Is Disney World actually going to leave Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMINYCR

I think it would be kind of a fun exercise to actually price out how much it would cost for Disney to entirely recreate itself elsewhere, based on the current amount they spend on building rides, restaurants, stores and transportation, etc. I’m assuming it would be somewhere in the trillions (and take a few decades to boot).
Enough to bankrupt them a thousand times over.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think it would be kind of a fun exercise to actually price out how much it would cost for Disney to entirely recreate itself elsewhere, based on the current amount they spend on building rides, restaurants, stores and transportation, etc. I’m assuming it would be somewhere in the trillions (and take a few decades to boot).
Shanghai Disney cost $5.5 billion which is in line with an inflation adjusted Epcot ($1.4 billion in 1982 is about $5 billion today).

So maybe $20 billion total for the 4 parks, another $1 billion total for the 2 water parks (Volcano bay was $500 million), another $5 billion for Disney Springs, and maybe $30 billion total for the 30 resorts… conservative estimate of $56 billion total, less than the Fox deal. Even at nearly double that estimate they could theoretically afford it at $100 billion.

Possible but unrealistic in any way since WDW is already built.

Gringrinngghost

Inside the Magic is claiming that Disney World will "leave" Florida. What does that mean? Are they actually going to close the resort and try to "move it" somewhere else?
Yes. They are going to take a page out of Futurama.

1685318101019.png

DisneyHead123

Shanghai Disney cost $5.5 billion which is in line with an inflation adjusted Epcot ($1.4 billion in 1982 is about $5 billion today).

So maybe $20 billion total for the 4 parks, another $1 billion total for the 2 water parks (Volcano bay was $500 million), another $5 billion for Disney Springs, and maybe $30 billion total for the 30 resorts… conservative estimate of $56 billion total, less than the Fox deal. Even at nearly double that estimate they could theoretically afford it at $100 billion.

Possible but unrealistic in any way since WDW is already built.
Interesting. Did the exchange rate come into play when Shanghai Disney was being built though? 100 billion is honestly far far less than I would have guessed to rebuild Disney in the US, but maybe it’s “cheaper” (relatively) than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom