Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Oh, you mean that stock price which has basically stagnated since Bob announced a dividend, thinking that's all the stock analysts needed to start boosting the price like before? Thanks be to Bob!!!
the stock price is obviously a direct reflection of how crowded WDW is. Raising the G+ prices today hopefully will help with record profits again. No need to do anything... they got this...everything is fine.

I hear they are investing billions and could be adding 7 new full lands in Orlando soon too! Drawings will probably be released at D23 of what they are thinking of. Can't wait! Do I renew my AP now or wait until 2045?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"Mobbed" is perception, and many things can be done to alter that perception and make things feel crowded. It wasn't mobbed when I was there. Nothing was more than a 45 minute wait the entire day, except for Peter Pan and 7DMT, which both never got to more than 65 minutes. And that was a Saturday.
When you accept that they don’t have enough capacity to comfortably move crowds around - at any park on ANY day - as most of the old war horses around here have…the assessment completely changes

Last edited:

Dranth

Oh, you mean that stock price which has basically stagnated since Bob announced a dividend, thinking that's all the stock analysts needed to start boosting the price like before? Thanks be to Bob!!!
Dis stock is up 22% since Bob came back. The S&P is up roughly 29% over that same time so Dis is underperforming on that time scale but, over the last six months it is up 36.5% while the S&P is up 14%. Either way, I wouldn't say it is flat anymore.

On a separate note, (not directed at you, just general comments) I don't understand how anyone thinks the stock price is an indication, good or bad, for how well management is doing in something like the entertainment industry. Stock holders and fans generally have competing interests in a company like Disney and while those interests can align from time to time, more often than not, they don't. Looking at the stock as anything other than a measure of what the street currently thinks is a mistake.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Dis stock is up 22% since Bob came back. The S&P is up roughly 29% over that same time so Dis is underperforming on that time scale but, over the last six months it is up 36.5% while the S&P is up 14%. Either way, I wouldn't say it is flat anymore.

How much of that 22% can be attributed to the $13/share bump the week of the Q1 earnings report? What's happened since?

Feb 2 - $97.13.share
Feb 8 - $110.54/share
Mar 11 - $112.78/share

Not sayin', just sayin'.

I totally agree with your second paragraph.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

On a separate note, (not directed at you, just general comments) I don't understand how anyone thinks the stock price is an indication, good or bad, for how well management is doing in something like the entertainment industry. Stock holders and fans generally have competing interests in a company like Disney and while those interests can align from time to time, more often than not, they don't. Looking at the stock as anything other than a measure of what the street currently thinks is a mistake.
How much of that is due to a stock buyback…which is LITERALLY money for nothing for brokerage houses?

The answer is 110% growth

Something as legitimate as the mafia donating to a politicians campaign

And how we doing since that nugget became old news?

Dranth

How much of that is due to a stock buyback…which is LITERALLY money for nothing for brokerage houses?

The answer is 110% growth

Something as legitimate as the mafia donating to a politicians campaign
It's part buybacks, part dividend and part the light at the end of the tunnel for D+ losses. How much of each is up for debate in my mind but regardless of how you rate them, all three of those are great for stockholders while only one of them is "good" for fans.

And how we doing since that nugget became old news?
Since opening the day after the last call, it has gone up 4.9% compared to 2.4% for the S&P so not bad. Again, nothing to do with the quality of management from a fan perspective but if people want to argue stocks are a good measure (they aren't) then Dis is doing well right now or, at the very least, heading in the right direction.

Eric Graham

It's part buybacks, part dividend and part the light at the end of the tunnel for D+ losses. How much of each is up for debate in my mind but regardless of how you rate them, all three of those are great for stockholders while only one of them is "good" for fans.

Since opening the day after the last call, it has gone up 4.9% compared to 2.4% for the S&P so not bad. Again, nothing to do with the quality of management from a fan perspective but if people want to argue stocks are a good measure (they aren't) then Dis is doing well right now or, at the very least, heading in the right direction.
The S&P500 has gone up 28% this past year, I believe.

Jrb1979

As someone who is not a stockholder and is mostly a fan of the parks I could careless about the stock price or if D+ makes dollar 1

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

igerites (you may be one…but if you are I’d go ahead and jump off the wagon before the wheels come off)…are grasping to his five year old D+ comments in front of a captive audience

No sureity at all. It looks like smoke.

The stock was $2 below the chapek line ($90) when they did the quarterly call
And went to $110 in the following week.

Were is it now a month later? $111

It’s the buyback…which if people stop to call it what it is…is literally fixing your own price.

Sometimes common sense outweighs Jim Cramer…

And by “sometimes”…I mean everyday ending in Y

Disstevefan1

derailmentStation.jpg

Dranth

igerites (you may be one…but if you are I’d go ahead and jump off the wagon before the wheels come off)…are grasping to his five year old D+ comments in front of a captive audience

No sureity at all. It looks like smoke.

The stock was $2 below the chapek line ($90) when they did the quarterly call
And went to $110 in the following week.

Were is it now a month later? $111

It’s the buyback…which if people stop to call it what it is…is literally fixing your own price.

Sometimes common sense outweighs Jim Cramer…

And by “sometimes”…I mean everyday ending in Y
If you think increasing a dividend or cutting losses as much as they have in conjunction with D+ continually improving quarter after quarter has zero impact than sure, take those out. You would be wrong to think those things aren't considered by others but maybe that group is small enough to remove them. At that point your argument is what, that the entire gain only exists because of the buy back? Great, that still proves my point that you shouldn't use the stock as a measurement of management success, good or bad.

You just do it with one overriding factor whereas I believe there are multiple factors of various importance at play. Other than that we are saying basically the same thing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you think increasing a dividend or cutting losses as much as they have in conjunction with D+ continually improving quarter after quarter has zero impact than sure, take those out. You would be wrong to think those things aren't considered by others but maybe that group is small enough to remove them. At that point your argument is what, that the entire gain only exists because of the buy back? Great, that still proves my point that you shouldn't use the stock as a measurement of management success, good or bad.

You just do it with one overriding factor whereas I believe there are multiple factors of various importance at play. Other than that we are saying basically the same thing.
It’s a piddly dividend

And D+ is way ahead of its sub projections…which indicates a problem

Let’s see where it goes?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He listed a number that did not look correct so I put out the ones I see. What exactly about that is problematic or incorrect?
The stock hung at the same
since the savior reappointed himself

Contrary to the S&P

There’s a direct correlation between this great gain and the buyback…the only thing guaranteed to juice a stock price. It’s steroids. Pretty simple.

The dividend was put there before…and the D+ prognostications have been around so long Wall Street got tired of them.

Not alot of money in any stream. It’s the buybacks.

The thing about buybacks is the investor expects more and more. It’s how companies become upside down…draining cash and racking debt so the shares go up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom