Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

Do YOU realise they have had all last night and all morning pre- opening to get the ride working.

Seeing as the ride hasn't been run since park close yesterday, there won't magically be some problem that wouldn't have surfaced last night..and if there was, they should have been in early enough to get it sorted so they are p1ssing off more and more and more people with this totally inept management.

I really admire Americans patience...you lot will wait in a (purposefully caused) line, caused by inept management and you just suck it up. In the UK there would be riots if we were subjected to such inept organisation and under hand tactics like Disney does.

Additionally it appears to be common theme in Disney parks where rides are down at park open. This is either unbelievable coincidence (too unbelievable to believe) or these things are planned in advance.

We all know why Disney do this...to ramp up times on other attractions and sell Genie+.

I for one, am getting very very fed up of their tactics ...it just adds to the ongoing feeling of paying more and more and more for less and less.

Shame on you Disney, shame on you ....I hope you go bust and have to sell your parks to Universal Studios or for housing.
Seems like this is stressing you out. Life is too short. You can enjoy other FL tourist areas and support the second biggest economy of the Sunshine State. Your post reminds me of a poster a number of years ago expressing her stressful displeasure of an experience at MK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilofan

Do YOU realise they have had all last night and all morning pre- opening to get the ride working.

Seeing as the ride hasn't been run since park close yesterday, there won't magically be some problem that wouldn't have surfaced last night..and if there was, they should have been in early enough to get it sorted so they are p1ssing off more and more and more people with this totally inept management.

I really admire Americans patience...you lot will wait in a (purposefully caused) line, caused by inept management and you just suck it up. In the UK there would be riots if we were subjected to such inept organisation and under hand tactics like Disney does.

Additionally it appears to be common theme in Disney parks where rides are down at park open. This is either unbelievable coincidence (too unbelievable to believe) or these things are planned in advance.

We all know why Disney do this...to ramp up times on other attractions and sell Genie+.

I for one, am getting very very fed up of their tactics ...it just adds to the ongoing feeling of paying more and more and more for less and less.

Shame on you Disney, shame on you ....I hope you go bust and have to sell your parks to Universal Studios or for housing.
Seems like this is stressing you out. Life is too short. You can enjoy other FL tourist areas and support the second biggest economy of the Sunshine State. Your post reminds me of a poster a number of years ago expressing her stressful displeasure of an experience at MK.

hismattjesty

Is that true?!? Ive never heard that before regarding concerning noises not about the accident…
It is sadly, and I just so happened to be there the day it occurred. More people were ticked-off about the ride closure, and there was zero compassion for the situation that was unfolding. I'm honestly surprised I did not end up in a physical altercation or with a ban, based on some of the comments I made to these entitled animals.

Edit: Not sure if you were talking about the actual death itself, or noises being heard and that the attraction kept running.

Tony the Tigger

Two words: anger management.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wendy Pleakley

At epcot this morning...Frozen down since before the park opened- staff have no idea why or when it it will open.

Well done again Disney...a weekend and a relatively simple major attraction isn't open.

And they wonder why people ate getting fed up.

Funny old thing...they never delay the opening of a shop or somewhere that they can coin in extra revenue...its always the rides where you never find out till you've paid your money to get it and it doesn't matter to Dinsey as they've already got your money.

This 3 week to Orlando has been a real eye opener to how far Disney have sunk in terms of guest satisfaction...and how they jist don't give a damn about giving back...its all take take take and you have suck it up like idiots.

Thank god we aren't coming back after this holiday...its Cured us.

So strange that attractions break down more often than gift shops.

Thepuma

LOL I highly doubt it.
So you think every morning at least 1 major attraction being 'delayed opening' is a massive coincidence?

lol...no wonder Americans are patient, they seem to just accept everything at face value and not question things. I really do admire your patience, I don't know how you do it.

Like this morning queueing to get in..the line we were in the family's tickets were not working...instead of the member of staff putting their hands up to get help pull the family to one side to sort their issue, she jist let the family continue to try...try and fond tickets on their phone..Try to find their reservation etc....10 minutes while every other queue was filing past.

It took me to go over to one of the dedicated staff for this, behind the tap in machine to ask if they could help the poor family. It was 100% the worker on the stations fault, they are trained to put their hands up for help, put the family to one side and continue letting people through.

Seeing as the only real issue you can have at tap in is 1) You don't have a valid ticket or 2) you don't have a park reservation...its really that simple.

I admire the people in front just blindly accepting the incompetence and not stepping in to alert the staff member for help.

Ayla

So you think every morning at least 1 major attraction being 'delayed opening' is a massive coincidence?

lol...no wonder Americans are patient, they seem to just accept everything at face value and not question things. I really do admire your patience, I don't know how you do it.

Like this morning queueing to get in..the line we were in the family's tickets were not working...instead of the member of staff putting their hands up to get help pull the family to one side to sort their issue, she jist let the family continue to try...try and fond tickets on their phone..Try to find their reservation etc....10 minutes while every other queue was filing past.

It took me to go over to one of the dedicated staff for this, behind the tap in machine to ask if they could help the poor family. It was 100% the worker on the stations fault, they are trained to put their hands up for help, put the family to one side and continue letting people through.

Seeing as the only real issue you can have at tap in is 1) You don't have a valid ticket or 2) you don't have a park reservation...its really that simple.

I admire the people in front just blindly accepting the incompetence and not stepping in to alert the staff member for help.
You're conflating issues. I agree, that family should have been pulled aside.

Look, as anyone who has ever read my posts knows, I am far from a pixie duster. But no, I don't believe Disney is deliberately leaving attractions closed at opening just to pee off customers (my chosen word is censored).

celluloid

You're conflating issues. I agree, that family should have been pulled aside.

Look, as anyone who has ever read my posts knows, I am far from a pixie duster. But no, I don't believe Disney is deliberately leaving attractions closed at opening just to pee off customers (my chosen word is censored).

What they are doing is not caring as much and neglecting upkeep to where these things, not perhaps this particular incident, become more common.

Attractions will always go down and delayed, but it has certainly become more frequent in recent years. It is always going to be more likely when operation and wear and tear increase, and in some cases the upkeep attention goes down.

Thepuma

Well, I'd say after today, footfall is no way less than previous...ive been to Epcot about 100 times and I've never seen Living with the land at 25 minutes...its always been a walk on. I've been plenty of times on a Sunday too.

Where are people getting this idea that the parks are quieter?

celluloid

Well, I'd say after today, footfall is no way less than previous...ive been to Epcot about 100 times and I've neve seen Living with the land at 25 minutes...its always been a walk on. I've been ple to of times on a Sunday too.
Capacity and reliability can also play into that as well. Less boats on course, training of CMS etc...

Many are waiting for their virtual time for Guardians.

Thepuma

What they are doing is not caring as much and neglecting upkeep to where these things, not perhaps this particular incident, become more common.

Attractions will always go down and delayed, but it has certainly become more frequent in recent years. It is always going to be more likely when operation and wear and tear increase, and in some cases the upkeep attention goes down.

I totally agree, rides will go down during the day...I can accept that to a degree, but every Disney park I've been in the 10 days so far has had at least 1 ride down (usually a major one) immediately the park has opened...and this I just don't buy, these rides have been opened up in the morning for years without 'technical problems'...why is it only now we are seeing daily pre park opening closures?

There's just too many of these for it to be a coincidence. These delayed openings are planned, they have to be.

Ayla

Totally agree.

celluloid

I totally agree, rides will go down during the day...I can accept that to a degree, but every Disney park I've been in the 10 days so far has had at least 1 ride down (usually a major one) immediately the park has opened...and this I just don't buy, these rides have been opened up in the morning for years without 'technical problems'...why is it only now we are seeing daily pre park opening closures?

There's just too many of these for it to be a coincidence. These delayed openings are planned, they have to be.

Definitely true. It is evident. There is certainly lack of upkpeep and more wear and tear. That is what the suits favor. You are exactly right. They operate more and budget less so they can keep profits for shareholders and their bonus pockets.

This is also evident in situations like Tower of Terror at half capacity for so long and RNR needing its intensive refurb, or the Haunted Mansion closed for two days because the unloading belt was about to blow.

For what it is worth, I even question my safety on a few attractions now and I won't be back for a long, long time for similar reasons to you and the direction the company is going.

Luckily, we can do Universal and Sea World/Busch Gardens and explore and save a good amount while still doing more things.

We did Tokyo Disney this last year. We saved for ten years to do it and I will not be going to the state parks anytime soon. I am going to utilize foreign parks and travel with my passport and earned money there.

Thepuma

Capacity and reliability can also play into that as well. Less boats on course, training of CMS etc...

Many are waiting for their virtual time for Guardians.
But that's the same with any day in Epcot to be fair.

I take it back though...we just dig Figment - said 30 minutes wait, it was a walk on lol.

Terrible underhand tactics to get people to buy Genie+

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom