Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

TeriofTerror

That's better than what Aladdin got: a cheap spinner smack dab in the middle of Adventureland...I bet he'd rather switch places and Have a miniland where guests can take a dump in the Cave of Wonders!
Well, in all fairness, Aladdin did have his own parade for a nice stretch. That's where the spitting camels came from that now adorn the spinner, if I recall correctly. :) (But I agree that the ride bites.)

MotherOfBirds

It still surprises me that the Renaissance-era films have basically had to fight to get a presence in the parks. Given their success in the 90's, you'd have thought they would have been itching to build e-tickets in the couple of years that followed, rather than the easy to throw together attractions that we got.

AEfx

Regardless or not.. FEA actually had a ride and presence.
Tangled only got a darn toilet.

The good side is, it got a decent float in the parade.

Tangled - Budget: $260M / Gross: $591M
Soundtrack: Peaked at 43 on Billboard, did win a Grammy for 'best song in visual medium' (for a song I never heard of)
Awards: Nominated for best song Academy Award (lost), two Golden Globes (lost), and a few other small critic nominations

Frozen - Budget: $150M / Gross: $1.267B
Soundtrack: #1 on Billboard, plus #1 single, and almost way too much else to mention, but briefly - won an Original Song Oscar, and two Grammy's, and broke so many sales records that the soundtrack itself has its own Wikipedia page for crying out loud, LOL
Awards: Again, too many to mention, and they too have their own Wikipedia page just because there were so many - 2 Oscars, including Best Animated Feature (Tangled didn't even get a courtesy nomination for that one), 2 Grammy's, Golden Globe for Best Animated Feature, British Academy Award for Best Animated Feature, and a few dozen other critic awards

When you stack up the two films - forgetting all the controversy around FEA's placement and scope, etc. - a nice little dark ride versus a parade float and a themed bathroom seem pretty commensurate with how well the films were individually received. ;)

Mike S

It still surprises me that the Renaissance-era films have basically had to fight to get a presence in the parks. Given their success in the 90's, you'd have thought they would have been itching to build e-tickets in the couple of years that followed, rather than the easy to throw together attractions that we got.
Because back in the 90’s WDI still built original concepts for the parks mostly.

HauntedMansionFLA

If you moved it's a small world to Epcot you could open up that area for a Tangled ride, a Snuggly Duckling restaurant and a proper Frozen attraction. Just saying.
Couldn’t Frozen go in where the speedway is located? Reconfigure the track setup and make it match up with SM and Tron. But you do have very good point. IASW would be great heading into WS.

Cesar R M

Tangled - Budget: $260M / Gross: $591M
Soundtrack: Peaked at 43 on Billboard, did win a Grammy for 'best song in visual medium' (for a song I never heard of)
Awards: Nominated for best song Academy Award (lost), two Golden Globes (lost), and a few other small critic nominations

Frozen - Budget: $150M / Gross: $1.267B
Soundtrack: #1 on Billboard, plus #1 single, and almost way too much else to mention, but briefly - won an Original Song Oscar, and two Grammy's, and broke so many sales records that the soundtrack itself has its own Wikipedia page for crying out loud, LOL
Awards: Again, too many to mention, and they too have their own Wikipedia page just because there were so many - 2 Oscars, including Best Animated Feature (Tangled didn't even get a courtesy nomination for that one), 2 Grammy's, Golden Globe for Best Animated Feature, British Academy Award for Best Animated Feature, and a few dozen other critic awards

When you stack up the two films - forgetting all the controversy around FEA's placement and scope, etc. - a nice little dark ride versus a parade float and a themed bathroom seem pretty commensurate with how well the films were individually received. ;)
The problem is, back then.. most "successfully" movies would get characters, parades..shows and even attractions, etc..
Now they hardly get upgrades mentioning them (Look at pixar content for example, at most they got meeteable characters. Not even zootopia which was pretty popular managed to get anything but frozen)..

The bar has been set to Frozen levels now to be something "worth adding" to the parks by executives.

Daveeeeed

The problem is, back then.. most "successfully" movies would get characters, parades..shows and even attractions, etc..
Now they hardly get upgrades mentioning them (Look at pixar content for example, at most they got meeteable characters. Not even zootopia which was pretty popular managed to get anything but frozen)..

The bar has been set to Frozen levels now to be something "worth adding" to the parks by executives.
I don't think so. I think it is nonsensical penny-pinching when it should be viewed as investment into greater profits.

Cesar R M

I don't think so. I think it is nonsensical penny-pinching when it should be viewed as investment into greater profits.
Well, current additions lined up are definitively only top tier franchises (Star Wars, Toy Story, Mickey, Frozen and Guardians of the Galaxy).

EricsBiscuit

I hope it doesn’t replace Dinosaur
You know what? I'm doing a 180. I just rode Dinosaur today. Some ceiling tiles had water damage. The displays in the queue had silver fish. The effects all worked fine but I just think how lacking it is compared to Indy. I want Indy and if they give Indy the correct treatment then it works in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom