Is Cindy's Really Worth It??

savannahsmiles

Is it really worth me getting up at 7a possibly 5 days in a row to try to get a PS to eat breakfast with Cindy?? We have never bothered with it before, but my daughter and I decided we needed to see what all the hipe was about!!

Do you even mess with requesting a time, or just take what you can get?

Am I insane to even try??

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Disneyfalcon

Worth getting up early a few mornings? Absolutely. The atmosphere and character interactions are like nowhere else.

When you call, quickly say Cinderellas for XX(how many), earliest time possible. At that time in the morning, they know what date you want - 90 days out - so don't waste time with pleasantries and extra info. After the cm confirms you have a table you can chat!

You are not insane to try! You might get it!

Upvote 0

Raven66

We were just wondering the same thing for our trip in May. Last time we did Chef Mickeys and had a great time. But now we are considering Cinderella. From what we heard there is no guarantee that she will even be there. Is this true?

Upvote 0

DisneyBound

I believe they dont guarantee certain characters but every time we have been there it has been the same. Maybe they do so just in case something would happen? Its always been Cinderella, Aurora, Belle and mary poppins when we have gone.

Definitely worth getting up for!! The decor up there is fabulous :)

Upvote 0

susieQ

It is SO worth it, especially if you have a "princess loving" child! Cinderella has been there every time we have been the other princesses tend to change, but not Cinderella. We have had at one setting, Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, and Aurora. My husband calls at 7:00am exactly 90 days in advance and requests the earliest reservation. We try to get the earliest for several reasons...very good parking if you are driving to MK (we had spot #1 last Feb), the dining room is slow to fill up, so you may get more than one visit from a princess, your reservation also allows you entrance into the park before others, so Main Street is almost completely empty! A great castle picture time! My daughter, 3 wore her Cinderella dress and was dancing her way down Main Street with the Disney music in the backgroud on a beautiful sunny day for her "date" with the princesses! What a moment!
Regardless if you have a little one with you or not, the atmosphere is wonderful, the food is nice, with a very low princess to child ratio, and a chance to say that you were in the castle!
I would highly recommend trying it out! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

nicholas

Originally posted by susieQ
My daughter, 3 wore her Cinderella dress and was dancing her way down Main Street with the Disney music in the backgroud on a beautiful sunny day for her "date" with the princesses! What a moment!

Does anything get more adorable than that? I don't think so.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by DisneyBound
I believe they dont guarantee certain characters but every time we have been there it has been the same. Maybe they do so just in case something would happen? Its always been Cinderella, Aurora, Belle and mary poppins when we have gone.

Definitely worth getting up for!! The decor up there is fabulous :)

There should never be a guarantee of which characters will be at which locations.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

They definately don't like to guarantee any characters. I don't think they guarantee Chef Mickey at Chef Mickey's!:lol: They don't want people blaming them if something happens and a character couldn't make it.

Cindy would be there unless something crazy happened. We've also seen Belle, Snow White, Aurora, and Mary Poppins. The fairy godmother is often in the lobby.

Upvote 0

vanryan

We saw Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine, and Snow White. They are amazing because I didn't expect them to play their roles so perfectly. Thye interacted with my kids, staying in character the whole time. Wonderful actresses!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

defiantely worth it! we did this for the first time two summers ago with 5 kids, 3 girls ages 2-7! They all wore their princess dresses and had wonderful photo op's early in the am, empty mainstreet usa makes for wonderful memories and photos! The best thing we did was to bring a bag of regular clothes for the girls and after the delicious breakfast, we changed them into regular clothes in the spacious restroom at the top of the castle, then we stored the princess outfits in a locker til we left the park. I think the kids just finished up the last of the Mickey confetti from the castle breakfast! so YES! Its definately worth it for the young and young at heart~!

Upvote 0

R&RsMom

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the breakfast w/Cindy? Before our last trip I tried calling every day for 6 days beginning with 90 days out before 7am and kept getting a busy signal and by the time I go through at about 7:05-7:10 am there was nothing available. My daughter is really into the princesses so I really want to get it for our next trip later this year.

Upvote 0

MichRX7

Premium Member
Most definately worth it. We were just there in December. My 5 y/old grand-daughter, 4 y/old son and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

It's the first time I ever saw my granddaughter's smile reach ear-to-ear and her jaw hit the floor in unison.

Upvote 0

savannahsmiles

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback! Looks like I am getting up at 7a!!

One question...is it 90 days out, or 60 days out?? Some guide books and websites say 60 - some say 90.

My daughter is 11 years old, but loves Disney! I can't say she will be wearing a princess dress, but we will be both be star struck for sure!!

Upvote 0

susieQ

My husband's tip for getting a reservation is to start dialing at 6:50am and just keep pressing redial until you finally get to speak to someone. It does take some dedication! He starts calling at this time in the morning for 90 days in advance of our first full day in Disney, in case he can't get that 1st morning, then he will try the next morning at 6:50am for the 2nd morning at Disney and so on...Luckily we visit Disney at a fairly "quiet" time of the year so it hasn't been too terribly difficult +++(knock on wood) !
Good Luck!

Upvote 0

KentB3

Originally posted by Disneyfalcon
It's 90 days now. It changed back in August and not all the guidebooks are up to date yet. Good luck!

Has the increase from 60 to 90 days made it any easier to get PS than it was before? According to the Unoficial Guide to WDW, it was nearly impossible when PS time for CRT was 60 days, especially during the summer months!

Upvote 0

Murky

I just booked for a trip in early March and have therefore missed the 90 day early call (although as I am in the uk the PS phone lines open at noon :D ). Funnily enough, when I enquired, there werent any PS available for the duration of our stay (14 nights).

Does anyone know what the chances are of being able to 'walk up' on the day, or if I should just keep checking when I get there for any cancellations ?

All help will be greatly appreciated - one Princess crazy 3yr old has decided she IS going there :eek:

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Does anyone know what the chances are of being able to 'walk up' on the day, or if I should just keep checking when I get there for any cancellations ?

I finally got reservations about a week before we went in October of last year. "If at first you don't succeed, try and try again"!!

You just might get lucky.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

YES!!! Try and try and get a ressie. I don't know what was more fun, waiting at the front gate to get in and seeing all the little princesses in full princess regalia or sitting at table when the big princesses arrive and hearing the room OOOOOOOO enmasse. We went for my bro's 40th, (yes 40th) birthday. What an experience. It took us 3 trips to finally get there and it was totally worth it. We even got to see the rope drop at Fantasyland that morning. (We have teenagers who are not easy to get out of bed.) We were the first 3 on Peter Pan as well. While leaving the castle after breakfast, a little girl dozing in her father's arms were in the waiting to be seated area in the castle. There names were called and they started for the stairs. The little girl said "Daddy, are we going to see Cinderellellella?" From that point on, that's what we call her. TRY, TRY, TRY, to get that ressie.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom