Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

eliza61nyc

I do have to laugh at the scam that is 'food and wine festival'....it basically the same junk they sell all year round...rehashed and then label it 'festival' and people buy into the whole charade...quite comical really.
really? I ate some delicious Chilean dishes there last week that I've never seen before and I've definitely never had the Greek food we tried. I love Greek food, where do you get it in the parks.
Does it depend on the time of year you go?

JD80

The kind of stuff this site and forums survive on without Disney actually doing much right.

It does seem a little hyperbolic. Some of it I can relate to. The ride closures are one. WDW is not what it used to be. I think most of us can agree on that. The great thing about this forum and other Disney forums is that you know what to expect before you get there. An informed vacation is a better vacation.

Oh sure. It's funny and entertaining to read. I'm not saying DON'T post it, post more please - I love it. I'm also going to comment on it with giant rolling eyes.

Down time sucks and WDW needs to fix these issues. If the story was about some family there for a 5-7 day trip and they missed their favorite ride, I'd commiserate with that person. Because shame on Disney. However I'm totally going to laugh at someone with the freedom to be on site for weeks with a two week hopper pass and not have some patience that travels like this every year.

Ben_since_1971

I do have to laugh at the scam that is 'food and wine festival'....it basically the same junk they sell all year round...rehashed and then label it 'festival' and people buy into the whole charade...quite comical really.
Are you going into the parks just looking for things to complain about? I just got back from a one week stay and I had plenty of fun. Yes I noticed some attractions down throughout the day and even was evacuated off of the People Mover. I didn't rope drop so I didn't see any of your so-called 'shenanigans'. But stuff happens. And if you go into a theme park looking for something to not like, then guess what? You will find it. I chose differently. There are plenty of other things to do in the parks than act like a petulant child.

Thepuma

Oh sure. It's funny and entertaining to read. I'm not saying DON'T post it, post more please - I love it. I'm also going to comment on it with giant rolling eyes.

Down time sucks and WDW needs to fix these issues. If the story was about some family there for a 5-7 day trip and they missed their favorite ride, I'd commiserate with that person. Because shame on Disney. However I'm totally going to laugh at someone with the freedom to be on site for weeks with a two week hopper pass and not have some patience that travels like this every year.

The BIG problem is, uneducated people are getting screwed over and thi king it's just one 9f those things...when Disney plan to delay opening their rides to make more money.

When Rise is 'delayed opening' it increases wait times elsewhere, makes people buy G+ and LL+ and also pushed people into shops and eateries to, you guessed it, make more money.

Has nobody ever noticed the shoos and eateries are NEVER closed due to 'delayed opening/technical difficulties'..lol

People in queues are worthless to Disney...the money had already been paid by the mugs to enter the park, Disney need a way to coin in more and more as once a person is in the park, they become a worthless commodity unless they are spending more elsewhere...and they know tou cannot spend more while stood in a 2 hour queue.

Thepuma

Are you going into the parks just looking for things to complain about? I just got back from a one week stay and I had plenty of fun. Yes I noticed some attractions down throughout the day and even was evacuated off of the People Mover. I didn't rope drop so I didn't see any of your so-called 'shenanigans'. But stuff happens. And if you go into a theme park looking for something to not like, then guess what? You will find it. I chose differently. There are plenty of other things to do in the parks than act like a petulant child.
And opinions like this "stuff happens" is exactly why Disney get away with it.....stuff only happens if you don't organise properly. The major rides should have engineers testing the ride 2 hours before the park opens.. not at 8am. There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for a ride to not open when the park opens...if it really is a technical issue then shame on Disney even more for bot organising the staff needed BEFORE the park opens to ensure the rides are working.

But, for as long as they have people saying "it's just one of them things" Disney will continue to screw people over.

We've been in the parks long enough now to see the patterns as to what's going on. People who only spend one day in the park will probably just think ots one of those things...those who go regularly know otherwise....most of these issues are explained to male more money.

GimpYancIent

Here’s what I’m saying:

Not that they’re “cooking” wait times…it’s that they may be using them kinda “loosely”

Fastpass was designed to get you out of the lines and into the shops. Period. Full stop. No need to search for “reasons”.

By better management.

Genie and the wait times app are designed for two things:
1. Sell more genie
2. Get you out of the lines and into shops.

So what accomplishes those goals better? Higher wait times or lower?

Also…the audience is more “captive” now…because your Hotel price is double, your tickets are triple and in some cases your meals are quadruple the prices they were 20 years ago. So many of the fish…if not most…are trapped in the “pond” each day. Making them more susceptible to manipulation.
True, that is the thought process of management.

Thepuma

You certainly don't need to look for problems..they are there in front of your very eyes, and in great number.

Lilofan

The BIG problem is, uneducated people are getting screwed over and thi king it's just one 9f those things...when Disney plan to delay opening their rides to make more money.

When Rise is 'delayed opening' it increases wait times elsewhere, makes people buy G+ and LL+ and also pushed people into shops and eateries to, you guessed it, make more money.

Has nobody ever noticed the shoos and eateries are NEVER closed due to 'delayed opening/technical difficulties'..lol

People in queues are worthless to Disney...the money had already been paid by the mugs to enter the park, Disney need a way to coin in more and more as once a person is in the park, they become a worthless commodity unless they are spending more elsewhere...and they know tou cannot spend more while stood in a 2 hour queue.
The dining locations are delayed to open if there is a sewage backup for example. Your anger and hate towards Disney and you continue to frequent the parks is odd. To assume we are uneducated is off base. You simply are just wrong.

Thepuma

What is with that, no standby for THE LAND??? He has a point it looks intentional. Someone explain how standby is closed but LL is available?
It's not the no standby it's the 'temporarily closed'..which means the ride isn't open.

They will never take the G+ option away as they want people to buy G+ when the rides are down as the wait times on everything else will sky rocket making people think they need G+

Thepuma

The dining locations are delayed to open if there is a sewage backup for example. Your anger and hate towards Disney and you continue to frequent the parks is odd. To assume we are uneducated is off base. You simply are just wrong.

Never seen it while I've ever been in the parks. And if it is, it's a very very rare occurrence...these delayed opening on rides is a daily occurance- we've only noticed these patterns because we've been so many times. Those doing the parks 9n one day only problem do think 'it's one of those things,it's probably a rare thing'

nickys

Premium Member
It's not the no standby it's the 'temporarily closed'..which means the ride isn't open.

They will never take the G+ option away as they want people to buy G+ when the rides are down as the wait times on everything else will sky rocket making people think they need G+
So you know the ride isn’t open yet? So what’s your point?

The ride would have opened at 9am, which is when you can buy an LL for if you have bought G+

I don’t understand your grievance here.

Thepuma

If the LL was available for 9am then that screenshot was taken before 9am.

Therefore the ride hadn’t yet opened! :rolleyes:
Dear me...the rides are all opened to early guests 30 minutes before the parks open officially. ONLY the ones with technical issies/delayed opening will be the ones down and a red message saying so.

If it isn't open they don't need to put 'ride down for technical issues, they just grey the wait time out.

I'm getting the feeling a lot of people on here don't even go to the parks as some of the most basic I for action is being totally overlooked and missed.

This I guess is what Disney want. They certainly don't want people who know what they are up to.

Marionnette

If the LL was available for 9am then that screenshot was taken before 9am.

Therefore the ride hadn’t yet opened! :rolleyes:
Yeah. But FWIW, Lwtl is still temporarily closed @9:35 AM.

Screenshot_20230915-093506_Disney World.jpg

LittleBuford

Not so much pot shots...just amazed at how much patience the Americans have when it comes to being completed done over time and time again by Disneys crappy tactics...and how you just take it without a complaint...I know for a fact if a UK theme park pulled the tricks Disney does the park would be empty and it would go out if business.....Disney only gets away with what they do because enough people roll over to have their belly tickled, while being royally shafted for money and time.
If the situation is one that wouldn’t be tolerated in the UK, why on earth did you pay for a three-week holiday there? (Asking as a fellow Brit.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom