Is going to MNSSHP twice enough to see everything?

mike10

Original Poster
I just got tickets for MNSSHP for the 26th and the 28th so I was wondering is this enough time to do everything?

I don't care about the rides I just want to get pics with all the Disney characters in their costumes along with spending time with the villains/characters without feeling like I'm being rush to run to the next character spot to get photos done there.

I also want to be able to do all the all the special events of that night i.e trick or treating, fireworks, I believe a villains bash, and parade (I think) again without feeling like I have to run all over the place just to get things done that I want to do.

Thanks again.

Mukta

Twice is plenty. Once is probably enough unless you have small children slowing you down.
You can be there from 4 pm to close to 1 am.
Get a map and see where the characters and trick or treating spots are going to be.
Here is a copy of 2008's map
http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnsshp_08map.jpg
After the Villains Mix n Mingle stage show, they come down in front of the castle for pics. It is the best opportunity to get your picture taken with the villains.
See the second showing of the parade. It is less crowded.
If you are going to ride only one thing, make it the Haunted Mansion. It is well worth your time.
My favorite trick or treat spot is the Mark Twain.
Enjoy! :wave:

bgraham34

I think twice is more than enough. And as Yoda said if you skip the attractions you will see everything in one visit.

dreamfinder

If you don't do trick or treating, don't get your face painted, and don't do any rides you should be able to get just about everything in in one night. We got dwarves, Mickey Minnie, face painting, Mad Hatter, Buzz, Fireworks, Parade, HM, Baloo, Cinderellas coach ate dinner, hit up every candy stop at least once, and got about 10 different photopass shots done.

Some hard core character hunters I think were able to hit up all but a few in a single evening. See their report here -> http://sites.google.com/site/wdwcharacterhunt/home/specialevents/2010MNSSHPreport/

If you want a more leisure time, then yeah, two nights should be more than sufficient. I do strongly recommend seeking out some of the cooler photopass shots. The two sets of ghost photos by the HM are awesome, and the one by PoTC comes out awesome due to the lights/fog.

mike10

Original Poster
Well 2 days was just enough to do everything. Our first night we hit the entire east side of MK:

-Dwarves
-Donald and Daisy
-Mickey and Minnie
-Mad Hatter
-face paint
-Hook
-Snow white evil queen
-Cruelle de vil
-Queen of Hearts
-another villain I can't remember
-candy spots (east end

But no parade or fireworks.

2nd night:

-all candy spots (west end)
-both parades
-fireworks
-Malstro
-Princess and the frog evil guy
-Jarfar
-Cinderella coach
-Baloo and King Louie :) top right here
-Jasmine and Genie
-Timon
-Hook again
-Aladdin and Abu

Bottom line I saw from this is every event to buy two event days. When I go next time for either MNSSHP or MVMCP to buy two days worth. But had a blast on both days and the whole trip had the ups and downs but that is every trip.

RAXIP

Pretty impressive list. Only missed a few characters, based on your list.

- Alice
- Goofy, Pluto, Chip n Dale (Tomorrowland)
- Stitch (w/ 4 arms)
- Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore (Halloween Costumes)
- The Witch from Snow White
- Woody, Jessie & Bullseye
- The Princesses; Cinderella, Snow White & Aurora & their Princes
- Tarzan, Jane & Terk
- Rafiki
- Mr. Smee
- The Tremaines (Cinderella's Step-family)
- Tinker Bell & Friends
- Buzz Lightyear
- Tiana & Naveen

Not sure who Malstro is unless you mean Maleficent at the Mix & Mingle. Also Mickey & Minnie had two Halloween Costumes, Pirate & Princess and Magician & Witch. The difficulty with some of these characters is you just need to be at the right place at the right time, otherwise you may never know they've been there.

mike10

Original Poster
Pretty impressive list. Only missed a few characters, based on your list.

Not sure who Malstro is unless you mean Maleficent at the Mix & Mingle. Also Mickey & Minnie had two Halloween Costumes, Pirate & Princess and Magician & Witch. The difficulty with some of these characters is you just need to be at the right place at the right time, otherwise you may never know they've been there.

Lol yea it was late when I posted that night and just got in. So your right it was Maleficent plus others I completely forgot:

More the first night:

-Tink and friends

The second night:

-The Princes with the princess

-Pooh and friends in their costumes

-Mr. Smee (only took a pic of him)

I did see Witch from Snow White and I saw Woody and Jessie but my camara (iPhone) died on me at that time lol. Bulleye I missed I saw Tarzan with Jane and Terk but wasn't big into them so left they were right in Adventureland.

The others I saw earlier in the day: Alice, Goofy (no costume) Chip n Dale (no Costume, Pluto (no costume), Stitch (but no 4 arms), Rafiki, and The Tremaines. Tiana & Naveen I don't even know who that is but just goes to show I still missed quite a bit but still overall great

tink282010

Just a little bit of running around to get all of it done though, lol. There were a lot of characters that we had met earlier in the trip and we wanted our daughter to get pretty much all of them if possible, so we had to skip on some of them. We did end up getting Goofy in a Pirate costume later on in the trip though.

RAXIP

I figured you may have seen some during the day too. You pretty much did get to see everyone then. Tiana & Naveen are the stars of the Princess & the Frog, BTW.

Mukta

Our first night we hit the entire east side of MK:

-Dwarves
-Donald and Daisy
-Mickey and Minnie
-Mad Hatter
-face paint
-Hook
-Snow white evil queen
-Cruelle de vil
-Queen of Hearts
-another villain I can't remember
-candy spots (east end

But no parade or fireworks.
I'm a little surprised that this is all you were able to do. What time did you guys arrive and leave? Did you eat meals during that time also? Were you also riding rides?

NedFlanders

When we are at Disney during any of the partys we always get tickets to two nights... not because you really need that much time to do it all but because of the fear that 1 night could be rained out (which has happened on more than one occassion).

In general if you are willing to skip some of the rides and just focus on the meet and greet and other party specific things, 1 night is plenty of time....

The one thing you need to remember is that the biggest threat to your time is the meet and greets which depending on the character can be VERY long lines (worst ever was a captain jack sparrow line that sucked an hour and a half out of a pirate and princess party)...

Since you have two nights I would suggest you skip any meet and greet that has a long line the first night you are there and then on the second night go to those skipped meet and greets when you know lines will be shortest. During the parade is a good time to head to a popular meet and greet because that time and the last hour of the night will be the shortest lines.... also for the halloween party the area with the games is a mad house early on but becomes barren toward the end of the night when the younger kids start wearing out.

Also, the only rides worth going on are the ones that normally have a long line during the day. Don't waste precious time on a ride you could walk on during the day (something I've sadly done with the kids begging for the people mover or small world ride during a party).

One last thing, you might be tempted to load up on candy and it is very easy to do if you talking the halloween party.. but the down side is getting it all back home on the plane. Our first year going nuts at halloween we ended up having to get an extra suitcase to bring back the candy... not something I would do again especially now that most airline charge extra for each suitcase.

tink282010

I'm a little surprised that this is all you were able to do. What time did you guys arrive and leave? Did you eat meals during that time also? Were you also riding rides?

We arrived before the party started both nights, did not eat during that time (made sure our dinner reservations were for very early evening, closer to afternoon) and did not ride any rides except for HM once right before the party was done. We stayed both nights from before the party began until the party ended and the park closed completely. I'm sure my husband will go into more detail when he gets home though, lol.

ETA: I take that back. We did eat there (about 30 minutes or so) at like 11pm or so. Still so exhausted from the trip that I forgot, lol.

mike10

Original Poster

Here is the time line of what we did:

Day one-

6:15: arrived and waited in the Dwarves line.

7:30: Finally got through the line of the Dwarves

7:35: waited in the line for Daisy and Donald.

8:00: Finally made it pass the line for Daisy and Donald.

8:05: Face paint

8:20: waited in line for fairies

8:45: finished with the fairies

8:50: stand in line for Mickey and Minnie

9:15: finished there

9:20: waited in line for Mad Hatter

9:35: finished there

9:35 to 9:45: did Alice candy lane

10:05: walked over to Villains mix and mingle

10:20: got 3 of the villians: Hook and some guy from sleepy hollow I think, Queen of Hearts

10:30 to 10:55: Dinner

11:05 to 11:20: Villains mix and mingle: Cruella de vila and Queen from Snow White

11:30: got in line for Haunted Mansion

11:40: in line for the pics in front of the mansion

11:55: end of the night.

I don't see how anyone could do it all in one night unless your "running" all over the place to do it.

mike10

Original Poster
Villians at Mix & Mingle are Maleficent, Dr. Facilier (from Princess & the Frog) (w/ Frollo as an understudy), Jafar, Capt. Hook, Cruella DeVil, The Queen from Snow White and the Queen of Hearts.

Frollo! That is the other guy I got since the first night I went was (left to right) Maleficent, Frollo, Jafar, Captain Hook, Cruella DeVil, The Queen from Snow White and the Queen of Hearts just roaming.

Like you said with Frollo out there was Doctor Facilier. The only thing I was disappointed in was that they didn't sign autographs :cry:

RAXIP

You were pretty luck to see Frollo. I think that he was only in the show one night this year. It's also another reason to go two times, since you then got to see Dr. Facilier too.

I understand your feeling about autographs. Unfortunately, The High Demand of Rare Characters + Limited Time + The Darkness of Night = No Autographs

Mukta

Thanks for the timeline. That was very helpful. I think I get a lot more done because the lines aren't as long. I usually go in early September for one of the very first parties.
I have never had to wait in line for most of the characters on your list. There is usually one or two people in front of me and that's it. It's good to know that the party does get more crowded closer to Halloween.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom