Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Timothy_Q

Never been, but is cigarette smoke/smell as prevalent as it is made out to be by some?

Paris is one the most beautiful parks Disney has built. It's too bad it has the reputation it has.
In my 3 trips to DLP I regularly saw people smoking in the queues.
And if you don't pay attention, they will cut in front of you

Not to mention the infamous people inside fountains and gardens

cjkeating

Never been, but is cigarette smoke/smell as prevalent as it is made out to be by some?

Paris is one the most beautiful parks Disney has built. It's too bad it has the reputation it has.

Smoking is more engrained in French (and some European) culture so it isn't just the fault of DLP that it is quite normal to smoke anywhere/everywhere when outside.

cjkeating

In my 3 trips to DLP I regularly saw people smoking in the queues.
And if you don't pay attention, they will cut in front of you

Not to mention the infamous people inside fountains and gardens

I suppose it depends on how you personally class line cutting, if it is a part of a family catching up with the other part of their family then it will likely happen to you a couple of times a day (and I admit that does fit the definition of line cutting however doesn't both me too much). If it is entire groups of people just pushing past to get to the front I think that is quite unlikely however.

Both have happened to me at WDW so I don't think it is unique to Paris but probably more common.

The Empress Lilly

I've been noticing the smoke less and less in DLP.

Family unification line cutting remains prevalent. If people go to the toilet, they will split up, some go to the toilet, the others already go in line to hold their place.

Still not as bad as the throngs of people with front-of-line pass that enter through the handicapped entrance. Disney has never resolved this like they did in WDW.
A heartwarming sight. The sick, needy, autistic never have friends. Except at Disney, where each has eight inseparable ones.

Rich Brownn

I believe the show was called "The Wonderful World of Water Ski Show" that ran in the early 1970's.

008_-_water_skiing_show_-_day_20140202_1636921713.jpg
001_-_pluto_and_goofy_waterskiing_at_night_20140202_1697369882.jpg

Postcard
01110213.jpg

Another photo from 1972
Goofy%2BWater%2BSkiing%2B%25281972%2529.jpg

Yes! And the beach is still there :)

rnese

Here's the former ride..
Original Version

Updated version before it got removed.

I remember the attraction. I just thought that when they converted to the Princess M&G and renovated Pooh, they ate into the former attraction, shrinking it's footprint within the building.

rnese

If anything the M&G takes less space than SWSA did. It’s a self contained facility within the original rides footprint.
Soooooo........you're saying...work with me.......that if there were plans to build a Moana attraction in the former SWSA footprint, it could be done by the 50th anniversary. (I just watched your "Wonders of Life" tribute video yesterday on Youtube. Well done as always!)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Soooooo........you're saying...work with me.......that if there were plans to build a Moana attraction in the former SWSA footprint, it could be done by the 50th anniversary. (I just watched your "Wonders of Life" tribute video yesterday on Youtube. Well done as always!)
Thank you.

The meet and greet was always planned to be easily removal for another attraction, not that there are currently plans for this.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
No.

As has been said though, tobacco smoking in Europe is still as normal as walking around Epcot with a beer in hand is.

My experience was those who chose to partake cared not one iota if they lit up a cigarette or vaped anywhere in the parks. Even saw some do it in a queue, but that was a rare occurance.

There are signs that state smoking is prohibited everywhere but in designated areas. But then again, when seemingly every trash can has an ash tray on the top...

Anyway, back on topic... Ummm... what's this thread about again? ;)

jt04

Moana in Fantasyland? Liberty Square would make more sense.

Now Tangled or Sleeping Beauty or Brave is a different story.

Missing20K

I hear Paris is the worst when it comes to etiquette and respect for the park.

Disneyland Paris is wonderful. Hands down my favorite Magic Kingdom style park

I witnessed nothing more egregious in terms of guest behavior at DLP than I did at Uni Hollywood. Certainly had more people bump us in queue at the latter than the former. Didn't really notice the smoking either. Maybe I was too hopped up on the dust from being at arguably Disney's most beautiful park to notice, but I do tend to notice the smaller things.

This thread is really off the rails anyway so I might as well put my vote in for a Moana ride in the SWSA building.

jt04

I witnessed nothing more egregious in terms of guest behavior at DLP than I did at Uni Hollywood. Certainly had more people bump us in queue at the latter than the former. Didn't really notice the smoking either. Maybe I was too hopped up on the dust from being at arguably Disney's most beautiful park to notice, but I do tend to notice the smaller things.

This thread is really off the rails anyway so I might as well put my vote in for a Moana ride in the SWSA building.

There would be an uprising in the magical kingdom. Especially with the more appropriate tropical themed land a short stroll away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom