Is Fantasmic worth the wait??

daverube

In all the years of going to the parks, we've (me and the soon-to-be-wife-to-be) never taken the time to see Fantasmic. This is not because the Disney "shows" don't interest us, it's just that we don't find that DS has enough to offer to spend the whole day. That being said, we're thinking of doing a 1/2 day at AK (morning) and a 1/2 day at DS, with a viewing of Fantasmic, followed by Dinner at Epcot. (We don't spend a whole day at AK either....we don't find it to be as fun as the other parks....then again, maybe EE will change our minds)

Questions:

1.) Is there time to get from DS (after Fantasmic) to Epcot for an 8:00 dinner ressie??

2.) Is Fantasmic really worth the wait?? (We're in our early 30s)

3.) If we decide to go, what time should we get in line to be sure to get good seats for Fantasmic?? (We would probably go on Thursday, November 2)

4.) Which are the "good" seats??

Thanks,

dave

TikiBeckie

I do not think you will have time to make an 8pm ressie since the show usually starts between 7 and 8...it is WELL worth seeing however, me and my DH are about your age and it is our favorite nighttime show in the world. I would get there at least 30-45 minutes prior to the show, and I have no advice about where to sit, we always end up in the middle top. HTH!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
After the 1st viewing I said no, since then we have watched itevery trip and love it.

We have sat in piddling rain only to have the show cancelled so yes it is worth the wait.

What times the show? cause it takes a while to get out if its a full house.

It is better in the centre closer to the front, but there are no real bad seats IMHO

Upvote 0

Disneyfanman

I'm a 45 year old cynical business executive and it's my daughter's and my favorite thing to do at WDW! It's a combination of over the top musical theater, special effects, awesome music, fireworks, lasers, projections, live action, and disney characters. In my opinion you will really enjoy it if you know something about the Disney animated films, particularly the musicals, and enjoy musical theater.

My wife enjoys fantasmic, but not nearly as much as I do. She doesn't like musical theater either.

We see Fantasmic EVERY YEAR at least once. I have the music on CD. I have a (bad) video clip on my computer of the entire show. The show elements change every time we see it as stuff sometimes is pulled for rehab, or effects don't go off as planned, and we always notice the differences.

If you like the Disney animated films, enjoy the music, and like theater, you will love Fantasmic. Go go go go go go. It's a must see. If any of the above don't apply, you may think it not worth the hassle.

Only a week to go! WDW here I come!

Upvote 0

coltow

Yes Yes 100 times Yes!! We go each and every trip. It's one of our highlights. I've never been in November but if I had to make a guess I'd say you'd need to be there at least 30 minutes in advance to get a seat. The best seats are in the middle, but to be honest we've been seated all the way at the sides before and it was still great. MAKE SURE YOU STAY UNTIL THE END!! My biggest pet peeve is when people try to duck out in order to get ahead of the crowd exiting....then you miss the best part. I'd also say it could take you 20-30 minutes to exit depending on your seats and the crowd.

Upvote 0

jonesenon4

:sohappy: fantasmic is more than worth the wait, also there are no bad seats but the closer to the center the better imho.as far as 8pm dinner ressies at epcot dont think that will happen if you stay for the show.but you should really try and catch even if you have to leave another park early just to catch the show. have a magical trip.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

I think Fantasmic is the best stage show or nighttime presentation in the parks. But I don't think you really have to invest a lot of time to see it. We always walk in about 5 minutes before the show starts and we usually end up in the Standing Room section to the right. Not only does this area provide a good view, but you are also one of the first people to exit at the end. And if you are using Disney Transportation, you will almost certainly be on the first bus sent in for the after Fantasmic crowds.

Upvote 0

splitdrums81

to let you know double check me but i think, if you are talking about this year-2006- fantasmic is down nov1 to nov8, you can double check me because im going to be down there oct 31 to nov 5, but i think i read its down from nov1 to nov8, but if you do see it another time yes it is worth the wait very very good show, too good

Upvote 0

splitdrums81

yeah could someone else help me to see if it is going to be refurbished anymore because now we cannot see where it said that and as i said were going down at the same time, so if someone knows for sure let me no thanks

Upvote 0

NadieMasK2

Worth it!

We are in our mid 30's and love it! Last trip we had grown men sitting next to us cheering for Mickey to overcome the villains! "You can do it Mickey!"

The dinner ressies won't work, it takes a long time to get out of the theater.

If there are 2 shows that night, the last show will be less crowded and you won't have to get there as early to get a decent seat. Probably about 30 minutes before.

We do a split AK/MGM day every trip. Works out great, end the day with F! Can't be beat!

Have fun!

Upvote 0

mighty mouse

According to allearsnet.com, Fantasmic will be down from November 1-8 with shows resuming on November 9th. As far as Fantasmic being worth the wait...definitely a show not to be missed. I have to see it whenever I'm at the Studios.

Upvote 0

MissM

daverube - I know just what you mean. We almost never end up spending time at MGM. It's just not a must-see for us. We're passholders and we've never managed to yet see it. I want to see it as I hear it's great. I just never feel like sitting around for two hours. :(

One of these days Love and I would like to see it but it's hard to justify that much wasted time personally.
-m

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

1.) Is there time to get from DS (after Fantasmic) to Epcot for an 8:00 dinner ressie??

2.) Is Fantasmic really worth the wait?? (We're in our early 30s)

3.) If we decide to go, what time should we get in line to be sure to get good seats for Fantasmic?? (We would probably go on Thursday, November 2)

4.) Which are the "good" seats??

1) No

2) ABSOLUTELY - We've sat for nearly 90 minutes at peak times to be sure to get a decent seat

3) All depends on how busy the parks are - to be sure of sitting where you want I would suggest minimum of 45 mins before show time.

4) Mickey (centre section) near the front

Upvote 0

Greenlawler

Funny How some of you are talking about "wasting park time" especially a passholder? I mean come on 30 minutes? We never feel like we wasted time after Fantasmic. Although we enjoy Disneyland's Peter Pan/ Hook version better than Disneyworld's John Smith/ Ratcliff

Upvote 0

ktflisa

DH and I have seen the show 4 times in our 9 trips together. I understand the hesitation to "waste" a couple of hours waiting for and seeing Fantasmic - we have felt that way before, too. But each time we do go see the show, we love it and are so glad we did! I don't think there's a bad seat in the house, but I'd guess anywhere in the center is a little better than way to the side...

Upvote 0

LaughingGravy

I'm a 45 year old cynical business executive and it's my daughter's and my favorite thing to do at WDW!
...Only a week to go! WDW here I come!

You gotta love that!

Regarding wasting any time, enjoy people watching with a snack. Enjoy atmosphere. Life is short. It goes by pretty quick. If you don't look carefully, you might miss it.

Upvote 0

MissM

Funny How some of you are talking about "wasting park time" especially a passholder? I mean come on 30 minutes?
It's never been 30 minutes when I'm there. It's always been 90 minutes to TWO HOURS. That's longer then it takes for me to drive home. And I live 90 miles away. It's just too much sitting around for me. I only get out there one day at a time, so to spend two hours waiting...it's just not worth the wait. Someday I do want to see it. I just don't want to spend that much of my day sitting around doing nothing.
-m

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom