Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

jlhwdw

How many times does Hagrid's Motorbikes at Universal have a delayed opening/significant downtime due to maintenance? A lot. Going back to WDW, how many times did Test Track have a delayed opening back in the day when it was new and had lots of maintenance issues? Practically every day. Looking to the north - how often do Steel Vengeance and Maverick, arguably the two most popular coasters at Cedar Point, have a delayed opening or chunks of downtime due to maintenance issues? Quite often.

As rides are designed to be more dynamic and impressive, they are also significantly more complex. To take this personally and think WDW is doing this as a cheap money grab shows a lack of understanding of how the theme park industry works. These are complex machines and sometimes the computerized safety systems just need time to work out kinks.

nickys

Premium Member
Dear me...the rides are all opened to early guests 30 minutes before the parks open officially. ONLY the ones with technical issies/delayed opening will be the ones down and a red message saying so.

If it isn't open they don't need to put 'ride down for technical issues, they just grey the wait time out.
Your screen shot says temporarily closed for LwtL.

From my experience they don’t show wait times until official park opening.

So if that’s what’s driven this rant then it’s because you’ve misunderstood how the app shows wait times. During early entry you don’t see the wait times.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

I genuinely feel sorry for you if you’ve based all your rants and actions (like leaving the parks or not joining queues because you thought the ride was down) on this failure to realise that wait times don’t show until park opening.

On the other hand you’ve wasted all this time composing your rants based on a misconception.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Are you going into the parks just looking for things to complain about? I just got back from a one week stay and I had plenty of fun. Yes I noticed some attractions down throughout the day and even was evacuated off of the People Mover. I didn't rope drop so I didn't see any of your so-called 'shenanigans'. But stuff happens. And if you go into a theme park looking for something to not like, then guess what? You will find it. I chose differently. There are plenty of other things to do in the parks than act like a petulant child.
It’s amazing how many people within the “adult” age bracket do this when any criticism of Disney comes up 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wow...so you're saying the price increases are even worse than we thought?

If the entrance price was $120 that means the entrance price was actually $95...so if you then say its $150 entrance and add the G+ on of $25...the real price to get in has gone from $95 to $175...things are therefore worse than even the most optimistic pro-Disney person imagined. Practically doubled in 2 years.

The reality is, FP+ wasn't factored into the price in any way shape or form. Why would it be, nobody ever imagined it was a chargeable extra at the time cos it wasn't. It was just seen as a perk.

G+ was, and still is a huge cash grab...nothing more nothing less.
A one day ticket in 2002 was $52.53 (tax included)…on a multi day less each day Ana a few bucks more for park hopper

So in 20 years…have they not systematically jacked the prices out the Yang?

Drdcm

Dear me...the rides are all opened to early guests 30 minutes before the parks open officially. ONLY the ones with technical issies/delayed opening will be the ones down and a red message saying so.

If it isn't open they don't need to put 'ride down for technical issues, they just grey the wait time out.

I'm getting the feeling a lot of people on here don't even go to the parks as some of the most basic I for action is being totally overlooked and missed.

This I guess is what Disney want. They certainly don't want people who know what they are up to.
I don’t think LWTL is part of the early opening hours. It’s not listed in their website as one of the included attractions - maybe I misread.

Also. It’s a tough sell if you think they’re leveraging LWTL wait times to sell genie plus, I’m doubtful that’s a ride that would move the needle in any meaningful way.

I chuckle when people act like Disney is benevolent towards their guests though. Their entire goal is to squeeze as much money out of people as possible, it’s inherently at odds with what we perceive to be our benefit as consumers. There is a line though that I do not believe they would cross, and this is it.

el_super

Never seen it while I've ever been in the parks. And if it is, it's a very very rare occurrence...these delayed opening on rides is a daily occurance- we've only noticed these patterns because we've been so many times. Those doing the parks 9n one day only problem do think 'it's one of those things,it's probably a rare thing'

You first noted this here in this thread when... Monday? Last Friday? So it's been about a week now.

In that week, have you stopped by Guest Relations to let them know how you feel? Have you asked for a refund of the unused portion of your admission?

Why did you keep going back, seven more times, after the first incident?

el_super

As rides are designed to be more dynamic and impressive, they are also significantly more complex. To take this personally and think WDW is doing this as a cheap money grab shows a lack of understanding of how the theme park industry works. These are complex machines and sometimes the computerized safety systems just need time to work out kinks.

And to add on to this a bit: the concept of safety has also been developing at a steady pace over the last 60+ years. People have been hurt and rides have been adjusted to limit the opportunity for injury. But that means more seatbelts, more safety bars, more over the shoulder restraints, more sensors, more computers and more things that can go wrong and keep a ride from being open.

Some of the big Disney dark rides have entire intrusion detection systems that will shut the ride down if someone drops a water bottle in the wrong spot.

So it's not just about maintenance.

Dranth

It’s amazing how many people within the “adult” age bracket do this when any criticism of Disney comes up 😎
There are a few of those, but not many. More often around here the less jaded, more balanced views are depicted as being defensive by the same group of people who are so far down the hate rabbit hole, they seem to have a hard time seeing anything but what they want. No room for objectivity when you are dealing with folks that have already decided everything is awful no matter what the company does.

What's funny to me is I don't even think that group is entirely wrong, there are issues, but it has really turned into a boy who cried wolf situation. People could have some good points but they shoot themselves in the foot by being so over the top negative about everything that it is hard to not outright dismiss anything they say.

My favorite are the ones who try to tell others we are part of the problem by going when they are on their 2nd or 3rd trip for the year, posting from their DVC room, after getting back from an after hours party.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
1694790486015.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom