Is Disney World actually going to leave Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Inside the Magic is claiming that Disney World will "leave" Florida. What does that mean? Are they actually going to close the resort and try to "move it" somewhere else?

rct247

Did you read the article? It's clickbait.

- The "piece of Main Street" is a home for sale in New York that is on the market for a very high price that has a style reminiscent of Main Street USA. Not really any other connection.
- The link to the "rumors suggesting" Walt Disney World would leave Florida, point to their own article of when North Carolina invited Disney to move there.

Last edited:

mf1972

seriously doubt it. besides the fact they just built 2 new attractions & current construction going on, i can’t imagine how long it’ll take them to duplicate all that somewhere else. if it did happen, it’ll take years to complete.

WorldExplorer

Yes.

They're debating if they're going to sprinkle everything with pixie dust and just have it float away, hook a big helicopter to each park icon and just pull up the whole thing with them, or go with the tried and true "push it somewhere else" method.

There's a lot of strategic planning going into it. Might take a week or so to pull off the whole thing off.

(Can't believe this is a thing being brought up.)

DisneyHead123

I think it would be kind of a fun exercise to actually price out how much it would cost for Disney to entirely recreate itself elsewhere, based on the current amount they spend on building rides, restaurants, stores and transportation, etc. I’m assuming it would be somewhere in the trillions (and take a few decades to boot).

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Inside the Magic is claiming that Disney World will "leave" Florida. What does that mean? Are they actually going to close the resort and try to "move it" somewhere else?

No Way Beer GIF by Busch

Cmdr_Crimson

Yes, and Six Flags will buy it all up and you can finally say goodbye to park music being taken over by uproarious top 40 music and see the world's largest Takis advertising banner wrapped around Spaceship Eart..Oops I mean Time Machine Ball of Rock and Roll!
fished-in-waynes-world.gif

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
Yes, and Six Flags will buy it all up and you can finally say goodbye to park music being taken over by uproarious top 40 music and see the world's largest Takis advertising banner wrapped around Spaceship Eart..Oops I mean Time Machine Ball of Rock and Roll!
fished-in-waynes-world.gif
Six Flags will never buy Disney IRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom