Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Splash4eva

The stock hung at the same
since the savior reappointed himself

Contrary to the S&P

There’s a direct correlation between this great gain and the buyback…the only thing guaranteed to juice a stock price. It’s steroids. Pretty simple.

The dividend was put there before…and the D+ prognostications have been around so long Wall Street got tired of them.

Not alot of money in any stream. It’s the buybacks.

The thing about buybacks is the investor expects more and more. It’s how companies become upside down…draining cash and racking debt so the shares go up.
Ive posted numbers before and this short term “success” people are touting is comical DIS has grossly underperformed during one of the biggest bull runs in history been dead money for anyone who has owned the stock not to mention the cost of missed opportunities elsewhere. As the saying goes people defending and talking up their position… plain & simple

BuddyThomas

Ive posted numbers before and this short term “success” people are touting is comical DIS has grossly underperformed during one of the biggest bull runs in history been dead money for anyone who has owned the stock not to mention the cost of missed opportunities elsewhere. As the saying goes people defending and talking up their position… plain & simple
How horrifying.

Dranth

The stock hung at the same
since the savior reappointed himself

Contrary to the S&P

There’s a direct correlation between this great gain and the buyback…the only thing guaranteed to juice a stock price. It’s steroids. Pretty simple.

The dividend was put there before…and the D+ prognostications have been around so long Wall Street got tired of them.

Not alot of money in any stream. It’s the buybacks.
Again, I don't disagree with you other than the assertion that buy backs are the ONLY reason. I don't even disagree that they may be the biggest reason. I just feel there is room for debate on how much vs. other factors.

The thing about buybacks is the investor expects more and more. It’s how companies become upside down…draining cash and racking debt so the shares go up.
Buybacks are almost never a good thing for the consumer and I think this one is a mistake but, from a business perspective, they can be done well and Disney has the cash flow to do this without increasing debt. Again, I don't think they should but unfortunately that is the system we have so more often than not shareholders come first, consumers come second.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Again, I don't disagree with you other than the assertion that buy backs are the ONLY reason. I don't even disagree that they may be the biggest reason. I just feel there is room for debate on how much vs. other factors.

Buybacks are almost never a good thing for the consumer and I think this one is a mistake but, from a business perspective, they can be done well and Disney has the cash flow to do this without increasing debt. Again, I don't think they should but unfortunately that is the system we have so more often than not shareholders come first, consumers come second.
The buybacks are to save bobs job…plain and simple

The question is in a month…or six months…or a couple of years…what will that get us?

Be afraid

Dranth

Like I said before, it all depends on the time frame. You say it grossly underperformed and you would be correct looking over the specific time frame you have chosen to use. Great, but doesn't that seem like a bad time frame if trying to judge current management by the stock price (which many have tried to do)? So, looking at it just since Iger returned, which seems like a more reasonable time line to me, the stock is still under performing but it is much closer to the rest of the market than people try to make it out to be.

NONE of that is a defense of Iger.

Splash4eva

Like I said before, it all depends on the time frame. You say it grossly underperformed and you would be correct looking over the specific time frame you have chosen to use. Great, but doesn't that seem like a bad time frame if trying to judge current management by the stock price (which many have tried to do)? So, looking at it just since Iger returned, which seems like a more reasonable time line to me, the stock is still under performing but it is much closer to the rest of the market than people try to make it out to be.

NONE of that is a defense of Iger.
Of course we can make numbers and performances look better or worse if we want them too… but when you pick multiple time frames and make comparisons you pretty much get the same results… and i know the dividend is back but lets not forget we lost it for a decent amount of time …

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Back to the topic of this thread - a bevy of sudden spring/summer discounts have been announced, to Floridians and non-Floridians alike.

Did the Farmer’s Almanac predict an unusually hot summer?
More unprecedented demand
Crowd calendar average to above average for the summer--IMO Disney just trying to pack in more people to make a $$$$$$$$$$ has nothing to do with the weather
Their summer attendance gets softer every year. And they can’t blame Covid anymore

Out of excuses. People still travel in the summer. Universal will be packed in 2025

It’s the product for the price

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Probably those not wanting to pay the high prices and go through the stress of a Disney vacation with little new offerings and a lot being removed over the last few years

Let’s not forget inflation and most salaries not keeping up with it, so many choose to take a year off or do a less expensive trip elsewhere

Last edited by a moderator:

el_super

Crowd calendar average to above average for the summer--IMO Disney just trying to pack in more people to make a $$$$$$$$$$ has nothing to do with the weather

I'm not able to keep up.... why is Disney a monster today? Making the park completely intolerable for anyone to visit or packing too many people that want to go into it?

Nubs70

The buybacks are to save bobs job…plain and simple

The question is in a month…or six months…or a couple of years…what will that get us?

Be afraid
The buy backs may have had a little influence on stock price, However, the pressure from Petlz is having a greater effect.
Bob has finally been putting out expansion plans which Wall Street sees as expectations. If the plans come to fruition, that's a whole different story.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The buy backs may have had a little influence on stock price, However, the pressure from Petlz is having a greater effect.
Bob has finally been putting out expansion plans which Wall Street sees as expectations. If the plans come to fruition, that's a whole different story.
Wall Street loves it when a company says they’re gonna make more money…but they hate it when it costs money to do so.

I wouldn’t trust that just yet

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom