Is Harry Potter 2 a 2nd Charm?

DManRightHere

Original Poster
Sorry if the titles is terrible...

Basically I'm afraid to search the web too mucj or especially in these forums for this question as I have not been to the expansion and I want NO spoilers..

Is the Harry Potter expansion causing a second draw of crowds?

I would imagine it is not quite as popular as phase 1, but it should still be packing in the people. I'm actually kind of surprised when I check the wait times app as the bank ride is no where near summer times for FJ last year.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's been successful. Very successful. Just not as much as execs (wrongly to an extent) hoped.

Don't rely on wait times though. Gringotts has a huge capacity, a lot more than FJ. It is also becoming more reliable and running more cars than a month back. Not to mention all of Orlando seems to have had summer crowds suddenly leave.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Sorry if the titles is terrible...

Basically I'm afraid to search the web too mucj or especially in these forums for this question as I have not been to the expansion and I want NO spoilers..

Is the Harry Potter expansion causing a second draw of crowds?

I would imagine it is not quite as popular as phase 1, but it should still be packing in the people. I'm actually kind of surprised when I check the wait times app as the bank ride is no where near summer times for FJ last year.

All the kids just went back to school crowds are at one of the lowest times of the year. Even Soarin' gets down to 15 -20 minutes during parts of the day this time of year. You would have to look at the FJ time for September last year while school was in.

DManRightHere

Original Poster
Thanks.

I've been watching wait times throughout the summer, it didn't hit the 120+ except around when it first opened.

s8film40

I would say it is more successful than phase 1. If you spend some time in the area while the ride may have some long waits, what stands out to me is how much more food & merchandise there is. I don't think Diagon Alley needs the same number of people as Hogsmeade to be as successful. I would guess the execs don't care so much about how long the line for the ride is when all the lines for people spending money seem to be doing so well.

Milla4Prez66

Gringotts' wait times have been crazy until the past few weeks. Not as bad as FJ outside of the first week or two, but it's capacity is much higher.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Maybe I'm missing some key math concept, but from my estimates FJ beats Gringotts handily. FJ can do about 2000 an hour (4 people every 7 seconds) vs Gringotts's 1400 (24 people every 60).
That's because they launch more frequently than once a minute now (probably not when it first opened, though). I'd say 24 people every 30 seconds is more accurate, bringing it up to 2400.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I'd say 24 people every 30 seconds is more accurate, bringing it up to 2400.

That's simply not possible, as the first scene alone is longer than 30 seconds, plus the 15+ seconds it takes for the track to reset. In all my rides over the past couple months, I've never seen a second train enter the ride less than a minute after the one previous. It's often more like 1:20.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
That's simply not possible, as the first scene alone is longer than 30 seconds, plus the 15+ seconds it takes for the track to reset. In all my rides over the past couple months, I've never seen a second train enter the ride less than a minute after the one previous. It's often more like 1:20.
Then I'll defer to the expert knowledge of @marni1971, once he again graces us with his precence.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom