Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't see how they are any higher than the competition? Did I miss something?

What I do see is that people are not liking the nickel and diming of the experience once in or the hassle.
What competition are you talking about? We don’t go to Universal or any place comparable to WDW for our theme park vacations.

The nickel and diming is an issue but it’s related directly to costs. I thought we were talking about giving tips to new people or buying tickets before planning.

celluloid

What competition are you talking about? We don’t go to Universal or any place comparable to WDW for our theme park vacations.

The nickel and diming is an issue but it’s related directly to costs. I thought we were talking about giving tips to new people or buying tickets before planning.

Whether you go there or not, that is the competition in the market, so Disney is not going to go below that. Market speaking, their cost of admission is right on the money. Operationally once there, it is not.

So their admission prices are not egregious for their market, it is what people are seeing the value in after going.

Yes, giving tips to people who people who have never been, or not have not been in a while. 2018 to now is a very different world at Walt Disney World. 2010 to now is vastly different in planning.

Chi84

Premium Member
Whether you go there or not, that is the competition in the market, so Disney is not going to go below that. Market speaking, their cost of admission is right on the money. Operationally once there, it is not.

So their admission prices are not egregious for their market, it is what people are seeing the value in after going.

Yes, giving tips to people who people who have never been, or not have not been in a while. 2018 to now is a very different world at Walt Disney World. 2010 to now is vastly different in planning.
I would imagine that very few people expect a place like WDW to be the same as in 2010 or 2018. If you’re talking about people who buy tickets first and then find out they need dining reservations or that the parks close early for Christmas parties, that information is readily available on the website, from travel agents and just general news sources. Also, dining reservations to popular places have been required since I can remember and the I think the parks started closing early for parties in the ‘90’s.

celluloid

I would imagine that very few people expect a place like WDW to be the same as in 2010 or 2018. If you’re talking about people who buy tickets first and then find out they need dining reservations or that the parks close early for Christmas parties, that information is readily available on the website, from travel agents and just general news sources. Also, dining reservations to popular places have been required since I can remember and the I think the parks started closing early for parties in the ‘90’s.

Much more limited than the ratio prior. This is part of what changed since 2018.

The infrastructure.

Making the most with lowest amount of staffing possible has taken an extreme with real time data being very different. The bigger reason behind the investment of "nextgen" media and day specific ticketing and reservations.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
This advertisement is all over the place

1714954861539.png

LSLS

Not really. Why would one have to have planned their park itinerary before purchasing park tickets? I don’t.
Wait really? I mean, I get now that you've been. But if you are thinking of going to a new place for the first time, you don't do a bunch of research on what is there, how you would go around, best things to do, etc.? I mean when we went on a cruise for the first time, I had looked into the kids areas, the pools, bars, things to do, where they go, what the ports are like (including where to go, what to avoid), the shows, and the dining before I even looked at potential dates let alone bought tickets.

I mean, I don't disagree that if someone has already bought, I'd give my own advice on places to eat, where to go when, and a lot to avoid, but I just can't imagine a first time person just buying tickets on a whim without asking for any advice/planning some things.

LittleBuford

Wait really? I mean, I get now that you've been. But if you are thinking of going to a new place for the first time, you don't do a bunch of research on what is there, how you would go around, best things to do, etc.? I mean when we went on a cruise for the first time, I had looked into the kids areas, the pools, bars, things to do, where they go, what the ports are like (including where to go, what to avoid), the shows, and the dining before I even looked at potential dates let alone bought tickets.

I mean, I don't disagree that if someone has already bought, I'd give my own advice on places to eat, where to go when, and a lot to avoid, but I just can't imagine a first time person just buying tickets on a whim without asking for any advice/planning some things.
I don’t expect a person who’s bought, say, a three-day Park Hopper ticket to have planned out their itinerary for each day before making their purchase. Just look at this very forum, which is full of planning questions from people who’ve already booked their trips.

Nevermore525

I don’t expect a person who’s bought, say, a three-day Park Hopper ticket to have planned out their itinerary for each day before making their purchase. Just look at this very forum, which is full of planning questions from people who’ve already booked their trips.
Just bought those exact tickets this week for my trip in June.

As someone who previously was the one booking all the ADRs, FP+ I appreciate not having to over structure a Disney trip before I even get there.

IanDLBZF

Disney CEO Bob Iger says that theme park demand is softening from peak post-COVID travel​

I’m not sure if this is going to be the case, but does anyone else think that the Boycotts, Divestments, and Sanctions (BDS) movement is going to have a major impact on Park attendance?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom