Is Disney loosing its magic

goofyman

Originally posted by MinnieFan
All anyone has to do is read the trip reports to find that Disney is NOT loosing it's magic. It is up to us to keep it alive. If all we do is nag about this and that we loose some of the magic within ourselves. If we go to the parks looking for whats wrong with Disney, we loose some of the magic.

Just the fact that we all love this site seems to prove that the Magic is alive and well.

We have people planning each and every moment for a WDW trip that is 6 months, 1 or even 3 years away. I don't know to many people who do that for other destinations.

For me, the Magic is still strong!

Oh, only 56 more days for me.

I agree. And with alot of other staments made here. We have been to WDW 5 time and just bought Vacation club last year which is wonderful. each time we have gone it's been a different time of year and you notice different things from that ( Like lines) But, it wasn't until I started in these forums that I was looking for things to be wrong. Then I realized that was the only reason I was looking, because I heard it here. So, I look no longer and go for the MAGIC and love of it. The Magic is there and will be. We might just want to stop looking so hard:D :D :D :cool:

conntom

I think acellis_99 is right yes Disney must improvement some
things but as for the magic being gone no way.
I do hope it will improve. But the Magic is there still just look.
I love Disney and I will forevery I hope
:) :) :) :) :) :)

dreamer

Originally posted by bearboysnc

OMG wash your mouth out!:mad:

Disney is a byproduct of our affluent leisure culture. When that culture/society falls (and every one before it has fallen) so will Disney.

But I bought into DVC, which tells you I'm betting it won't happen in the next 40 years.

Maybe the US of America will be replaced by the US of Disney. "I pledge allegiance to the mouse ... and to the vacations for which he stands..." Monorails everywhere. Parades in every town at night. Fireworks. CM's running the towns. It would be like DULAC in Shrek. The perfect society. :lookaroun :lookaroun

Erika

Re: Re: Is Disney loosing its magic

Originally posted by Tramp

...could it be that those of us who visit so often are simply becoming too familiar with the place?...

...the more we visit, the more critical we become, the more attention we pay to detail, the less overwhelmed we are and the less 'magical' it seems. So maybe it's a combination of aging attractions and aging people!:lol:

...very seldom does anything live up to your expectations or is as exciting, the second time around. (an exception might be a second marriage) Of course, you may be right, maybe Disney is just losing it but that may be more due to the economic downturn and prudent cutbacks than losing it's magic.:)

Well said, Tramp! I won't even bother to add anything :lol:

Stellajack

Disney Magic

Sadly, Disney IS definitely losing its magic! Why? We confess! My family returned 9/24 from a wonderfully MAGIC time there, and yep, WE DID IT! We actually carried some of the magic OUT OF THERE WHEN WE LEFT! How else could we be expected to survive until our next trip? Does one actually experience Fantasmic without getting a drop or two of magic on you? Imagine what WDW is going to be like for generations to come when ALL the magic is carried away bit by bit. Hurry, let's all 'Wish upon a Star'!:animwink:

emmagata

Re: Disney Magic

Originally posted by Stellajack
Sadly, Disney IS definitely losing its magic! Why? We confess! My family returned 9/24 from a wonderfully MAGIC time there, and yep, WE DID IT! We actually carried some of the magic OUT OF THERE WHEN WE LEFT! How else could we be expected to survive until our next trip? Does one actually experience Fantasmic without getting a drop or two of magic on you? Imagine what WDW is going to be like for generations to come when ALL the magic is carried away bit by bit. Hurry, let's all 'Wish upon a Star'!:animwink:

While we may take some magic with us when we leave,
the excitement that builds as we anticipate and plan for our next visit replenishes the magic that we took and creates even more magic to give back when we step foot onto Main Street once again.

cymbaldiva

Re: Re: Is Disney loosing its magic

Originally posted by Tramp

...could it be that those of us who visit so often are simply becoming too familiar with the place?...

...the more we visit, the more critical we become, the more attention we pay to detail, the less overwhelmed we are and the less 'magical' it seems. So maybe it's a combination of aging attractions and aging people!:lol:

...very seldom does anything live up to your expectations or is as exciting, the second time around. (an exception might be a second marriage) Of course, you may be right, maybe Disney is just losing it but that may be more due to the economic downturn and prudent cutbacks than losing it's magic.:)

Tramp, I'm sooo happy to see you back!! :sohappy:

Please don't hate me....I'm not disagreeing with what you say at all - it's just that for me it's not familiarity that is the problem.

There's just something... I can't really put my finger on it...I guess it's things like MVMCP going from real WDW sugar cookies to icky store bought ones (of course, we all know how I feel about the cookies! :D ) to not even getting straws anymore at the moderates - last time I was there anyway - please do tell me if I'm wrong.

As far as the attractions aging, of course they are just as we are - I still feel that a little rehab wouldn't hurt :) There are just so many changes and so many don't seem for the better :(

I'm troubled now - I must take a moment

Tramp

Re: Re: Re: Is Disney loosing its magic

Originally posted by cymbaldiva

Tramp, I'm sooo happy to see you back!! :sohappy:

Please don't hate me....I'm not disagreeing with what you say at all - it's just that for me it's not familiarity that is the problem.

...Thanks hon...nice to see you too...and why would I hate you for voicing your opinion....the name is TRAMP, not Yankeefan...and I'm not that closed-minded about anything that I can't be persuaded ...

...well, I can understand your cookie fetish cuz when it comes to sinful treats, don't mess with a good thing!:lol: ...funny how the simple things, like straws, are the most annoying.

...some attractions, admittedly, look tired...Jungle Cruise, for example, could use some state of the art upgrades as could many of the attractions....I guess by theme park standards, the aging process really took off in recent years and attractions that we once considered high tech, appear to have a very elementary appeal to them...

...perhaps the answer to all this lies within our own unique definition of MAGIC and a consensus will never be reached. If we could only experience WDW for the first time again, maybe the dilemma of whether or not the "Magic" still exists, would be resolved.:)

cymbaldiva

Your post did make me start to really think...

I know I have major issues with some of the changes, but maybe it's a smidge with familiarity too...I mean, nothing will ever be like the first time :)

Just think about it..what if every time you visited the parks it was like the very first time - WOW!!! That would be such an amazing rush!!!

I had not been to WDW in over 20 years until last year. My wife and I went without any kids, and we had a blast. We are going back this December for 11 days. Our stay at Boardwalk was great, all the cast members were very friendly, and we can't wait to go back, this year to the Grand Floridian.

Some thoughts on WDW losing its' magic. I think that there are a lot of people here who have experienced the parks perhaps too many times. Familiarity breeds contempt? To the occasional visitor, the parks are alive with "Disney Magic". The thought of losing that magic hadn't even occured to me until I read this thread. The habitual WDW goer perhaps starts to see the fading paint, the sameness of the rides, the man behind the mouse, so to speak.

Also, I think the constant dissection and analysis of absolutely everything at WDW on these boards can lead to folks looking too deeply into the "magic" of the parks. Once you learned the truth about Santa Claus, was Christmas ever the same? I think here on the boards so much discussion goes on about every detail, that when some people go to WDW, they can't help but cast a critical eye on the experience.

Relax. Take WDW for what it is. A great big funhouse, loaded with adventures that the average man, woman and child experience only a few times in their lives.

mickeyfanatics

I will say that in some areas, Disney is "hiding" some of its magic. I know it is still there, because for every time I go to the parks and have a "bad" or "unmagical" experience, then I somehow have at least 3 "very magical" experiences to make up for it. It is weird and cyclical like that. I do not go to the parks looking for "bad" things. I just mention them to Disney when I find them in my normal day. In almost every letter I write them, I include the following line:

I want you to know that there are many more great things at WDW that made my day magical. I only mention the "unmagical" areas so that other guests experiences will not be ruined.

I had a bad experience with getting into EPCOT, and with the food prices and portion sizes one day. A few weeks later, I was at MGM and the host at the Brown Derby found me a reservation time convenient for me, and it also had Fantasmic reserved seats. The magic makes up for the lack of it before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom