Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

Sure. If people are swapping out WDW for DCL, Disney wins either way. Too bad Universal doesn't have a cruise line.... yet.
Cruise Line is a huge $$ for TWDC hence more ships are bring built. Slim chance to none I think UNI will get into the cruise business. We enjoyed our cruises on the Wonder and Castaway Cay is a wonderful place to visit. We learned behind the trees on the long plane runway to get to the adult beach ( which was used in the heydays of transporting product to the USA in the 1970-80s before Disney took over the island ), cast members live in simple trailers on the island.

celluloid

Animal Kingdom would almost be foolish. You see so many backtracking in it all from guests with Genie Plus.

Besides Avatar throughput of capacity at attractions is so good its a waste and you will spend more time walking back and forth trying to fit everything in than just hitting things in order after Pandora and seeing what you want.

DisneyDebRob

There are 8 of us (plus 2 under 3 years old) for our next trip. With the price increases and using the LLs about the same as last time, I’m figuring between $1,500 added to the vacation. That’s eye-opening.
That extra 1500 could buy so many things. I just rented a house on the sound, off season first week of October on the Outer Banks. 5 bedrooms.. 3 balcony’s looking over the sound. 4 full baths .. for a full week it cost 1300. It’s not Disney for the kids I understand that, I’m just trying to make a point. The only thing I need to worry about is food money. Disney has priced me out and I’m learning that I’m enjoying other places for so much less money.

Nubs70

A common misconception of AI is that it will bring on a world of 100% predictive correlation.

AI is at best ex post and will never be ex ante.

Chi84

Premium Member
That extra 1500 could buy so many things. I just rented a house on the sound, off season first week of October on the Outer Banks. 5 bedrooms.. 3 balcony’s looking over the sound. 4 full baths .. for a full week it cost 1300. It’s not Disney for the kids I understand that, I’m just trying to make a point. The only thing I need to worry about is food money. Disney has priced me out and I’m learning that I’m enjoying other places for so much less money.
We do too! But we still like Disney.

BrianLo

They are planning at least two more Triton class ships and opening another private resort. Sounds like they are also getting more coming down. I think Disney knows they have a niche market in the cruise business, but even that niche is growing.

I think the deeper question is why is the cruise industry as a whole booming in Florida if the theme park business isn't. Why the shift?

I meant asleep at the wheel at WDW and USO. The latter is not quite prepared for its original parks to match Epic. Though I realize and think there is more that’s going to happen on an earlier timeframe than we anticipate, in both cases. Not that there is much either operator can do to change a third competitor literally rolling up to the shore for their same demo.

I think one part is cost (Royal is still for the moment a significant cost advantage from DCL and quite significant from either set of parks). The second is good year on year comparators. They are really 18 months behind the parks in terms of their business return. The comps start to lessen in their favour in the Spring. The third is that cruises seem to be transitioning to a new generation and therefore additive customers.

The fourth is that the parks are in fact still financially booming. Something that is getting a bit swept under the rug in this thread.

surfsupdon

At MK last night, it was a pretty busy crowd. They had electronic problems that couldn’t accept/read Dining Plan cards or Group Dine cards or gift cards. You had to use credit or cash.

So Disney charged me once for my Dine Card to cover meals, then said sorry you can’t use this, pay out of pocket! It was ridiculous! Oh Disney.

DisneyHead123

At MK last night, it was a pretty busy crowd. They had electronic problems that couldn’t accept/read Dining Plan cards or Group Dine cards or gift cards. You had to use credit or cash.

So Disney charged me once for my Dine Card to cover meals, then said sorry you can’t use this, pay out of pocket! It was ridiculous! Oh Disney.
I would contact customer service and maybe they will refund you. (Although it shouldn’t be on you to spend valuable time doing that either.) That’s really unacceptable.

MR.Dis

Animal Kingdom would almost be foolish. You see so many backtracking in it all from guests with Genie Plus.

Besides Avatar throughput of capacity at attractions is so good its a waste and you will spend more time walking back and forth trying to fit everything in than just hitting things in order after Pandora and seeing what you want.
Here is an idea, why not actually fully build out AK with another dozen plus attractions. That way, there might actually be a reason to buy Genie+--you know spend money to make money. I learned this as a Freshman at the state college I went to way back in 1972. I guess the Ivy schools that Disney execs went to did not teach this, go figure.

celluloid

Here is an idea, why not actually fully build out AK with another dozen plus attractions. That way, there might actually be a reason to buy Genie+--you know spend money to make money. I learned this as a Freshman at the state college I went to way back in 1972. I guess the Ivy schools that Disney execs went to did not teach this, go figure.

They misuse and overestimate what a mature product is too(Bob Iger has been good at this since he arrived)

Lilofan

What Ivy League schools? Iger went to Ithaca College then got his first job at ABC earning $150 per week. Eisner went to Denison. Some may not know even what states these schools are in.

Tony the Tigger

Oh it is still running, but it is a pay for service operated by Mears. Baggage handling is not included, which was the case before Disney's Magical Express, as Mears was around then too. Round trip transfers currently run about $33.00 per adult as of the last time I booked this. Marie
Round trip? That’s a lot less than an Uber. I’ll have to look into this for my quick visit next week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom