive given its age. It has held up very well over the years.

While I agree that it's a good show, I've seen it twice, and that was one too many times for me. It's not for multiple viewings and the premise is kinda weak and weird.

Kman101

Of course they would re-theme Dinosaur to Indy. You really think they don't have some blue sky plan somewhere on the shelf?

There's also an IP mandate. Indy is a potentially profitable IP (in terms of merch). I very much doubt they care a lot about Dinosaur as a ride. What are it's guest satisfaction scores? Indy would be a name most would recognize and it would instantly make the ride a lot more popular.

Who'd have thought UP would go into Flights of Wonder? IP mandate. So I do think they would waste money on switching Dinosaur for Indy. But considering they seem to be hemming and hawing about changing Three Cabs for Coco ...

People don't think they will because they don't want them to. I don't want them too either but with how things are going with IP's, it wouldn't surprise me at ALL. Five or ten years ago? I'd be with everyone saying they'd never do that.

Kman101

And it's one of the best shows at WDW too. I'd say only the shows at DAK are the ones I would put ahead of it (LK, Nemo, etc... I'd say Flights of Wonder was on the same level too, hopefully the Up version is just as good).

It's a great show. Someone said it's aged well, and to some degree that's true, it has. I think if they keep it, they should do away with the director part of it and do a full on stunt show. It works as it is but I wouldn't mind a change if the change is good.

But if I had to pick between a 25 year old stunt show or an Indy ride in it's place, I'd take the ride. (Just not the coaster). Of course in an ideal world and park we'd have both.

rle4lunch

I'm all for gutting Indy for anything new. I understand the allure of milking nostalgia (nobody does it better than Disney) , but the Indy stunt show doesn't carry any type of nostalgia, at least to me. Indy stunt show feels more like it belongs at uni or something. Maybe it meshed well 25 years ago when dhs was still going for the "active studio lot" vibe, but I'm pretty sure that was a failed experiment and is being phased out anyway, so it's high time to make a clean sweep.

jimbaker84

I'm all for gutting Indy for anything new. I understand the allure of milking nostalgia (nobody does it better than Disney) , but the Indy stunt show doesn't carry any type of nostalgia, at least to me. Indy stunt show feels more like it belongs at uni or something. Maybe it meshed well 25 years ago when dhs was still going for the "active studio lot" vibe, but I'm pretty sure that was a failed experiment and is being phased out anyway, so it's high time to make a clean sweep.
I think that the show could be refreshed as we've had the same set pieces and dialogue for over 20 years now. Would prefer to see an additional attraction rather than yet another replacement because let's face it, the crowds aren't going to get any lighter when SWL opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom